• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer Thread, READ BEFORE MAKING NEW THREADS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mith132

Smash Apprentice
I have a really nooby question. What does OoS stand for? Is it like out of stage or something? I hear it around but have never known what it meant lol.

ElPadrino

Smash Apprentice
Ok I was playing a match, and I Faired an MK out of it's Nado.

I don't have more time to experiment now, but has this been discovered before? If it hasn't, then can someone check what part of the Fair can hit MK out of his Nado?

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
I've upB'd through tornado.

If you hit the top part, that makes sense, because that's where priority is crap and a lot of moves can go through. Otherwise, I'm pretty sure fair doesn't work :(

:059:

Semifer

Smash Journeyman
@ ElPadrino:
Which kind of Fair did you use? SH AC Fair, FH AC Fair, or anything else? Maybe there are good chances to hit through the tornado if you use it at a certain high, but the problem is that the position of the tornado can be changed by the opponent =/. Anyways that could become another weapon against MKs Tornado next to shine and blaster (and maybe also bair).

Dv8tor

Smash Journeyman
Fair is just foward air, all aerials can be shown by air with one letter of the direction put in front. Nair, dair, fair, bair, and uair.

Hydra.

Smash Lord
NNID
Aqua.Sword
Why does Ike fight for his friends?
Like who made that up and why?
It's been bothering me not knowing...

Dv8tor

Smash Journeyman
I think you got the wrong board for that one, ask a Fire Emblem forum or the Ike boards.

nocturne55

Smash Cadet
What are the benefits of SH-air dodging? Just the fact that you're moving while dodging? What are some good examples of a situation where it is preferable?

choice_brawler

Smash Journeyman
i use it mostly as a mindgame, not that often though, for spacing purposes. like lets say i've been shield pressuring this guy for a while. I short hop and move towards him looks like im gonna land in front of him so he plans on punishing whatever i do, i air dodge instead and land so that he is in the range of my dsmash's sweetspot, and im out of grab range. Sometimes they drop their shield but most likely it'll just shield stab their feet.

i also like SK92's shad (at least he was the first i saw to use it in this way) basically jump forward and then when you air dodge move back. so yea its mostly just to reposition yourself, move through spammed projectiles but we have reflector, and mindgamez.

AssaultX

Smash Apprentice
Why does Ike fight for his friends?
Like who made that up and why?
It's been bothering me not knowing...
If you've played FE9 (Path of Radiance) and FE10 (Radiant Dawn), you'd be able to figure that out by yourself. Of course that little piece of dialogue from FE10's Chapter 13, part 3 contradicts everything about "fighting for his friends".

*avoids spoilers*

Luigi_Lova62

Smash Journeyman
Hello, I jus started using wolf 2day and i'm really liking him a lot. Any tips and/or advices on getting better with Wolf?

Side note, I'm planning to get myself a Wii and Brawl for my birthday. So I play brawl at my cousin's house.

nocturne55

Smash Cadet
Hello, I jus started using wolf 2day and i'm really liking him a lot. Any tips and/or advices on getting better with Wolf?

Side note, I'm planning to get myself a Wii and Brawl for my birthday. So I play brawl at my cousin's house.
Read the guide thread, get used to his attacks, maybe watch some good Wolf videos to understand the play style. And if all else fails, bair.

EDIT: Just thought of something. How many grab pummels is safe if you intend to throw your opponent?

Also, what happened to that "wolf back room" guide that was here a while ago? It didn't get baleeted, did it?

Luigi_Lova62

Smash Journeyman
Read the guide thread, get used to his attacks, maybe watch some good Wolf videos to understand the play style. And if all else fails, bair.

EDIT: Just thought of something. How many grab pummels is safe if you intend to throw your opponent?
lol bair. it's a good move though, can't lie.

nocturne55

Smash Cadet
I keep hearing about differences in OoS options. What are Wolf's and how are they useful?

also, again, wtf happened to the back room guide? :confused:

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
^ I tend to shieldgrab mostly. Usmash OoS is good for punishing, as is shield drop fsmash. Fair/bair/nair OoS also work well enough, and shield drop dsmash can get some kills. You might want a second opinion though, I don't make the best use of my OoS options.

The WBR guide is around, and once the WBR members have a bit more time and material it will be updated and bumped. No idea exactly when that will be, though.

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
I'm assuming you mean autocancel fair, as in landing without the lag, correct? To do that, you need to execute the fair almost as soon as you start your short hop (don't fast fall it).

ImALemon

Smash Rookie
sp i just picked up wolf a few days ago and wow.. in thought he seemed horrible but using him just feels natural.
anyways... is wolf a decent camper?
the way im playing him he seems to be.
I blaster and then when they go to hop over it i try and land asweetspot forward b. also hes got the reflector which stops projectiles and is a decent defensive attack.

Are my thoughts on him camping wrong?

nocturne55

Smash Cadet
sp i just picked up wolf a few days ago and wow.. in thought he seemed horrible but using him just feels natural.
anyways... is wolf a decent camper?
the way im playing him he seems to be.
I blaster and then when they go to hop over it i try and land asweetspot forward b. also hes got the reflector which stops projectiles and is a decent defensive attack.

Are my thoughts on him camping wrong?

He can be campy, but it's probably idea to try to side-b as a followup.

Dv8tor

Smash Journeyman
IMO the side B sweet spot is one of the most unsafe and therefore one of the worst moves you can do. It hits for 10% which is good and it surprises but it rarely hits anyone who has ever played against Wolf before. You can use the boost smash to hit them which is more damaging anyway while knocking them out of grab range and potentially hitting them after the air dodge. Use the side B as recovery almost exclusively, that's my advice.

As a Wolf you should be able to switch styles at will and change tactics on your opponent to throw them off guard. One of the best things about Wolf is his amazing all around abilities. He can hit offensively with a long range on the ground and the bair alone makes his air game amazing.

The blaster can camp well, especially with the initial close range hit before the blast but it is not a winning strategy, any good opponent can figure out where the hole is and take down your campiness easily.

=)@MePlz

Smash Apprentice
It's just characters that I love to play. Wolf fits me very well and I like projectile characters so R.O.B. was a natural since Link is so horrible now. Link was my favorite from the original smash and in Melee. I think counter picking characters is idiotic and that people make the character, not the other way around. I completely understand why counter picks are necessary to a lot of people though.
Agree with that. I loved Link's Nair SHFFL.

So your secondary is ROB, right? Same with me. His campy style is a great secondary for Wolf. I need him because he's my D3 counter.

DK is one I keep behind if need of power. He's also my MK counter (85% Usmash KO, anyone?).

But if the match isn't rapetastic (i.e Wolf vs. D3) then I'll use Wolf. That's how bad@** he is.

They all round out themselves.

BIGM1994

Smash Champion
Two questions:

1. What is Wolf's learning curve?

2. Good secondaries for our furry friend? Possibly someone in mid-high tier.

Thanks!
Wolf is learning curve just to play with really isnt that high,but if you want to be really good yes its really high,ive been using wolf for 7months now i think and i could get much better.natrual things that u can learn that will help your wolf would be dacus,shorthop,fastfall,spacing,shieldgrabing(works like a charm),pivot grab-i actually do it with wolf(mr. t rex) and yea,i think i got most..

tekkie

Smash Master
Ideally, how is an item boost done forward? L/R on joystick + some Cstick -> same direction on joystick quickly + Z?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom