• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask a simple question, get a simple answer. *Take 2*

IDK

Smash Lord
where can i request a name change from a mod? is 3 characters for my name too short? (IDK)-would be the name.
also, in tourney vids i always see when peach dies falling with her upb they always cancel it and fast fall, and when anyone with a super falling dair is beyond recovery, they do a dair. is this because of some rule saying it is stalling to slowly die or something? like say a GW does an upb and starts floating back to the stage but doesn't make it, they do a key...

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
You have to be a premium member to change your name which is currently disabled.

As for the stalling.. I don't know. Sounds logical however. Personally I do it just to get to the match faster.

Finding Waldo

Smash Apprentice
Grab

I use Marth as well, and I love the c-stick, it is natural to me, you just have to get used to it. Most top players do use it, and also just a Marth tip, you should keep tap jump on to up-b out of shield easily. Also, I set L to grab and kept R as shield, helps me shield grab.
Something I found that also works quite well is using the R+A combo to grab. It seems strange to me to do so, but I have found that it is more effective to Shield Grab.

Frost_Bite

Smash Cadet
question- can someone explain what would be a friendly match vs. a competitive match? like giving a definition of some sort? is friendly like going easy?

Knyaguy

Smash Lord
question- can someone explain what would be a friendly match vs. a competitive match? like giving a definition of some sort? is friendly like going easy?
Friendly is more like relaxed like when you play with your friends. You all know how good each of you are so you don't have to prove anything. While competitive you go all out and do all of your crazy ATs with your best character. You can do crazy ATs with your main in a friendly match but its just for fun but competitve matches you "have" to.

Frost_Bite

Smash Cadet
Friendly is more like relaxed like when you play with your friends. You all know how good each of you are so you don't have to prove anything. While competitive you go all out and do all of your crazy ATs with your best character. You can do crazy ATs with your main in a friendly match but its just for fun but competitve matches you "have" to.
ok thx for making it clear

Wife

Smash Lord
lol don't say friendlies to someone outside of the smash scene. You never realize how gay that **** sounds until you hear it outside of context.

Kind of like Wife . . .

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
Is it possible to do a mortar slide with a Wii-Mote and Nunchuck? And if so, what control scheme would you have to use? Because I can't seem to get it with a default scheme.
I was able to do it with shake smash on, but I never bothered to explore any other method.

Feocart

Smash Apprentice
Though non-Smash related, where did that smiley icon (few users have it as an avatar) originate, what is it called?

Fire!

Smash Champion
NNID
Fire149
3DS FC
2809-9924-8928
Though non-Smash related, where did that smiley icon (few users have it as an avatar) originate, what is it called?

Well your gonna need a picture of the smiley but I think I know what your talking about...

Although I don't know, good luck in your search.

Still didn't answer my question. Maybe if you mentioned na exemple of Smash DI in Brawl? And justified how it saves your ***?
Think Pika's DownSmash or Zelda's Forward and Up Smashes.

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
It's the Awesome Smiley. It originated on 4chan afaik.

Still didn't answer my question. Maybe if you mentioned na exemple of Smash DI in Brawl? And justified how it saves your ***?
Your question was how was it useful. I think I answered quite well. I even showed you a vid where Ken uses it to survive a lot of attacks.

Are you asking how to DO it? I'm not quite sure what you're talking about otherwise....

lionhart99

Smash Rookie
Hello everyone,

Is mastering the true pivot AT for marth necessary for intermediate to advanced play?
I seems impossible to pull off consistently :(

Guilhe

Smash Ace
Nah Terios, I was thinking about examples. The Ken vid is in Melee, so I was looking for something in Brawl. But Fire Mario has already answered my question, thanks anyway.

Sunstar

Smash Apprentice
hey.. i've got a question... don't know, if it belongs here... but maybe some of you know the answer:
lots of members of this forum have there mains in form of snes-like-looking characters in there signature... does anybody know where to get this snes-style characters?
i really like them...

(for example this one:

but without such a background and i want the whole chracter ;) )

Golem the Stern Father

Smash Champion
TyfighterLAND. Location#2: Illinois? Yeah.
hey.. i've got a question... don't know, if it belongs here... but maybe some of you know the answer:
lots of members of this forum have there mains in form of snes-like-looking characters in there signature... does anybody know where to get this snes-style characters?
i really like them...

(for example this one:

but without such a background and i want the whole chracter ;) )
These individual pics can be found on this site: http://abysswolf.deviantart.com/art/Get-Ready-to-BRAWL-Fin-57207197
I bet you're looking for this one...

Top Bottom