• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask a simple question, get a simple answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leifio

Smash Cadet
Which controller should i use, the gamecube controller the (Z button is the attack button and R is grab) or should i use the wii mote nunchuck(the A button is the special button B is attack)? im comfertable with either one of them.

Neodaft_boy

Smash Cadet
Toon Link question. Fair and bair seem to do the same thing for me... it seems that bair is slightly faster then fair.

Is this true and the only reason why bair is better then fair? Or are there knockback and damage differences?

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
ok um simple question... where the thread for asking people for their smash codes?

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710

ok um so wheres the thread for asking people for their friend codes again? =/

pirkid

Smash Lord
Which controller should i use, the gamecube controller the (Z button is the attack button and R is grab) or should i use the wii mote nunchuck(the A button is the special button B is attack)? im comfertable with either one of them.
Whatever you feel is better for you. GC is usually easier to play with when you have a lot of people (Say at a tournament or even a party) and you need to switch out for someone ease to play.

Toon Link question. Fair and bair seem to do the same thing for me... it seems that bair is slightly faster then fair.

Is this true and the only reason why bair is better then fair? Or are there knockback and damage differences?
IIRC Fair does more damage. However, BAir is still more useful.
One thing to note, BAir's are supposed to be harder to execute then FAirs. ;)

nmaster64

Smash Cadet
NNID
Nmaster64
3DS FC
4210-3983-6182
what does F-air, B-air etc. mean?

thanks!
fAir = Forward Air
bAir = Back Air
uAir = Up Air
dAir = Down Air

You can assume similar things such as uSmash = Up Smash or dB = Down Special...

Link he come to town...

Smash Apprentice
Hello, I used to main Captain Falcon in melee for his maneuvrability, comboability, and hard hitters, but it seems I can't find another character I really enjoy, some characters I enjoy otherwise are Ike, Pit, Metaknight, Luigi and Link but I was wondering what others would suggest I try, other c falcon melee mains opinions are very valued as well as anyone elses. Oh and I love to meteor smash others, it consists of about half my kills. Thanks regardless of what input I get.

Porygon

Smash Rookie
When I use the coin launcher it stops counting after I earn 99 trophies. Do I still get all the trophies even if I go over the counter or does it only let you get 99 every time you play?

Link he come to town...

Smash Apprentice
Although I can't say for certain since I haven't collected ALL the songs yet, (although I have collected a majority of them), I believe that there is no music from OA or the OS, unless it can be found in another game as well.

GameyHarp

Smash Rookie
Can anyone explain more in depth or give an example I guess of DI? I read through what it is on the melee forums and see it used a lot. Right now I can't really comprehend anything for some reason...so try your best and I'm sure I'll come back tomorrow, read it, and slap myself. Thanks in advance.

Hocotate Ship

Smash Rookie
Exactly how many trophies in the game are gotten through normal means? (Meaning not through challenges, trophy stands, classic, all-star, etc.)

Marchie

Smash Rookie
Is there a guide (or more, a glossary) to all the various terms used for moves on the boards?

I've been smashing since 64 but I have no idea what the heck a Nair is. :p Where I come from, it's a hair removal product.

Marchie

Smash Rookie
Nair=Normal air
Dair=Down air
Fair=Forward air

etc.
Thank you, but there's a buttload of other stuff too- spot dodge, ftilt, camping, etc.

So specifically, Dair refers to any aerial move that thrusts downwards?

missedwithtruestrike

Smash Journeyman
okay heres a simple one, ihope, how do the 3 buttons at the bottom of post work, quote, multy quote, and quick reply. i dont wanna mess with them and look stupid so i asked first.

RedMage8BT

Smash Lord
Thank you, but there's a buttload of other stuff too- spot dodge, ftilt, camping, etc.

So specifically, Dair refers to any aerial move that thrusts downwards?
Dair mean Aerial Down A, it's sometimes referred to as ADA. It's just pressing down and A in the air.

Spot dodge refers to sidestep dodging (hold sheild + Down). For some reason everyone seems to have his own name for it.

Ftilt (along with Utilt and Dtilt) refer to "strong attacks" as described in the manual. They are directional melee attacks usually (but not always) faster and weaker than smashes.

Camping is a common gaming term used to refer to staying in one spot and fighting without moving much or at all. There are various strategical utilities to it.

REDRAGON

Smash Ace
I have a simple question:
What exactly does Endure a 15-Minute Brawl mean???

I have tried surviving 15 mins, but that does not work...
I have tried just playing 15 mins and that does not work ether!

Please help!!!

Redragon

Marchie

Smash Rookie
Dair mean Aerial Down A, it's sometimes referred to as ADA. It's just pressing down and A in the air.

Spot dodge refers to sidestep dodging (hold sheild + Down). For some reason everyone seems to have his own name for it.

Ftilt (along with Utilt and Dtilt) refer to "strong attacks" as described in the manual. They are directional melee attacks usually (but not always) faster and weaker than smashes.

Camping is a common gaming term used to refer to staying in one spot and fighting without moving much or at all. There are various strategical utilities to it.
Ah, okay, thanks! That helps clear up a lot. c:

Redragon: There's actually a stadium event called '15 minute brawl'. It's under solo > stadium (I think) and it's where you find the 100 man brawl, cruel brawl etc.

ook

Smash Lord
What is a pivot? Is it just when you're dashing and turn around? Or is it something else (more complicated)? If so how do you do it?

Sparx

Smash Cadet
What is a pivot? Is it just when you're dashing and turn around? Or is it something else (more complicated)? If so how do you do it?
that's basically it.

Pivoting is widely known because of a property that it holds (or held): your character stands fully upright in standing position for one frame, allowing you to do a jab, ftilt, or fsmash (if I'm not mistaken) in the direction you are pivoting to for the duration of the frame. This requires precise timing, however, as one frame is infinitesimally short: 1/60th of a second.

Which leads me to my own question: does brawl have the pivot attack in the same sense as melee had it? (Unless the stutter step fsmash relies on the same principle mechanic, which means that it became incredibly easier to do)

Pikachu'sBlueWizardHat

Smash Apprentice
About the repeated attack decay thing: does that only apply when you actually land attacks or if you just keep using them at all? Like if I try ten times in a row to connect with Lucas' upsmash, when finally I hit with it will it be weakened alot or will it have its full effect?

Grunt

Smash Master
About the repeated attack decay thing: does that only apply when you actually land attacks or if you just keep using them at all? Like if I try ten times in a row to connect with Lucas' upsmash, when finally I hit with it will it be weakened alot or will it have its full effect?
in order for damage to decrease it has to be dealt first.

Why is it called a John? Was there a particular dude who complained a lot, or what? Gimme some back story here. I know what a John is, but I want to know the name origin. Or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom