• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask a Qusestion. Get an Answer.

BleachigoZX

Smash Master
To anyone else I didn't mention by name, it's not that you aren't important, it is just that I don't know you all that well. ;)
It's totally alright, I will be taking names next month just you wait :)

Two days ago I've could've beaten ADHD and sent him to losers, but I missed a edge-hog. I would've gotten a little more rep from that...I'm sad.

I play online with falco. So I have no name. The only people from SWF that have actually played me are Kuro, Panix, and Wangston.

Which reminds me I am still a falco name/ removes snake mark from title.

BleachigoZX

Smash Master
I have a small name known only in my state, but nothing big. I might be better with Falco than Keitaro currently is, but I don't want to say anything I might regret. Hopefully at my next tournament I get a another chance to prove myself.

Are you in SD? I think I remember seeing your name there.
I've been in BN, MoC, SD, CB, and LB. And visited a few other places. I've faced a few good people in there that I know of like Coco an IC player, although seems to really like to use Olimar online. I've ranked on the AiB and gotten around 1000-1100 for the spring and winter ladders.

Emperor Time

Smash Lord
Wow, you've been around, son. I happen to be chillin' w/ BN now. Lots of players in my area :D. Who're you with now?
Not a bad score on the ladder. I kind of quit that stuff b/c i kept losing to laggy Diddy's and stuff, but it's still nice to go on and **** random people.

Beta, play gay and campy to the max NO MATTER WHAT. If that fails, you're not playing gay enough.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
What are some tips for playing Falco online? I just can't win as much as I do offline...
It doesn't really matter if you're not winning online really.

Focus on learning matchups and keeping your style up to scratch. The lag will screw you over in many ways, and there's no real point in making a big deal out of adjusting to it.

Use it for general matchup practice, and start getting worried when you're getting owned offline instead.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
I did pretty good at Apex. I'm really bored during the week so I play online...=/
There's no problem with online, just make sure you don't take it too seriously when you lose.

NARUTOG

Smash Cadet
ok thank you show much; needed to know this to improve my CG game
so its like a DAC but instead of pressing up you press back?
P.S. that was a fast reply

NARUTOG

Smash Cadet
also i need help with lasers i can do SHDL easy but the lasers always go over my opponets head any advice?

Emperor Time

Smash Lord
Naruto-Shorthop, quick pause, laser, wait, laser. Make sure you don't wait too long. Your goal is a SHL level laser or silent laser on the second shot.

BZX-Blown. You should said "Bump you, son! I'm heading to Apex!

BleachigoZX

Smash Master
Hey is it me or:

When a Dair hits the "middle"(waist) of a character they stagger and when you hit the lowest possible point (Feet?) you can, they trip?

Wow, you've been around, son. I happen to be chillin' w/ BN now. Lots of players in my area :D. Who're you with now?
Not a bad score on the ladder. I kind of quit that stuff b/c i kept losing to laggy Diddy's and stuff, but it's still nice to go on and **** random people.
I'm currently not with anyone right now. Me and my friend (Link Main)were thinking of starting an online crew. Not exactly sure how it would work out exactly.

Hey is it me or:

When a Dair hits the "middle"(waist) of a character they stagger and when you hit the lowest possible point (Feet?) you can, they trip?
Coincendental observations maybe xD

NARUTOG

Smash Cadet
oh i see thx Emperor Time. I realized when i jump i use lasers right after but i see what you mean by wait like a fraction of a sec.

BleachigoZX

Smash Master
Velox try and test this on Diddy. I swear it's legit. I've been doing it consistantly on a Standing Comp. (Not training mode) and it works. Then I got it to work with my brother a few times (normal brawl).

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Velox try and test this on Diddy. I swear it's legit. I've been doing it consistantly on a Standing Comp. (Not training mode) and it works. Then I got it to work with my brother a few times (normal brawl).
Percentages on which this works and compatibility with laser lock?

BleachigoZX

Smash Master
It starts tripping after 24% (Fresh), but I haven't tried LL'ing.

I seriously think Dair trips on feet contacting with another characters feet. Hitting the Waist/Legs gets some stagger animation.

I'll test it soon, I have a research paper to worry about first... and I'm still in school.

Edit:
To further prove the "Where it connects theory". A Low-angled Ftilt causes some stagger animation when the tip connects. I wish I had a frame by frame/pixel by pixel breakdown of all this.

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
It starts tripping after 24% (Fresh), but I haven't tried LL'ing.

I seriously think Dair trips on feet contacting with another characters feet. Hitting the Waist/Legs gets some stagger animation.

I'll test it soon, I have a research paper to worry about first... and I'm still in school.

Edit:
To further prove the "Where it connects theory". A Low-angled Ftilt causes some stagger animation when the tip connects. I wish I had a frame by frame/pixel by pixel breakdown of all this.
Well if thats true there are 3 areas of dair:

Hitting the top: Will only make the character flinch, causing minor stun, bounces opponents on mid-high percentages

Waist: Bounces, no matter what percentage

Feet: Trip chance from lower-mid percentages

1 move = super many options

BleachigoZX

Smash Master
Well if thats true there are 3 areas of dair:

Hitting the top: Will only make the character flinch, causing minor stun, bounces opponents on mid-high percentages

Waist: They stagger like get on one knee and crouch or something.

Feet: Trip chance from lower-mid percentages

1 move = super many options
Just fixing it a bit.

Couple of general questions.

Does everyone here play super campy with Falco? As in you hardly ever approach?

Also, who thinks Falco makes for a better secondary than a main?
Marth, DK, SNake, and Bowser all have Falco as a decent secondary. And I'm looking up others to see how well they do with Falco.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=215100

Our video Thread as a lot of names of good falcos.

Best, I'm not entirely sure about. I've not kept up with the tournaments really. DEHF and SK92 are the only 2 that I remember specfically for being excellent Falco users.

Apprently according to Kel's thread in the Brawl Discussion, he was told by the japanese players he is playing in japan right now that Rain is regarded as the best player in all of japan and he uses falco.

superglucose

Smash Apprentice
Couple of general questions.

Does everyone here play super campy with Falco? As in you hardly ever approach?

Also, who thinks Falco makes for a better secondary than a main?
Marth, DK, SNake, and Bowser all have Falco as a decent secondary. And I'm looking up others to see how well they do with Falco.
As long as MK is as common as he is in the metagame, falco is a much better main than Marth. Marth's got really bad matchups against MK, Snake, and DeDeDe, three exceedingly common characters that Falco has neutral or better against.

l1striker1l

Smash Cadet
So I am considering picking up falco at least as a secondary. I was wondering which characters falco can and cannot chaingrab? I haven't played against every character with falco so I am not sure.

superglucose

Smash Apprentice
So I am considering picking up falco at least as a secondary. I was wondering which characters falco can and cannot chaingrab? I haven't played against every character with falco so I am not sure.
Falco can chaingrab (to some extent) every noteworthy character. I think the one exception is Marth, and I'm not sure if the Pillar works on marth or not. Marth still gets boned by running usmash after a dthrow though. Plus they have to upb to avoid the changrab and Falco has a great punish game. Just don't let him take you to Lylat or Battlefield (on the neutrals).

Other than that, he chains on MK, Snake, Falco, DDD, GW, Diddy, Wario, Lucario (is it 3? I saw Zex chain three, then pillar twice, then usmash for a 0-70% on several lucarios at UCD Monthlies 2), Pikachu, DK, Ice Climbers (granted the other can break it out), ZSS, TL, Pit, Wolf, Luigi gets out with nair, Bowser, Fox (that one is really weird), Sheik, Ike, Mario, Lucas, Ness, PT (all characters with varrying effectiveness), Link, Ganondorf, and Captain Falcon.

For the most part (Jiggz is the only exception that comes to mind) if you can't chaingrab them you can pillar them.

Denzi

Smash Master
Falco can chaingrab (to some extent) every noteworthy character. I think the one exception is Marth, and I'm not sure if the Pillar works on marth or not. Marth still gets boned by running usmash after a dthrow though. Plus they have to upb to avoid the changrab and Falco has a great punish game. Just don't let him take you to Lylat or Battlefield (on the neutrals).
Actually Falco gets two dthrows and a spike on Marth from 0%, but that's it. Pillaring doesn't work, and Marth can Fair/upB you before you can run in and Usmash. Unless you're at the ledge, running forward and shielding to bait the upB is probably your best bet.

Other than that, he chains on MK, Snake, Falco, DDD, GW, Diddy, Wario, Lucario (is it 3? I saw Zex chain three, then pillar twice, then usmash for a 0-70% on several lucarios at UCD Monthlies 2), Pikachu, DK, Ice Climbers (granted the other can break it out), ZSS, TL, Pit, Wolf, Luigi gets out with nair, Bowser, Fox (that one is really weird), Sheik, Ike, Mario, Lucas, Ness, PT (all characters with varrying effectiveness), Link, Ganondorf, and Captain Falcon.
Lucario should be able to utilt you after the dair but before you regrab when you try to pillar. DON'T TRY TO CG THE IC'S. They can break out and, worst case scenario, you'll get grabbed by them. Not pretty. ZSS can break out with downB. Fox is unspikable after the CG unless he's on the stage (or DIs wrong).

For the most part (Jiggz is the only exception that comes to mind) if you can't chaingrab them you can pillar them.

Don't think you'll get very farr pillaring Jiggz.
^That's all I have to say.

Top Bottom