• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer Thread, READ BEFORE MAKING NEW THREADS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chileno4Live

Smash Ace
NNID
Xyronith
3DS FC
0731-5336-4808
:o I would like your help really. I just need some pointers on what exactly Spacing is and what you have to do to use spacing. Like Bair is a good spacing move amirite? And how do you use Bair and all that stuff. I need to know that.

kailo34ce

Smash Lord
the best use for bair has to be baiting a grab..ima add ur msn ill tell you some tricks i dont want the wolf boards to know..

ill tell you cuz id hate to deny a nice person knowledge when they want to learn

Sesshomuronay

Smash Lord
Spacing is like maximizing the range of your techniques in order to prevent a counter attack. Like for example ike has a very long range F-air, if he uses it correctly he can hit the opponent with it and be out of range from a lot of counter attacks. Just like practice like hitting the opponent with the tip of wolfs B-air.

AssaultX

Smash Apprentice
Battlefield and Smashville in general. Check the stage discussion thread for a bit more detail on them.

Santi

Smash Lord
Would this be a bad time for me to say how Kailo paid me to post that he was a nasty wolf?

kailo34ce

Smash Lord
:o...runs*

hides*

guys santi is just dojos dupe account!

also he is mad cuz i stole his gf

and i told on him for copying my homework in the 10th grade...

seriously get over it santi

Vorguen

Smash Champion
I wasn't being serious. On an irrelevant note my roomate's name was Santi at UTSA, and he was a drug dealer before he got kicked out of school after 2 months. lol

@Schwaumlalalalalaltuauttutut

You had a pretty rough start there, watch out with the f-smash. Wolf has a very good punishing game and a F-smash is just asking to get punished. Don't give Wolf an excuse to F-smash you either. I wouldn't use your D-smash as much, try to use your tilts more often. I'm not the greatest Marth but what I can tell you is definately not to use laggy moves against Wolf.

Schwaumlaut

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, that 0-95% opening was a great start to my first match against a Wolf ever. >_<

A bunch of the fsmashes, especially on Norfair, are also due to botched platform drops that were supposed to lead to fairs.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
**** guys i need help. I just can't space, any1 have a video with good Wolf that's awesome with spacing? Because i don't precisely know what spacing is. I really need help with this guys :(
spacing is when you hit the foe with the TIP of your attacks. The reason for doing this is to prevent them from shield grabbing or attacking you back(if thier range is smaller than yours).

its hard to learn but once you get it down you will notice you will be hitting ALOT of foes and they cant hit you back. since wolfs bair has next to no lag on it, this move should be the FIRST move you learn to space with

Santi

Smash Lord
Yea I applied to UTSA like 20 years ago

duhhhhhh
:)

me and Kailo are roomates and Xyro is our maid :D

Ich Bin Awesome

Smash Journeyman
Do you guys have a xat chat? I'm trying to make a universal xat room that is tabbed to all individual character xats with each main owner becoming an owner in this room as well.

To do it the main owner has to tab xat.com/Wifi_Room
(Go to "Edit your Chat", type in Wifi_Room, click get, select it, OK)

So far the Link, Mario, Pit, and Pikachu xats are connected.

Ich Bin Awesome

Smash Journeyman
Sorry for the double post, I was warned not to make a new thread regarding this:

Hey everyone-

I'm trying to get a "brawl lobby" set up that connects all the xat chats so people can chat or find matches or w/e (or you can go to it directly at www.xat.com/Wifi_Room No signup or registration is needed). So far 16 xats have the room tabbed in their chats. See this thread for the details:

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=218563

Check it out even if you guys don't want or have a xat. If your boards have an "important links" thread, it would be appreciated if the above thread and site were added. It's might be at least useful for those that want to locate the individual character xats.

Thanks.

Dessie542

Smash Rookie
Hey guys, I had a question about Boost Smashing. I know how to do it and I know what the controls are, but my timing seems off. I can do it about 50% of the times that I attempt to do it, but I want it to be more reliable, Is there anyone out there with any tips on how to do it properly? I read the guide with the explanation, but I just want to see if anyone out there has anything else to say about it =O

Also, do you have to continue holding down on the c-stick while pushing Up+Z to get the desired effect, or can you let go of the C-stick and boost smash in basically two steps

Step 1) Dash attack initiating
Step 2) Letting go and holding Up+Z

ArcPoint

Smash Lord
If you notice, up and Z charge a Usmash, so all you have to think is: Forward + C-stick down + (up and Z)

You have a fairly small time frame to execute the Up and Z after the C-stick down (THe initiating of th edash attack) If you do a dash attack, then you timed it too late, if you did a grab, then you didn't press up and Z at the same time.

Dessie542

Smash Rookie
Alright, thanks buddy. I've been trying to continue holding the c-stick down while pushing up + Z and it was really killer on my index finger XD.

Vorguen

Smash Champion
Sorry for the double post, I was warned not to make a new thread regarding this:

Hey everyone-

I'm trying to get a "brawl lobby" set up that connects all the xat chats so people can chat or find matches or w/e (or you can go to it directly at www.xat.com/Wifi_Room No signup or registration is needed). So far 16 xats have the room tabbed in their chats. See this thread for the details:

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=218563

Check it out even if you guys don't want or have a xat. If your boards have an "important links" thread, it would be appreciated if the above thread and site were added. It's might be at least useful for those that want to locate the individual character xats.

Thanks.

What would be the point of this?

mith132

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys I just got a quick question....is fair>utilt a guaranteed combo at low percents, or can it be DIed out of?

thanks

Vorguen

Smash Champion
I don't use Wolf's U-tilt much to be honest. That sounds like it is easy to shield grab too. Even at low percentages you are probably better off trying to approach with a B-air.

If you Fast Fall a B-air at low percentages it combos into a F-smash. Much better combo.

mith132

Smash Apprentice
Ya i know that I shouldn't use this technique too often...i just think its nice to know because it gives me different ways to approach.

Vorguen

Smash Champion
Or you can camp with lasers and make them approach. :)

Diddy has actual combos with his bananas and dash attack. At low percentages many characters have moves that combo onto each other.

You would be surprised at how many actual combos you can find in Brawl.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom