• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer Thread, READ BEFORE MAKING NEW THREADS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
Shine cannot gimp... With Fox yes, Wolf's is different.

Reflector doesn't combo, so Ledgehopped Shine->AAA combo will leave you vulnerable.

If you want to Bair a short character then just FF it...

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
Solid, reflector CAN be used for gimps (spacies lol), and has a 4 frame advantage (according to Castor). Try it, reflector > jab is a combo.

:059:

D

Deleted member

Just ask SOLID, resident Wolf traitor.

>.>
LOL, did SOLID ever use Marth/Wolf. I'm pretty sure he used to main Marth at one point though, right? I just don't know if it was a Marth/Wolf combination.

D

Deleted member

So, basically if I use Marth/Wolf eventually I'll stop using Wolf? xD

edit- 300 posts... finally. haha

D

Deleted member

Haha... I mean... I don't plan to. I've put in too much time with Wolf to quit now (even though I still suck). I do like playing with Marth a lot though.

Patinator

Smash Champion
Haha... I mean... I don't plan to. I've put in too much time with Wolf to quit now (even though I still suck). I do like playing with Marth a lot though.
Though I only play CPUs... I have more fun playing Falcon than Wolf... It's hard to admit that. I'm not very into Brawl much, but maybe it's just because I have no one to play with- the rare chance to fight my only human opponent always gets my blood a-pumpin'...

Okay, seriously, somebody answer this guy's question before I go and ****ing post again.

:gheb01:

D

Deleted member

Haha, an answer would be nice.

I also can only play with CPUs/Wifi (ugh)
But... Since I MIGHT go to a tournament eventually.... I still play often.

tekkie

Smash Master
If your opponent is rolling behind you and you're doing nothing, what are other punishing options besides ftilt? (Recently it's been a lot of roll behind a person -> they roll behind me).

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
Pikachu can CG wolf to something in the 40s, I think. And personally, SHAD is only useful for getting behind your opponent and you don't want to use a crossover fair instead. Hasn't it been proven that landing lag is the same either way?

:059:

MidnightAsaph

Smash Lord
Alright,
and I had another question concerning light-stepping. I haven't quite understood how to do it from the guides. Is there a video or a simpler explanation?

nvm

I've got a question!

Can anyone explain how to item boost? I don't get how I should input the controls when throwing left, right or down. I can do an item boost upwards, it's easy, but I don't get how to do it any other way. (By chance, I was able to throw items forward facing right, but I'm not entirely sure how it was done).

MidnightAsaph

Smash Lord
^^^^ Sorry if no one noticed that, but I didn't want to post – I posted anyway.

Can you answer the question? I don't understand the directions for item boosting, the difference between throwing up and left/right/down. Up is easy, it's the other directions I don't get. I've been able to do it on occasion, but I'm not sure how I did it.

mith132

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys i have a quick question. i'm probably going to enter my first tourney soon and i figured that entering with wolf alone may not be the best idea (DDD :( ). So basically I was wondering if kirby would be a decent secondary to enter with. thanks

Sirus109

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys i have a quick question. i'm probably going to enter my first tourney soon and i figured that entering with wolf alone may not be the best idea (DDD :( ). So basically I was wondering if kirby would be a decent secondary to enter with. thanks
ok....i say stick with Wolf

If u know how to approach a DDD then u should b fine...i go against DDD sometimes and even if get caught n a CG its not the end of the world.

Pick the character u feel best comfortable with...if its Wolf then stick with it....u might regret it

mith132

Smash Apprentice
ok....i say stick with Wolf

If u know how to approach a DDD then u should b fine...i go against DDD sometimes and even if get caught n a CG its not the end of the world.

Pick the character u feel best comfortable with...if its Wolf then stick with it....u might regret it
Thanks for the help...I haven't actually played a good DDD, but I just hear everyone on the boards complaining about him lol. I should probably see how I do though.

One more quick question. What do you guys do when your opponent is behind you in close quarters? More specifically, is there anyway to do a turn around jab without preforming a ftilt?

Thanks in advance :)

nocturne55

Smash Cadet
What are some good approach methods with Wolf? nair -> jab (maybe a canceled jab) seems somewhat decent, but I'd like to know any other general attacks.

AssaultX

Smash Apprentice
N-air used to be an effective approach back in the day, now its just plain horrible now that its so vulnerable to a sheild grab. >.<
You can try forcing an approach with laser spam, or short-hop b-air towards them.

mith132

Smash Apprentice
What are some good approach methods with Wolf? nair -> jab (maybe a canceled jab) seems somewhat decent, but I'd like to know any other general attacks.
Generally I just try to make the opponent approach me. If I have to approach, I tend to go with bair>fsmash at low percentages, or a well spaced fair.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom