• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask a simple question, get a simple answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aether

Smash Cadet
Guys, I recently started to play 2v2 with some friends, but a noticed a bad thing: I can't steal my companion's life pressing start!
This feature in melee guaranteed balanced matches, since as long the strongest player can give away his lives to keep the parner in game, now you can remain with 4 stock vs 2 players... and be pwned.

Please somebody tell me if there's a way to do it in Brawl!

Nordique

Smash Rookie
Thanks for answer. But I forgot to ask: On custom stages, you can use any song, right?
You can choose one song to use in Custom Stages, and it can be any song you want, from any franchise. No My Music or anything like that though.

Corigames

Smash Hero
is wavebouncing a glitch?
Nah, it's an exploit of the physics engine. It is technically possible to do with your hands, but is of the upmost difficulty to preform. So, look out, if you are caught using it; you may be labeled a tourny *** for doing cool things!

Riodsey

Smash Cadet
Does anyone know where I could find some good/pro replays matches for me to download and put it into a SD card? I want to see better the actions instead of youtube lame quality in some vids.
I was about to make a thread but, think this one can solve my problem.

Bishop_S

Smash Cadet
I have a question... Does anyone know how to transfer pictures and maybe Videos I've taken in Brawl and copy them to my computer?

I tried using my SD card, but the format it came out in was a BIN file which doesnt work on my computer.

Riodsey

Smash Cadet
I have a question... Does anyone know how to transfer pictures and maybe Videos I've taken in Brawl and copy them to my computer?

I tried using my SD card, but the format it came out in was a BIN file which doesnt work on my computer.
That's because the bin file is just a file with the comands that were inputed in the match, so only the game can reads it. There's no other actual way than recording directly from the tv or with a camera.

AndWii

Smash Rookie
Question - why is there a delayed or no contoller imput when you use the c stick smash after you land or dodge in cetain situations, as it cost me ko's (both me and on me)

thanx

Bishop_S

Smash Cadet
That's because the bin file is just a file with the comands that were inputed in the match, so only the game can reads it. There's no other actual way than recording directly from the tv or with a camera.
I really don't need videos on my computer.. It's mainly for pictures... my TV is too bad to take a picture of the screen and I dont have a TV recorder to get the stills later with. I was hoping there was some other option... I wish I could send them to Photo Channel or something... but I don't see that either.

Oh well.. thanks anyways.

Riodsey

Smash Cadet
I really don't need videos on my computer.. It's mainly for pictures... my TV is too bad to take a picture of the screen and I dont have a TV recorder to get the stills later with. I was hoping there was some other option... I wish I could send them to Photo Channel or something... but I don't see that either.

Oh well.. thanks anyways.
Oh, about pics I don't realy know but I think it's impossible too.
You're case is the same as mine, wish I had a TV recorder :(

Nodrak

Smash Ace

Once the .bin files are on your computer (for pictures, replays wont work) use this.
http://brawl.kakkoister.com/

There's a separate non-online program to do it but I lost it. That site will turn it into a jpg.

dj_pwn1423

Smash Journeyman
Can anyone help me? I want to know if I did the port forwarding thing right.
I typed "brawl" for application(I heard it didnt matter), ports 1 to 6553, UPD for protocol, and I typed in my computer's IP address but I think I heard something about assigning the wii its own IP?

Is it ok or do I need to assing the wii an IP and type that in ?

Frown

poekmon

Dojo Sam

Smash Cadet
Question: Say you're on FD playing Pikachu and you're hanging on the ledge. If you drop down and sort of hug the part of stage below the ledge while moving along that angled portion, you'll do a kind of "climb" up the stage. Is there any use for this besides serving as a stall or mindgame device?

Virtual

Smash Rookie
Named Versus Records

In SSBM you could toggle to see KO's & falls not only on a per-character bases, but on a per-name'd player basis. In SSBB I only see per character.

Thanks.

Corigames

Smash Hero
Question: Say you're on FD playing Pikachu and you're hanging on the ledge. If you drop down and sort of hug the part of stage below the ledge while moving along that angled portion, you'll do a kind of "climb" up the stage. Is there any use for this besides serving as a stall or mindgame device?
I'm pretty sure you just wall jumped :/

Dojo Sam

Smash Cadet
This should clear up my vague description, heh: http://youtube.com/watch?v=JoHVgV0MU48

At approximately 4:42 Diddy clings onto the side of the stage and does a sort of slide up the stage. I dunno if that'd be considered a wall jump or something else. I don't really mind what it's called, though; I'm more interested in potential uses (or non-uses) of this. But honestly, right now it looks like nothing more than a nifty trick, IMO.

chaos 9

Smash Cadet
can you play online with everyone without time and with say 5 lives? i hate the time.

REDRAGON

Smash Ace
I have a question:

How do you know when you have beaten the game 100%
That includes all stages, char, stickers, trophies etc etc

When the "wall" in all unlocked, does that mean i have beaten it 100%?
Or does that not include some stuff in it?

I just the game yesterday, so i am still pretty new to it!

Redragon

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
Does fortune go in all fields?
How does on green text?
**** of GTFO?

Okay but seriously are exploding capsules off in brawl? I heard they were.

Steck

Smash Journeyman
Many ATs seem to have been found using b-sticking (wavebouncing for example). Is b-sticking going to be the norm in tournies from now on? (If so isn't olimar useless without quick smash attacks?)

pirkid

Smash Lord
Does fortune go in all fields?
How does on green text?
**** of GTFO?

Okay but seriously are exploding capsules off in brawl? I heard they were.
Yes, there is an option to turn off Boxes, Barrels, and Capsules.
However, they still explode if they are included in battle.

I have a question:

How do you know when you have beaten the game 100%
That includes all stages, char, stickers, trophies etc etc

When the "wall" in all unlocked, does that mean i have beaten it 100%?
Or does that not include some stuff in it?

I just the game yesterday, so i am still pretty new to it!

Redragon
The Wall of Achievement is not all you have to finish, there are a lot more hidden stickers and CDs to unlock as well.
You will get a notice everytime you finish one of these milestones.

why does it take so long to brawl online?
You may have a bad connection. Look around for some tips on how to improve your internet connection.

If you are looking for a brawl clan click this link http://smashers.forumakers.com/ we are a new clan so if you like brawl and looking for a good clan join this clan!!!

Hero's of Brawl!!!
Please don't advertise, you may post links in your signature but don't post replies or threads for advertising purposes.

B-Sticking? I was away from these boards for a few days, anyone care to explain?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom