• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask a quick question, get a quick answer (The Marth FAQ's)

Ced5000

Smash Cadet
Speaking of olimar whats the BEST way to repel pikmen when they are being thrown at you? I usually F-tilt but it seems a bit slow and I still get hit should I just jab them or maybe even fair?

Foodies

Smash Journeyman
i have a few questions-

whats marths strongest kill move

how do i meteor smash? almost every time i do down air they go up

why does marth look like a girl?

thats all for now :)
Tipper fsmash.
And as P-3 said, you need to tip the dair. You might find it easier to tip with the back of the attack.
Marth looks like a girl because he wears a tiara along with having a metrosexual hairstyle.

Speaking of olimar whats the BEST way to repel pikmen when they are being thrown at you? I usually F-tilt but it seems a bit slow and I still get hit should I just jab them or maybe even fair?
Yeah, jab and fair are both better than ftilt for that purpose.

Cyzs

Smash Cadet
Not a Marth specific question, but is there a quicker way to getting out of grabs?

Is my only option button mashing?

etecoon

Smash Hero
marth's aerials are all good kill moves and his dsmash is good too, utilt, DS, SB, uthrow

really marth has a lot of potential kill moves they're all just circumstantial as ****

Mr-R

Smash Champion
What are some mix-ups for dealing with MK when he glides at you?

Thanks.
Counter, shield, walk away, f smash ( if he doesnt attack and tries to get behind u ) .
i mostly use counter alot since they dont expect it

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
Jab also works really well. It clashes with glide attack and has quick cool down. And it's less punishable than counter/fsmash if they're trying to bait you into attacking them.

ChaosDrifter

Smash Lord
this is a question directed at Mr. R but maybe some other good marths could answer it too?

How do you pull off that db1, ff nair, usmash combo in the air? I've seen you use it out of grab release on MK's and i've only ever been able to pull it off once, i can't even get it often in training mode. Is it actually a combo out of grab release on MK's?

I'm finding grab release to dair spike easier to pull off than this! haha, but that combo just looks so cool

Lord Chair

Smash Master
How do you beat m2k's glide attack?
Impossible.

@Chaosdrifter

It's rarely a legitimate combo, MK can usually uair or even airdodge out of it. At certain percentages it's true when everything is tipped... or something. No one really ever bothers checking it out, point stands that it isn't true.

You do it the way you'd say you do it. SH DB, fastfall nair, usmash/w.eothershiz. Just buffer 'n you should do fine.

ChibixD

Smash Apprentice
this is a question directed at Mr. R but maybe some other good marths could answer it too?

How do you pull off that db1, ff nair, usmash combo in the air? I've seen you use it out of grab release on MK's and i've only ever been able to pull it off once, i can't even get it often in training mode. Is it actually a combo out of grab release on MK's?

I'm finding grab release to dair spike easier to pull off than this! haha, but that combo just looks so cool
Do in this order
Short hop DB1> Nair> fast fall> Upsmash

KoozyK

Smash Ace
okay so what the hell do i do about all of u guys amazing spacing,
im a lucas main and ive been going against my friend who spaces and pivot grabs with marth like a beast.

Blacknight99923

Smash Champion
Marth is one of lucas's worst match ups. You shouldn't be winning.

the best advice I can give is realistically to pick a different character

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
BLM, I was almost going to make that my avatar. But I found a better one.

Minty > Laurel at art.

Nike.

Smash Hero
What beats yoshi's pivot grab? I'm getting caught in it whenever I approach with fair. I'm hoping it's just spacing that I'm messing up on.

dean.

NNID
dean7599
3DS FC
1435-4425-6023
3 fthrows then fsmash, no stutterstep needed. Usmash probably works as well, and iirc dair works. Not sure about nair.

ChibixD

Smash Apprentice
SICK combo video Mr. R, prob greatest brawl combo vid i've seen yet

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1xhXwtH0C4A&feature=recentf for those who haven't seen

how much did you practice/use platform cancelling before it became natural for you to use it so practically in matches?
I trained like 1 hour in trainning mode smashville and it became natural lol.
Don't practice online plataform canceling(PC), do PC to dash, PC to dash, PC to grab, pivot grab, smashs etc, with full hop and midair jump

Rainbow cruise is really good to practice because almost all plataforms you can do this

Lord Chair

Smash Master
Ramin will always (try to) platform cancel whenever he has an opportunity. When you do that for like, 3 months straight, you'll get it down EVENTUALLY.

Don't practice on RC, the platform heights are different from Smashville's. You'll be aiming to perfect it on a good stage rather than on a stage you shouldn't really end up with Marth in the first place.

zer0.

Smash Apprentice
Ramin will always (try to) platform cancel whenever he has an opportunity. When you do that for like, 3 months straight, you'll get it down EVENTUALLY.

Don't practice on RC, the platform heights are different from Smashville's. You'll be aiming to perfect it on a good stage rather than on a stage you shouldn't really end up with Marth in the first place.
RC has large variety of platform heights, if you perfect it on RC you perfected in pretty much everywhere but lylat.

Altres

Smash Apprentice
How do I improve my Marth?

I'm 3rd best on my block. I'm not good at all that techinical stuff, no strategy. The closest thing I get to strategy is: Scare them with an fsmash, obviously they roll/spotdodge, and punish them with dancing blades. Do you think I can get better?Am I on a good start?(I'm 12):(

and what IS a good way to pratcice spacing (Noobs Unite! :D)

Foodies

Smash Journeyman
How do I improve my Marth?
Play people better than you, ask them what you did wrong and fix it. Watch videos of good Marth players, see when they use a certain move and figure out why. Read guides, learn matchups... It's mostly the first suggestion though. And practice. If you post a video of yourself in the critique thread, someone can give you tips (though the thread is a bit dead atm). Posting here and asking is already a good start. :)

and what IS a good way to pratcice spacing (Noobs Unite! :D)
Go to training mode and just practice hitting a CPU that's not moving. Aim to tip every move, of course. After you get that down, set the CPU to something other than attack and do the same thing. Then set the CPU to attack and do the same thing. Finally, do it with actual people.

Top Bottom