• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer Thread, READ BEFORE MAKING NEW THREADS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turbo Ether

Smash Master
Yes. Your forward smash is something you NEVER want to use against Snake
False. If Snake touches Wolf's shield with Dtilt, Uptilt, Jab3 or Ftilt2, you get at least a guaranteed Fsmash regardless of his spacing. You can also get an Upsmash if you react fast and are close enough. Fsmash is also amazing for universally punishing landing lag, but it takes a decent amount of precision.

Vorguen

Smash Champion
Yes, F-smash is a good tool for punishing mistakes but you have to be aware that a good Snake will probably be keeping Wolf on the lookout and not vice versa. A good Snake won't D-tilt a Wolf. As Snake, I never do both moves of the F-tilt unless the first connects, and same with the jab. It actually opens up for a grab if the shield stays on long enough. Wolf is one of my favorite secondaries, and I taught myself to never use F-smash on Snake (unless he flat out misses with a laggy move).

Turbo Ether

Smash Master
Yes, F-smash is a good tool for punishing mistakes but you have to be aware that a good Snake will probably be keeping Wolf on the lookout and not vice versa. A good Snake won't D-tilt a Wolf. As Snake, I never do both moves of the F-tilt unless the first connects, and same with the jab. It actually opens up for a grab if the shield stays on long enough. Wolf is one of my favorite secondaries, and I taught myself to never use F-smash on Snake (unless he flat out misses with a laggy move).
I was just stating objective information. Ftilt1 is not safe on block btw. Ftilt1 to anything that isn't Ftilt2 is interruptable for several frames. This is where "mindgames" enter the equation obviously. If I know you will never ever complete Ftilt on block, you will be punished. By at least delaying the Ftilt2 sometimes, you create a scenario in which you can punish the attempted interrupt, resulting in more "mindgames" next time the situation occurs, of course.

Either way, the information I provided in my previous post is still 100% accurate. I simply listed scenarios in which Wolf can land Fsmashes on Snake, a move you stated should never be used against him. Regardless, anyone decent knows not to spam random smashes on Snake's shield at this point.

Dv8tor

Smash Journeyman
So I think it's basic knowledge about using down after side B to semi-scar, but this also applies to up B, you can use this to kick the ledge or sweetspot the ledge before you grab it, does anyone use this effectively?

Dv8tor

Smash Journeyman
If practiced and aimed right it might be a nice change up to Wolf's recovery game, and Wolf needs something to help recovery.

Dv8tor

Smash Journeyman
I try, it's not amazingly easy when the person I play against the most is ridiculous at getting someone off and keeping them off.

Vorguen

Smash Champion
Yeah I wasn't being entirely serious. But there is a reason why Wolf mainers aren't winning tournaments left and right. Wolf is probably Top Tier in gimpability. Seriously I can't think of anyone easier to gimp than maybe Link... lol.

Dv8tor

Smash Journeyman
Wolf is bad at recovery and gimpable, I know that, that's why I try to get as good as I can at recovering effectively

AssaultX

Smash Apprentice
DI is the reason why Ike's D-throw -> Aether never works anymore (not that it works in the first place anyway...). So yea, general idea is to get launched, then DI to survive.

rvkevin

Smash Lord
Boost Smashes have a habit of not coming out when you most need them. lol
=more practice, my buddies Wolf Boost Smashes 99% of the time correctly...just master it alone in training mode and it will be second nature.

ArcPoint

Smash Lord
Whenever I seem to be practicing it out of a match, I always have problems.
But in a real match, I Seem to get it off the majority of the time.

Gao~

Smash Cadet
how can i get rid of my repetitive moveset that i can't seem to let go? i would prefer logical and well thought out answers instead of the one word response please.

Vorguen

Smash Champion
But for the sake of helping you out quick, instead of asking how to improve your "moveset" go to the Falco boards look around for 5 minutes and I bet you will run into a guide. Read the guide, and you will come out a much more informed Falco. ;)

AssaultX

Smash Apprentice
I thought it means that you did it to slow
If you end up with a boost-grab instead of a boost smash, it just means the directional input for the u-smash wasn't read correctly, so the input would be read as dash -> c-stick v -> z, making it a boost grab.

Dv8tor

Smash Journeyman
I find that it's all in the prediction and timing of your opponent. You can boost smash past an opponent and still get both kicks on them to shield poke, you just have to hold the charge for a longer slide. I love the boost smash but it's a surprise move, if you use it and your opponent does any kind of attack then you're likely to get hit as it has to charge and then release on or near them, which is usually close enough to stop your smash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom