• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask a simple question, get a simple answer. *Take 2*

Crizthakidd

Smash Champion
i have a question on char. weights. need to find out more to learn why some chars cant be chaingrabbed. anyone know the links? i think m2k made one on char weights/sizes

Jkr4u

Smash Rookie
Hey, sometimes when i play with ic, i try to do chaingrabs but its realy hard :ohwell: Any advice on the grabs P.S. I already know how to dysnc :)

smallmalf

Smash Journeyman
i have two questions

1. i keep hearing people say jiggz and C.F. got nerfed and stuff, wut does nerfed mean?
2. in ssbb, what is a prat fall?

Smash Ace
1. "Nerfed" means "made worse." So when people say that CF got nerfed, they mean that he's worse in Brawl than in Melee.

2. "Pratfall" is a normal English word. It is:

Dictionary.com said:
1. a fall in which one lands on the buttocks, often regarded as comical or humiliating.
2. a humiliating blunder or defeat.
I haven't heard of any special uses in SSBB.

EDIT: Maybe the person was thinking of the item pitfall.

Vaul

Smash Apprentice
Why is Ganon's recovery so bad?
Yea, Ganon's recovery isn't exactly amazing. However, you should still be grateful for him not having a recovery along the lines of Olimar, Ivysaur, Link and Ness. Remember to use SideB when returning to the stage to do the suicide grab. This is great when your a stock ahead or if your opponent has the same number of lives but you have a lot more damage. This will definitely make your opponents more wary of you in the future. And of course, this tactic is not recommended when you are a stock down/ same # of lives left and you have much less damage than your opponent.

Despite the rather 'meh' recovery, things are definitely looking up for Ganon. Here's the thread the Smash Back Room recently made regarding their opinions on Ganon and which tactics are most effective; highly recommended if you have any intentions of using Ganon competitively in the future.

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=170448

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
ok i know that works in a regular match, but in a tournament it doesn't work
Did you try using the C-stick while selecting Samus in the tourney setup?

Is there really any difference between Meteor Smashes and spikes?
Meteor Smashes can be "meteor cancelled," usually by an up-B. Spikes leave you stunned for a bit, making it much more difficult to recover from. Basically, spikes are better than meteor smashes, although both are effective. That's how I see it, anyhow.

Doodx

Smash Journeyman
which moves r considered meteor smashes and which r spikes
im not shure but i think a meteor smash would be falcons dair and a spike would be marths dair sweetspotted
if u try to up b immediatly after falcon dair u it will immediatly stop the momentum but with marth, u cannot immediatly stopped, it actualy depends on your percentage. the more the percentage, the more time it will take untill u can up b out of it.

MiraiGen

Smash Ace
That entirely depends upon the character (or more accurately the attack in question). There should be a list around the forums, a quick search should bring it up.

Crooked Crow

drank from lakes of sorrow
You need to be a premium member. You have to pay for that.

How do you unlock 75m? <_< The stage..

Proverbs

Smash Lord
What's up with the people that have the unique titles like 'Smash Debator' or ' "Starscream..." ' ? How does that happen?

Smash Ace
Premium members can get custom titles (I'm not sure if there are different levels of premium-ness and only some get it, or if they all do).

There are various groups (admins, mods, debaters, back roomers, directors, writers, and so on). Many of these groups get a special title and/or color that their name appears in.

If you want to know details about an individual group, post here. If we can't answer, you can always PM an admin.

I would like to get a list of all of the groups, what they do, and how you join. It would answer a fair number of the questions in this thread.

MiraiGen

Smash Ace
What's up with the people that have the unique titles like 'Smash Debator' or ' "Starscream..." ' ? How does that happen?
Premium membership allows you to change your title.

Getting access to certain rooms allows you to be seen as a member of certain memberships, among them Smash Debater is a SWF member whom can go into the private invite-only Debate hall.

I got mine from getting a premium membership and I never changed it. Problem is getting Prem Memberships is disabled right now, but there's no word yet as to why.

Smash Ace
Who is John?
If your thinking of the phrase "no Johns," it means "no excuses." I believe that it came from a player named John who continually made excuses for his losses.

"No Johns" is commonly used in a joking fashion when the excuse is legit.

Demp

Smash Journeyman
If your thinking of the phrase "no Johns," it means "no excuses." I believe that it came from a player named John who continually made excuses for his losses.

"No Johns" is commonly used in a joking fashion when the excuse is legit.
I inferred that much. But was he somebody famous to make this phrase well known?

Top Bottom