• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask a Qusestion. Get an Answer.

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
No. The lenght of the dacus is dependant of how well you chain the dash attack and the Usmash.
The faster you chain the inputs, the farther you'll go.

And if you do a standing Usmash while trying to bdacus it just means you're starting the buffer too soon. Try buffering the dash, then the dash attack then the bdacus.

Dark Dire Wolf

Smash Journeyman
No. The lenght of the dacus is dependant of how well you chain the dash attack and the Usmash.
The faster you chain the inputs, the farther you'll go.

And if you do a standing Usmash while trying to bdacus it just means you're starting the buffer too soon. Try buffering the dash, then the dash attack then the bdacus.

Thanks. To confirm, for BDACUS, the inputs are move the analog stick to dash, then let it return to center, then hit c-stick up, and then c-stick up again, correct? I ask this because I only get dash attacks when I hit side or down c-stick while dashing, not up c-stick.

Any tips on how to get better control of DACUS distance? I still do not feel the difference in input speed between long and short DACUS's.

1PokeMastr

Smash Champion
Just have to make the inputs faster

And BDacus is what you said Dash input -> C-Up x2 or Dash Input -> C-Down -> C-Up.
Takes practice to get, so we can't really help much further.

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
To be more precise about the inputs for Bdacus : you don't have to let go the analog stick before inputting the Cstick up*2, you need to let it go before the buffering window (aka the move you're currently doing) ends.

And the difference in short and long dacus is like 2 frames so it's normal you don't feel it lol. Just keep practicing and it'll come with repetition.

I never do anything like that. I merely just attempt to get on the stage without putting myself into the lag near the opponent.

Kasper!

Smash Lord
Playing falco is just too damm fun

P.S does anyone have any tips for the shield drop bdacus timing. Its the only one I cant seem to get down :/

Kasper!

Smash Lord
I usually tap R twice then input bdacus as quickly as I can. I use that method at 3:47 in this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2VRC8GBQnR8 Also, nice to see you Kasper :) You probably dont remember me, but you critiqued a few videos of mine a while ago and it helped my offstage game a ton.

Yh I remember you, that definitely was a long time ago lol. Thanks for the tips

KatanaK7

Smash Rookie
I've searched for anything related to this using the search function, and I couldn't find anything on it. I decided to post it here to ask if this was already known instead of making another topic. No form of DACUS is involved in this. So here goes:

I guess it's a running pivot Up-smash? Dash > turn around > jump > Up-smash. Jump during the sliding animation when turning around during the dash, then input Up-smash 1 frame after jump. The sooner jumped, the longer the slide, up to as long as a normal running Up-smash. The only 2 useful applications I could think of for this are a mix-up for pivot grabbing or hitting with the back end of the Up-smash for horizontal knockback, throwing the DI of your opponent off.

I found it easier to successfully input this setting L to jump. So that would be Dash > control stick flicked in the opposite direction > L > C-stick up.
Apologies if this has already been posted. Would any mind looking into this?

1PokeMastr

Smash Champion
I've searched for anything related to this using the search function, and I couldn't find anything on it. I decided to post it here to ask if this was already known instead of making another topic. No form of DACUS is involved in this. So here goes:

I guess it's a running pivot Up-smash? Dash > turn around > jump > Up-smash. Jump during the sliding animation when turning around during the dash, then input Up-smash 1 frame after jump. The sooner jumped, the longer the slide, up to as long as a normal running Up-smash. The only 2 useful applications I could think of for this are a mix-up for pivot grabbing or hitting with the back end of the Up-smash for horizontal knockback, throwing the DI of your opponent off.

I found it easier to successfully input this setting L to jump. So that would be Dash > control stick flicked in the opposite direction > L > C-stick up.
Apologies if this has already been posted. Would any mind looking into this?
It's just a pivot Usmash, and it works in the situations you said.. though.. I don't see it being good if you run at them and try to hit with the back, but's good foor mixing up pivot grab attempts/ it can be used after d-throw if they di up/ up+toward Falco and airdodge.

Did you all ever figure out what this was?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u60TwxKQL4k
Damage ratio was probably altered, nothing game breaking. The percentages even stayed the same, as well.. on 0.5 damage ratio, getting hit by a move at low percents won't affect the animation.

The only thing reflector has going for it is Falco being invincible when he reflects something.

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
If yo uwatch closely you can see a grenade being reflected before Falco gets hit, so yeah it's just post reflection invincibility.

luxingo

Smash Journeyman
How do you dair a Wario from grab release at the ledge? Drop off, jump to dair, or buffer jump forward to dair, or it does it not matter?

Also, is it true that a frame-perfect boost pivot grab still isn't enough to re-grab Wario after a dthrow at 0%?

1PokeMastr

Smash Champion
Jump forward -> Dair.

And probably, just dash a few frames first, if you buffer a boost pivot grab, you can't even grab Dk/ Snake/ Mario, so I imagine it'd be the same on Wario.

No big deal.

D

Deleted member 189823

Hi. I am new to Falco, and I am willing to learn how to play him well, I sort of lack a solid Top tier character, and I've always sort of liked Falco, gameplay-wise.

- Besides DACUS...what are other ways of killing? I know B-Air can kill moderately well if fresh (should I be using it as a damage racker, by the way?), but U-Air doesn't really seem that good of a killer...
- Regarding DACUS, is D-Throw to B/DACUS garanteed? I've been practicing that alot, and it seems reliable, but I heard you can DI it and avoid it.
- Last for now...how should I laser against shorter characters?

1PokeMastr

Smash Champion
D-Throw -> BDacus isn't, you can Di up and toward Falco to avoid it every single time.

SHL/ SHDL work fine if the second laser is silent for short characters.

Usmash Oos/ Fsmash/ Spike/ Bair/ Uair is a good surprise kill move when they're high up.
Dsmash is good too when used at the ledge.

You can use Bair to wrack up damage too, it's amazing for everything. It punishes cross ups, great for landing, super long lasting hitbox (15 frames) great for gimping and it comes out on frame 4, if Falco's Fair was his Bair and his Bair was still Bair. Falco would be broken.

And don't rely on Dacus/ BDacus for killing.
You'll do terribly.

D

Deleted member 189823

Thanks.

If they DI up and towards me, what angle are they sent so that it doesn't hit?

1PokeMastr

Smash Champion
~70-80 degree angle, basically right above you.
Perfect if you read it and charge a smash.

luxingo

Smash Journeyman
You might find this interesting if you haven't seen it before. Shield DI to dair on Ike's aether (similar to the metagame minute on anti-planking). http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fE8m5dxWxXs#t=53s

Does the shield DI have to be executed by tapping a stick while Falco is in shield hitlag/whatever it's called, or is holding the control stick to the side enough? Is there a better way to doing it?

1PokeMastr

Smash Champion
I just ledge drop invinci bair Ike, it cab be tech'd.. but it's easier.
And you have to do it while in shield hit lag, yes.

Metalbro

ILikePirates
NNID
SwiftJaws
Switch FC
SW-4480-4128-0819
Okay, I can't seem to get the timing down for a bdacus. I SHDL then buffer a Dash attack. After that I just mash the C-Stick up like crazy and it never works. What am I doing wrong? I don't know if i'm doing it too early or too late. I can only do it after a spotdodge.

1PokeMastr

Smash Champion
Okay, I can't seem to get the timing down for a bdacus. I SHDL then buffer a Dash attack. After that I just mash the C-Stick up like crazy and it never works. What am I doing wrong? I don't know if i'm doing it too early or too late. I can only do it after a spotdodge.
You have to input dash + c-stick up up/ down up before Falco hits the ground with the second laser.

Just two inputs, don't spam it. You won't get it immediately, but you'll get it with time be patient with it.

1PokeMastr

Smash Champion
It was too slow for a BDacus, it looked like a frame perfect dacus, which.. puts the Usmash hitbox where the final strong hit of BDacus is.

BDacus is better because it covers a larger area wit his Usmash hitbox.

Ultimate~Anarchy

Smash Rookie
Every time I go for the uair kill, I always get the weak hit and not the strong hit. How do you raise your chances of getting the strong hit of uair? Is it the character placement? Is it spacing? Or is my execution off?

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
It's purely based on spacing.

Credits to Xeylode for the pic.

Lowest hitbox is the weak hit, so yeah you just gotta get the feeling to it. Falco does a backflip it hits higher than you'd think, especially if you do it buffered out of a jump, so aim where your feet aren't yet.

luxingo

Smash Journeyman
Since Falco has such a great double jump, I find that I need to input the uair immediately after the double jump, which I do with Z -> C-stick up (Z set to jump). Going moving the thumb from X or Y to C-stick up or A actually wastes too much time.

Not sure if that helps, but perhaps part of the issue is about the time wasted between the jump and the uair, which impacts spacing, the main issue.

joeyst

Smash Rookie
Sorry, but how do you phantasm and cancel some lag or something with Falco, so you can like up smash out of phantasm immediately?

Top Bottom