• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask a quick question, get a quick answer (The Marth FAQ's)

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
I also like to C-stick down and dash for approach/retreat.
idk, I just love to use C-stick to Platform Cancel.

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
Learn to platform cancel like pros. Hold the stick down and then press the Cstick in any direction. The timing is way easier and allows for easy buffering. And if you miss, you will do an aerial of your choice.
This is how I do it, but I believe Ramin uses block to perform his. When he messes up, it usually comes out as an airdodge.

C.J.

Smash Master
I'm pretty sure he uses c-stick down for normal PCs but uses AD for when he does PC->Platform drop->PC->etc

You see him randomly dair when he's going for a follow-up when he misses the PC but when he's in the middle of doing something super fancy you see an AD.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Platform canceling with Shield is also the easiest way to get grabs as fast as possible.

Jeos

Smash Journeyman
may someone enlighten me with the location of the amazing D3 match up thread?

I can't find it an I'm currently out of ideas on how to deal with that ****ing penguin :(

Fire!

Smash Champion
NNID
Fire149
3DS FC
2809-9924-8928
Without being overly character specific, what are the best counterpick stages for Marth to use and why?

Ayce God

RIP Nova 9
this may or may not be a stupid question..idk. but if tap jump is off can you di upward out of jabs pikachus dsmash etc? or do you have to press up and jump

:phone:

C.J.

Smash Master
If you're being jabbed, hit up and away and mash out a uair.

If you're stuck in upB SDI up a lot. If you're gdlk at it, it's a free tipper dair.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
... or Jacket is active, which is rare, and would also mean you can't do it after an Fthrow.

C.J.

Smash Master
Or you could just do fthrow x2-> fsmash/dair/nair into follow-ups/DB

For guaranteed damage and awesome stage positioning.

But ya know, I guess things that aren't safe on hit are cool too.

/goes to play CF

smashkng

Smash Lord
NNID
Smashsk
3DS FC
0318-7423-9293
Is Fthrow x3 to Dair offstage (out of any of those throws) a true combo on DDD?
Another question: Which is the best way to wall Wario? Should I just let him escape unpunished if he throws something like Bair, Fair or Dair (all very well spaced) on my shield?

Ken Neth

Smash Champion
No it is not.

Edit: I'm an idiot. For some reason, I thought this was the snake q&a lol. My bad. Maybe it is a combo, I wouldn't know.
:phone:

ScareMl

Smash Journeyman
Is Fthrow x3 to Dair offstage (out of any of those throws) a true combo on DDD?
Another question: Which is the best way to wall Wario? Should I just let him escape unpunished if he throws something like Bair, Fair or Dair (all very well spaced) on my shield?
for the second question, wario is a character that needs to commit to damage us. in other words, marth's retreating fair ***** in this MU. if you space properly, it will be extremely difficult for wario to get past a wall of marth retreating fairs. and if he's always coming at you with fair or bair, just jab/f-tilt to anti-air him. and if he's smart, he'll stop jumping at you so much, then you just continue retreating fairs and sh ff fairs to zone him. and if you watch the few vids of mike vs any wario, he catches on to wario's retreating aerials and runs to where they will land and punishes them with grab or db or whatever.

clowsui

Smash Legend
i prefer retreating nair tbh. even slight variances in timing mess wario the hell up if he tries to airdodge through a retreating nair. the hitbox of nair is such that wario has to go to more extreme angles to counter your aerial or take risks to counter hit/punish the lag...in which case then you can easily use fair

Top Bottom