• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer Thread

SSSnake

Smash Journeyman
its actually pretty sad though. everyone knows hes the best character in the game, no bad MUs. his high-priority moves are enough, but his gimps come out in like 2 frames, so theres not much u can do about those -_-

2-2

Smash Journeyman
NNID
VGMtheVagabond
Not really, although MK may be annoying, it's still more tolerable than Snake, Diddy, Marth, ICs and Flaco. I'll take flying bat over Boots, Bananas, Princess Outrange, or any form of chaingrabbing.

overgamer

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5026-4413-8581
Well I have many secondaries actually, and can't decide who to prick as a surprise char change during a set. Like Luigi / ROB / Ike / ZSS, even if they have worse match-up. Maybe just ROB against Marth?

Oh I have a quick questions, what are G&W options when he air release some chars?
If he got any.

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
Hey, I'm a scrub player trying to solidify my gw. I'm teaming with a zss and I'd like to know which teams to look out for. I'd greatly appreciate it if someone could help me. Thanks in advance.

2-2

Smash Journeyman
NNID
VGMtheVagabond
MK/Snake can pull off some bull**** quick kills if you don't watch out. If you see MK go to Snake and Snake plants a C4, don't get grabbed by MK. He will up-throw so that you both go in the air, Snake will detonate the C4, and you will die at 0%. GW/MK is another great team. GW's Up-air is a great momentum cancel when his teammate gets launched towards him. But you should do fine, as long as you have ZSS give you some d-smash love, you can do well.

PentaSalia

Smash Master
NNID
PentaSalad
ehhh very few people have bucket experience here lol,including myself but asides from the usual double MK or MK + blank, there aren't really any other teams that are as difficult. Bucket teams heavily depend on how well you both communicate in matches and how well you(G&W) can protect your partner. Since ZSS will be playing the aggressive role here for the most part, you will need to be very good at protecting her obvious flaws and covering her back most of the times. So basically,you're both heavily dependent on each other lol. Filling up buckets is also another factor but make sure to get in alot of team friendlies so you'll be more aware of possible openings for bucket filling in tourney matches. Also remember that G&W is invincible when his bucket is being filled;).

and no..her side b does not fill up his bucket lol. The laser does though.

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
You might as well just ask us for now or look at the specific character matchup thread

actually I forgot, look for a sticky Today (cutie) made an awesome collective of links GW mains should need

look for that

Azsy

Smash Cadet
Hey, I'm a new G&W player and I play a lot of doubles with my friend. But the problem is we are having trouble trying to figure out if its better he use Wario or Luigi. Hes solid with both characters we've just had good and bad luck with both.

Is there any character that would be better for him to use? and is there any specific technique that we should be trying?

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
Well, My permanent Wi-fi partner uses Weegee and the team ain't bad. Weegee is good at both racking Damage and is a fantastic killer. Up-B out of team grabs is great can get you some 50% kills, you can Uair to help him recover although most of the time he should be okay there have been a number of times i saved my partner. And both characters have ******** killing power. Fun team.

Azsy

Smash Cadet
Well, often we'll try to get Wario to grab someone giving me the opportunity to try to side smash them, but... often I find myself either damaging or actually knocking out Wario. So I'm honestly questioning if this is something I should even try to bother with, or if I should look into something else of that fashion. Or is it just me sucking at spacing myself far enough away? xD

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
Well, often we'll try to get Wario to grab someone giving me the opportunity to try to side smash them, but... often I find myself either damaging or actually knocking out Wario. So I'm honestly questioning if this is something I should even try to bother with, or if I should look into something else of that fashion. Or is it just me sucking at spacing myself far enough away? xD
The last sentence. you should also learn the trajectory and the look of his grabs so once he throws them you can intercept them with like a fair or a dair.

Azsy

Smash Cadet
Alright, well I'll keep working on the spacing, I'm pretty bad at in general even when doing singles. Are there any recorded team games with a G&W and Wario team floating around I could reference?

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
I don't really have a usual teammate.

G&W is incredibly good teaming with MK or Wario. I've got a lot of footage from a regional tournament this past weekend of me teaming with Bassem (strong wario player). We took first. Vids will be up eventually.

Azsy

Smash Cadet
That would be wicked to see. And specific YouTube channel I'd check them out on when their up? And congrats on the win.

2-2

Smash Journeyman
NNID
VGMtheVagabond
Just look up shadowgripper.
yeah I subscribed.
and you find his channel.

Sephirothdotcom

Smash Cadet
What are some good setups for GnW kills? Other then d-throw to d-smash (w/o tech) or d-throw to tech chase u-smash, and the ocasional fake out f-air, ive had some problems killing elusive opponents like sonic and zss, and would like to know some nice setups for kills, thanks

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
The best kill setup for Game & Watch is probably the 3rd hit of NAir (you have to land before the 4th hit comes out) to DSmash/other things. Juggling with UAir can help too. He doesn't have any particularly good setups, you've just got top play carefully and wait for an opening.

Onion Knight

Smash Cadet
I was doing GW vs GW the other day and when the opponent used Up-B the trampoline that comes out stayed out just long enough for me to fall on it and also bounce up. I am wondering if this is because I was GW or if this works with any character.

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
It works with any character, and it has to do with the windbox that's produced; the trampoline is only an animation.

Top Bottom