• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask a Question, Get an Answer Thread~[Read Before Asking a Question]

asianaussie

Smash Hero
pika's f-air too

and there aren't many applications for that last hit since the landing lag is significant, you would rather confirm into an actual hit imo

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
All Pikachu and Kirby mostly, kinda odd

I have found the last hit of pikachu's f-air (when full hopped to prevent ending lag) can be comboed randomly into u-smash.It felt weird getting a kill after not z-cancelling)

cmu6eh

Banned via Warnings
In timed matches or rage-quit stock, what is the maximum number of KOs you can get before it resets to zero?

mixa

Banned via Warnings
Could someone clarify what is the input for the reverse ledge DI? I know you can't sweetspot the ledge.

Sangoku

Smash Master
Sangoku, can you do reverse ledge DI by smashing in only one direction?

Or do you need two inputs as you said?

So is reverse ledge DI best (only?) done with slide DI because of more inputs in multiple directions?
Maybe I wasn't clear. You only need one direction. On one frame, you input "right" (if recovering from the left side), then you get the reverse ledge DI. Now the problem is, you need to be at the perfect place for this to happen and you have more chance of reaching this position by simply DIing several times (sliding up and into the stage for example, or simply into).

Also, what I believe is there are several positions from which only one DI input is needed to get the reverse ledge DI. For example if you roll by a ledge (like the Fox and Falcon Punch clip), you only need one diagonal up/into DI input to get the reverse ledge DI. This position cannot be reached while recovering (obviously), that's why when recovering you try to get into another position where DIing into the stage allows you to reverse ledge DI.

I'm not saying that's the truth though, but that's the way I felt it was.
I again have the feeling that a lot of knowledge is spread out on these boards. I need to update my big thread >__>

mixa

Banned via Warnings
Damn, I've been practicing for some time vs Pika's Fsmash since your answer, and I've gotten 1 correct, 200 wrong ones, and like 40 of those dumb, vertical, set-up-for-anything DIs.

But if the statement about you needing to be above the edge to make the reverse ledge DI is true, then that dumb vertical DI is useful when you won't be able to go above the edge (or even reach it), I'm pretty sure I'm getting it from anywhere really. Btw, I tap: Up + Towards + Down insanely to get it. If I just tap Towards + Up, I always die. :c

edit:
Oh wow I'm mastering this ****. I can do the dumb DI with three/two (you can do it in one lol) serene inputs in this situation.
Got 5 in a row. Gotta reallocate that skill into more shines in a row.

Tom Bombadil

Smash Journeyman
Is there a solid, free program to record on my computer? A lot of the screen capture programs I've tried get really few frames and so the recording isn't smooth at all. I realize this has probably been asked a ridiculous amount of times in the past

mixa

Banned via Warnings
^ I've successfully used:

Fraps
Mirillis Action!

Though you might need to break the law to get 60fps / no watermark.

Sangoku

Smash Master
In timed matches or rage-quit stock, what is the maximum number of KOs you can get before it resets to zero?
It doesn't reset, it stays at 999.

It was a long match.

EDIT: I probably misunderstood your question. If your question was not what could be displayed, but really what are the values (if I have 1000 against 999, it will be written 999 for both, but I'll win). So since it's a 4 byte type of value, you have 256^4-1=4,294,967,295 kills possible before resetting.

EDIT2: Lol if you have really high values, you can see a negative number of KO such as -96. It won't dictate who wins though, the real value decides, not the displayed one.

What happens after a few billions of kills. It was a really long fight.

Battlecow

Play to Win
Is there a solid, free program to record on my computer? A lot of the screen capture programs I've tried get really few frames and so the recording isn't smooth at all. I realize this has probably been asked a ridiculous amount of times in the past

Camstudio is free and not terrible once you know how to use it

Remember to record Krecs and then record those rather than rec'ing direct from match

Yobolight

Smash Lord
I am trying to configure my controller for project 64 and the c buttons seem to be effecting the x / y axis instead of being buttons. What should I do?

Barbs Jr

Smash Apprentice
I am trying to configure my controller for project 64 and the c buttons seem to be effecting the x / y axis instead of being buttons. What should I do?
I assume you have the mayflash adapter?

As long as you've calibrated your controller via the windows configure usb game pad program and are using a good input plugin (I use jabos 1.61), you should have no problems.

Yobolight

Smash Lord
How come whenever people join my games they freak out, amd whenever I join a game they turn it to team battle and the game freezes?

Tom Bombadil

Smash Journeyman
How come whenever people join my games they freak out, amd whenever I join a game they turn it to team battle and the game freezes?
Kind of sounds like you're DSing in the menu screen. Does it happen every single time or just a lot?

mixa

Banned via Warnings
So when this happened on the Zenith stream I didn't know what pushed Pika off the stage: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=149kYooe58I&t=4m32s

I think it was the wind because when you roll to the left ledge and the wind is blowing, you fall. But supposing there were (was?) no wind, would Samus still be able to pull that off / did cobr do that on purpose?

The Star King

Smash Hero
So when this happened on the Zenith stream I didn't know what pushed Pika off the stage: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=149kYooe58I&t=4m32s

I think it was the wind because when you roll to the left ledge and the wind is blowing, you fall. But supposing there were no wind, would Samus still be able to pull that off / did cobr do that on purpose?
Dunno if cobr did it on purpose but yes you can do that. If you don't jump it'll be easier I think. Just run past them (which will push them off) and dair.

Sangoku

Smash Master
I thought cobr did that without the wind during the tourney? I have no idea where that could be, but I remember I said it was nice of him in the stream chat.

mixa

Banned via Warnings
(editing everywhere)

The common wall DI doesn't seem to help, it's like DIing Falcon's Dair.

Yeah I knew about the push off dropzone stuff, I wanted to know about the Jump -> Dair, which seems to be really hard to get before Pika edgehogs. I'm pretty sure it's impossible once you are off the stage.

Dropzone dair is a better option.

Sangoku

Smash Master
Yeah it's not possible. Pika falls off when Samus is still on the ground. So Samus either has to use her first jump, which is 3 frames slower than a second jump, either she has to continue running to be offstage and she also wastes some frames.

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
But supposing there were (was?) no wind, would Samus still be able to pull that off / did cobr do that on purpose?
were! WERE! IT'S A CONDITIONAL!

and i did not do that on purpose. my plan was just a dair to reverse bair, i got lucky with the wind. but how random is the wind? every x amount of time or when the players or at x position on the stage? just curious, to see if i could use it to my advantage from now on. probably can't but anything works.

Just run past them (which will push them off) and dair.
isn't there a thread or video dictating who can push who off the stage or against a wall?

The common wall DI doesn't seem to help, it's like DIing Falcon's Dair.
slightly different i think. it's much more difficult to di samus/ness/dk dair because of the vertical trajectory. i find that i can save myself from falcon dair/yoshi fair/dk fair much more often because those are slanted knockback spikes. maybe it's just me though?

also for how many frames is pika vulnerable during the transition from the first part of his upb to the second? cuz i swear sometimes i caught jerry in a dair while he was recovering (or in general, really, i always feel like my SEMI CIRCLE HITBOX catches the ********) but pika was like HAHA NOPE WE OUT

mixa

Banned via Warnings
were! WERE! IT'S A CONDITIONAL!
If it makes you any happier, I had originally written "were", then because it sounded a bit weird, I later added "(was?)" so I could confirm it with someone. So thanks. :D

but how random is the wind? every x amount of time or when the players or at x position on the stage? just curious, to see if i could use it to my advantage from now on. probably can't but anything works.
I'm currently doing a study on stage hazards. I haven't completed DL yet, but from what I've done:

With 15 measurements (1P was at left plat. 2P was near the right ledge the whole time):

Frequency: wind every 34s (average). highest interval: 39s. lowest: 26s.
Direction: dunno yet. (vague) rule of thumb so far is: where the players are.

Wind is stronger on the left since tree isn't in the middle, so:
it can push you off the left plat, the left part of the stage, and the right plat. but it won't at the right part of the stage.

slightly different i think. it's much more difficult to di samus/ness/dk dair because of the vertical trajectory. i find that i can save myself from falcon dair/yoshi fair/dk fair much more often because those are slanted knockback spikes. maybe it's just me though?
Do you mean in general? I meant in that specific case, where Samus would run -> push off Pikachu -> dropzone Dair. My comparison was to that situation when you try to recover from below and Falcon short hops -> Dair. I know from experience that DIing to the wall is useless in that case.

isn't there a thread or video dictating who can push who off the stage or against a wall
Any character can push any character. No weight discrimination in my party game.

- I can't believe those people who argue for pages and pages with multi quotes. this is hell.

late edit:
Sangoku said:
I thought cobr did that without the wind during the tourney? I have no idea where that could be
I remember you saying that on stream, the video I'm talking about is the same one.

The Star King

Smash Hero
Frequency: wind every 34s (average). highest interval: 39s. lowest: 26s.
Direction: dunno yet. (vague) rule of thumb so far is: where the players are.

Yeah it's where the players are. If there's an equal number of players on both sides, it blows on in the direction it's already facing. Only detects players standing on the main stage or side platforms.

- I can't believe those people who argue for pages and pages with multi quotes. this is hell.
Smashboards used to have a much, much better multiquoting system before it got updated.

Sangoku

Smash Master
Any character can push any character. No weight discrimination in my party game.
Not with the same ease. Imagine character A being as close to a wall as possible. Then character B rolls toward the wall. Who get's pushed away from the wall? This tells it (first position means doesn't get pushed):
1- Ness
2- Yoshi
3- Kirby
4- Jiggly
5- Pika
6- Samus
7- Mario
8- Luigi
9- Donkey Kong
10- Captain Falcon
11- Fox
12- Link
From my post in the simple facts that you may not know thread.

Edit: Hmm when looking at pushing off stage a shielding character, it seems different. Either this list is wrong (unlikely since it's not hard to make), or pushing offstage and the against the wall thing are governed by different physics, which doesn't make sense, but is probably the correct solution. I'll try making a push-offstage-while-shielding list one of these days.

SilentShottt

Smash Cadet
Dumb question I'm sure, but can someone please define 'stale move' for me please, and how do I refresh a stale move?

I'm sure I'm getting punished a ton for this

mixa

Banned via Warnings
^ SilentShottt: http://www.smashboards.com/threads/stale-moves-the-exact-numbers.318124/

Imagine character A being as close to a wall as possible. Then character B rolls toward the wall. Who get's pushed away from the wall?
B? At least that's what I get on Sector Z using Kirby, Ness and some other character.
And on Saffron, Yoshi got pushed by Kirby.
And on Saffron, Kirby got pushed by Yoshi. lol

I guess it depends on whether the character is facing the wall. If yes, ... this is so confusing.

Anyway, the point of my original sentence was more practical. So when a character is as close to the edge as possible (rolled to the edge), and another character comes running, the running one will push the one on the edge, enabling a Dair or whatever.
And if you shield brake, you'll be able to push any character with any character. Whether it is with the same speed, with all the 78 combinations, I don't know. But if would be cool to know, in hopes that the low tiers will get the short end of the stick once again.

I just found out that you can't push a character when it is in teetering animation. cool beans.

The Star King

Smash Hero
Edit: Hmm when looking at pushing off stage a shielding character, it seems different. Either this list is wrong (unlikely since it's not hard to make), or pushing offstage and the against the wall thing are governed by different physics, which doesn't make sense, but is probably the correct solution. I'll try making a push-offstage-while-shielding list one of these days.
Maybe it'll solve this:

BTW, I was hoping that list would be the key to a question I had. If you have two characters swaying on an edge, you can taunt-cancel repeatedly (think Dreamland wind).... but only with one of them. My question was, what determined who can do it? Maybe it had to do with the placing on that list. But DK was able to do it with both Captain Falcon and Luigi, so it looks like it's not related (he was unable to do it with Yoshi). The only thing I've figured out is that if both are the same character, port priority (P1>P2>P3>P4) determines who can spam taunt.
Star King: if my list doesn't work, then I don't know. The differences in taunts probably come into play, but I don't see how. Maybe the friction factor also influence, but I thought it was already the parameter for my list.

Fireblaster

Smash Lord
Somebody on a facebook post told me and insists that jigglypuff's non-cancelled dair has the same amount of lag as an lcancelled dair. I tested them out and it doesn't feel like that's true. Is he telling the truth?

clubbadubba

Smash Master
Well a zcancelled dair has zero lag, so pretty sure no. But if you don't zcancel you will pop them up in the air, whereas if you do zcancel the last hit has virtually no knockback/hitstun. So maybe he meant in terms of being able to follow up on they aren't much different? Except I don't even think that is true...

Fireblaster

Smash Lord
Well a zcancelled dair has zero lag, so pretty sure no. But if you don't zcancel you will pop them up in the air, whereas if you do zcancel the last hit has virtually no knockback/hitstun. So maybe he meant in terms of being able to follow up on they aren't much different? Except I don't even think that is true...

We're talking strictly frames of landing lag. I believe it was that all characters have a minimum of 4 frames of lag when Lcancelled and 8 frames of lag when fast fall Lcancelled right? So does jigglypuff's non cancelled dair have more than 4 frames of landing lag? That's all I need to know.

FourStar

Smash Ace
so i've been wondering but what is the difference between the japanese smash 64 and the us smash 64. cuz all i notice is the sound effects are different

Top Bottom