• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask a simple question, get a simple answer. *Take 2*

yougo

Smash Rookie
will ''look dumb'' due to the fact...

sorry i was missing a couple a words here

Phantomwake

Smash Journeyman
Yougo

First if you mess something up in a post you can edit it, or even completely change what you wrote. Posting twice in a row is generally not appreciated.

The answer to the tripping question, after much research you can probably find by using the forums search function at the top of the threads, is Tripping randomly happens when you dash

Phantomwake

Smash Journeyman
lol hypocritical double post but now I have a question so I want to acknowledge the new topicness

On huge threads (Official stage discussion) that I did not pay attention to from the beginning and that do not list updates on the first post (in this case for a good reason specified in the first post), What advice can you give as to finding as much of the most relevant information that I can as quickly as possible?

smallmalf

Smash Journeyman
i think someone already asked this question in this post, but i can't find it, so
Where do i go to make banners for my sig

TheSMASHtyke

Smash Journeyman
i think someone already asked this question in this post, but i can't find it, so
Where do i go to make banners for my sig
The Art sub forum. Just go to the main age and scroll down.

Anyway, time for my question.

I seem to be having trouble inplementing any of my grabs when I play. I always just seem to attack out of a sheild instead of grabbing a foe.

Can anyone recomend me ways to implement grabs into my game or point me to a guide?

dark_tp_link

Smash Cadet
Signature

Do I need a certain number of posts to post codes in my signature?:confused:
Thanks,

Fire!

Smash Champion
NNID
Fire149
3DS FC
2809-9924-8928
Yea, you do, I had to post a few times before I could IMG

Uhh lemme think of something ... what's Hyphen Smash? And "SDI"

Smash Directional Influence maybe?:confused:

Smash Ace
Look here for information on why your sig isn't showing up.

I think that Hyphen Smashing is just doing a Usmash out of a dash. Someone will indubitably correct me if I'm wrong.

You're exactly right about SDI. When you're hit with an attack, you can mash the control stick in a direction to "teleport" just a bit in that direction. You have to do it during the freeze frames from that attack. It's useful for escaping combos.

There's another sort called automatic DI, so SDI is used to distinguish the two of them. I made a post on page 2 of this thread (here) with more information on DI.

keeper

Smash Champion
I think that Hyphen Smashing is just doing a Usmash out of a dash. Someone will indubitably correct me if I'm wrong.
This person is right. Most people just call it a dashing up smash though, as they disagree with the name or to make it less confusing.

RoyalBlood

Smash Ace
How can i defeat enemies in cruel Brawl ? i tried with many characters but i always end up dying HELP!!!

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
use a character like pit,kirby and jiggly and jump of the stage. Hover sort of close to the stage and the will jump off. Now go under the stage and they will follow you , keeping going until you reach the other end then repeat.

Link Lord

Smash Journeyman
In a place where people are tortured endlessly and
Alrighty, I'm a Smash newbie, never really played these games before, a totally clean slate. So, with that out of the way, here's a really stupid newbish question: When playing against the CPU in a Vs. match, is there a way to choose who your CPU opponent is (instead of it always being random)? And even if it must be randomized, is there a way to get it so that the character always appears in their default colors? I know it has no effect on gameplay, but I'm OCD enough that it gets a bit absurd to me fighting against a purple Donkey Kong or a Ganondorf with white hair or Mario dressed as Wario or Wario dressed as Luigi, etc., etc.--you get the picture.

Thanks!
When you choose to fight a computer, a gray token will be on the Character Selection screen along with your red/blue/yellow/green token. The gray token always begins on the "Random" space on the bottom-right of the Character Selection screen. To change the computer to a certain character, put your hand(the one used to move your token) over the gray token and press the standard attack button. Your hand should now be holding the token. Bring it over to the character you want to fight and press the standard attack button again. The token is now on the CPU's character to be used in the battle.

If you ever change your mind about the default color thing, as the gray token is in your hand, do whatever you do to change your own color until the CPU is in your desired costume.

Glad to be of service, Rew.

Edit: Crap, already answered.

MiraiGen

Smash Ace
Mmkay, I missed the memo.

What's the "10char" thing? When did it start?

chidZ

Smash Rookie
You need 10 chars to post a reply
Example:

"yes."
=4chars, not enough

So you type 10char and youll mostly have enough chars to post something

Fudd Lee

Smash Rookie
Hey guys. I'm new, and around the forum I've pretty much only seen gameplay discussion with the Gamecube controller. I'm currently using the Wiimote and Nunchuk. Does the Gamecube controller offer more benefits control-wise than the Wiimote?

dark_tp_link

Smash Cadet
Hey guys. I'm new, and around the forum I've pretty much only seen gameplay discussion with the Gamecube controller. I'm currently using the Wiimote and Nunchuk. Does the Gamecube controller offer more benefits control-wise than the Wiimote?

Not really, but some tournaments only let you use GCN controllers or thats what I heard.
If you arn't a competitive smasher, then you should just use whatever controller feels the best.

The only other problem I can think of isn`t about the controls is you ever plan to play brawl for a long time, it drains up a lot of batteries.

pirkid

Smash Lord
what does 10char mean never mind shouldve read above posts
10 char is usually used in a post when someone's post isn't long enough to meet the 10 character rule.

E.G.
"Yes.
10char"

Yes by itself as a post wouldn't meet the rule, so posters put in 10char so that you don't break the rule. It's more of a fad then anything.

How do I disable pausing during Brawls (Vs mode)?
In VS. Options, there is a tab at the bottom next to Item Select, called Addition Options or someother. There is a Pause function there, default ON. Set it to OFF, and your set.

Stop replying to spam with spam.

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
PK-owl and MiraiGen, it is indeed under the more rules section where firemario149 said, but the option only appears after you've unlocked all stages. If the option isn't there, that's more that likely the reason.
This answer is false. I've unlocked all stages. The additional rules menu still isn't there.

smallmalf

Smash Journeyman
as u can see on my sig, my banner is showing a link, but not the pic
How do i show my banner on my sig

MiraiGen

Smash Ace
This answer is false. I've unlocked all stages. The additional rules menu still isn't there.
Try again. I have the option now and it's really great. You can turn off/on all Melee, Brawl, and custom stages.

Make sure you got 75m, as nobody plays DK 20 times in Brawls for 'fun.'

Especially to turn it off.

pwnaj

Smash Rookie
Does anyone know how long you have to wait/how many posts you have to make before you can have a banner signature?

pwnaj

Smash Rookie
^ Thanks.

Does anyone know how to make signature banners? What sort of programs do you need? Or is this question better to ask someone on the art board?

Top Bottom