• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask a simple question, get a simple answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ßebop

Smash Rookie
Save Files

Is there a way to move the Brawl data from one Wi to another?
Because the wii wouldn't let me copy it to an SD card...:(
Please HELP!

nmaster64

Smash Cadet
NNID
Nmaster64
3DS FC
4210-3983-6182
Is there a way to move the Brawl data from one Wi to another?
Because the wii wouldn't let me copy it to an SD card...:(
Please HELP!
Sadly no. Online Wii games have that option disabled...

This might help if you just need the characters quick...
You can unlock EVERY character through the VS. mode.

An easy way to do this (though very, very repetitive) is to go into special brawl, select STAMINA and FLOWER as your only 2 options. Once in the character select screen, select a computer character and set their Stamina (HP) to 1. Set your own to anything higher than 1. All matches will last less than a few seconds as the computer will die immediately. Keep repeating until the character(s) you want are unlocked. Again, this is the fastest possible way to unlock every character.

Ness - 5 matches
Marth - 10 matches
Snake - 15 matches (all 15 must be played on Shadow Moses Island)
Luigi - 25 matches
Falco - 50 matches
Captain Falcon - 70 matches
Lucario - 100 matches
R.O.B. - 150 matches
Ganondorf - 200 matches
Mr. Game & Watch - 250 matches
Sonic - 300 matches
Jigglypuff - 350 matches
Toon Link - 400 matches
Wolf - 450 matches

M.K

Level 55
For my play time count, I have 50:01 (50 hours and 1 minute) and I did not unlock Bob-Omb Battlefield Music, why not?

Kirbichu

Smash Apprentice
Where's the tier list.
There won't be a tier list for a few more months, maybe even a year. The game is still pretty new and as soon as new techniques for characters get discovered, everything can change in a blink of an eye.

Lanttu

Smash Apprentice
I think somebody said you could choose your victory pose right before a match ends. Is that true?
From today's Dojo update: "On the results screen for brawl matches, the winning player can select the pose their character takes on screen by using the four directions on the +Control Pad. Start pressing the button for your preferred pose once the match has ended but before the game moves to the results screen."

I think some other buttons work too because every time I've won with Ike and pressed B, I've got the same "I fight for my friends" pose.

whats the difference between a spike and a meteor? i think i know but i want to be sure.
In Brawl, nothing really to my knowledge. In Melee Falco's dair is a spike and takes a long time before you can do anything while Ganon's and Falcon's dairs for example are a meteors and can be recovered soon after hit.

missedwithtruestrike

Smash Journeyman
k thats what i thought its really just a matter of time.
noone ansered my other question: is there a thread where i can find all the terms, sort of like a encyclepidia?

Kazzar

Smash Rookie
What is the difference between a smash and a tilt, and how do you preform them seperately button-wise?

Grandeza

Smash Master
In Brawl, nothing really to my knowledge. In Melee Falco's dair is a spike and takes a long time before you can do anything while Ganon's and Falcon's dairs for example are a meteors and can be recovered soon after hit.
Wrong. In brawl, everything is a spike. A meteor can be meteor cancelled but there's no meteor cancelling in brawl. So now the only difference between spikes is how far your sent down before you can move again. *I think this is more accurate*

Lanttu

Smash Apprentice
Have any patches been released yet?
No.

Wrong. In brawl, everything is a spike. A meteor can be meteor cancelled but there's no meteor cancelling in brawl. So now the only difference between spikes is how far your sent down before you can move again. *I think this is more accurate*
I know there's no meteor cancelling in Brawl, that's why I said there's no differences between a spike and meteor smash. And the "official" name for them is meteor smash, spike is just a term community has made(?) and usually use it instead (no one calls tilts strong attacks either, right?). For the effect and for moves which sends downwards but aren't meteor smashes.

Urb

Smash Journeyman
What is the difference between a smash and a tilt, and how do you preform them seperately button-wise?
They use the same buttons, but the force you apply on the control stick (GCNC) is different. With a smash, you jam the stick in a direction while pressing A, for Mario, this is a feiry palm slap! With a tilt, you move the stick about half way and tap A. For Mario, this is a staight kick.
You can see the effects easily if you deliver a smash, but keep holding the control stick in the direction you smashed and continue to press A. These next atks will be read as tilts.

Kit-Tsukasa

Smash Cadet
Question: Is DK's OHKO stage throw banned? As in, he carries you off the stage and throws you against/underneath the stage at angle that not only allows him to recover, but also kills you since it's impossible to tech, and for most characters, impossible to recover from even at 0% because of poor recovery or getting stuck underneath the stage/edgehog?

One_With_Sumthing

Smash Apprentice
Is it possible to play 1v1 instead of 4 player FFA on wifi? I can't find the option, and FFA really isn't something I enjoy much [unless I know the people I'm facing].

Urb

Smash Journeyman
Is it possible to play 1v1 instead of 4 player FFA on wifi? I can't find the option, and FFA really isn't something I enjoy much [unless I know the people I'm facing].
I have played friend matches with only one friend before, but you can set CPUs. Unfortunately, on Anyone mode, most of the time either four people get onto play, or the wii assigns CPUs. Only once did I some how play some guy 1 v 1. He then spammed me with Toon's dair!

ßebop

Smash Rookie
No one answered, so i'm posting again
is there a way to transfer the brawl data from one wii to another?
i tried the other day with an sd card, but it wouldn't let me...i thought that maybe because of the friend codes or something like that...
the thing is i've been playing on a friend's wii and i'm almost done with every trophy and sticker and 1-p modes....i don't wanna lose all that and start again!!!
thanks in advance

fransisco4

Smash Cadet
I was playing as the Ice Climber VS lINK AND zELDA in All Star Mode and the crowd started to shout: Mario,Mario,Mario!!!

Has this happened to anyone else??

Corigames

Smash Hero
No one answered, so i'm posting again
is there a way to transfer the brawl data from one wii to another?
i tried the other day with an sd card, but it wouldn't let me...i thought that maybe because of the friend codes or something like that...
the thing is i've been playing on a friend's wii and i'm almost done with every trophy and sticker and 1-p modes....i don't wanna lose all that and start again!!!
thanks in advance
No, you can't transfer data between two wiis aside from custom stages, pictures, and replays. If anyone has found a way to do it, they haven't informed me. This means you have to unlock everything on your own; I guess it's part of Sakurai's "fun" agenda.

Jennifer Stogner

Smash Rookie
Maybe this is a noob question, or it's been answered on here (forgive me for not surfing through 53 pages), but is there a way to take out custom stages on random?

And the mario thing is definitely weird, but kinda cool.

Corigames

Smash Hero
Yes, go to the random stage select in the MORE OPTIONS MENU and go to the bottom right corner. There should be an on/off switch for them there.

zaf

Smash Lord
still not used to all the slang and everything yet, i know most techniques and etc, just not the words used here. Can someone explain "pillar" please. I probally know it, just not that word for it.thanks

also, sorry if it was mentioned here, too many pages to surf through =[ .

Riodsey

Smash Cadet
A question about replays, I save a replay into a SD card, put them on the PC, upload in any site and let people download it, will they be able to see the replay in the Wii?
I've never found someone that have did that, and I've heard that it isn't possible too.

Justice777

Smash Cadet
balless final smash

I have a friend who said he performed a final smash without a smash ball (on an itemless match). Has anyone else heard of this occuring?

pirkid

Smash Lord
when im looking at the friend roster and i see all the names what do the different colored dots mean?
Connection ratings. Blue is optimal, green is great, yellow is average, orange is bad, and red is horrible.

I was playing as the Ice Climber VS lINK AND zELDA in All Star Mode and the crowd started to shout: Mario,Mario,Mario!!!

Has this happened to anyone else??
Never. That's actually quite weird.

A question about replays, I save a replay into a SD card, put them on the PC, upload in any site and let people download it, will they be able to see the replay in the Wii?
I've never found someone that have did that, and I've heard that it isn't possible too.
It isn't possible, replay data has specific bits that are needed to play it, or so I've heard.

is there going to ba any new patchs????????
Rumous are flying, but there is no solid news yet.

Do Zelda/Sheik and Samus/ZSS have differant Final Smash trophies?
Yes.

blackfox2765

Smash Rookie
Where do any of you find SSBB tourneys ... i know MLG but im looking for other tournaments that provide singles entry and doubles

FalcoLeetness

Smash Cadet
Can i subscribe to RSS feeds on smashboards.com, if so, how? i mean the forums RSS not the news RSS, and can i only pick specific subforums like character specific Brawl for example or is it the entire site?

M.K

Level 55
I have 50:02 as my Vs. Play Time, how come the Super Mario 64 Main Theme Challenge Box didn't break?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom