• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask a Question, Get an Answer Thread~[Read Before Asking a Question]

FourStar

Smash Ace
thanks. oh and another thing. where do i find the japanese tier list for 64? i can't find it anywhere

Sangoku

Smash Master
King Funk who went there came back with their tier list. Maybe I wrote it in some old post? I might dig into it some day if I feel really bored.

edit: nah I won't. Smashboards search option amazes me everytime I forget how ****ty it is. **** it.

clubbadubba

Smash Master
yea you have to use google, search for what you want and add the term smashboards at the end. I gave a brief search but it wasn't in his blog post anywhere and I don't remember enough key words to make it work. I do remember this list existing though.

Sangoku

Smash Master
Thanks clubba, that really helped.

Japanese smash tier list according to him (I mean he said that was their tier list):

Pikachu
Kirby
Falcon
Fox
Jigglypuff
Ness
Link
Mario
Samus
Yoshi
Luigi
DK

FourStar

Smash Ace

Japanese smash tier list according to him (I mean he said that was their tier list):

Pikachu
Kirby
Falcon
Fox
Jigglypuff
Ness
Link
Mario
Samus
Yoshi
Luigi
DK
thank you! and yeah i have the japanese version and this perfectly fits the metagame. yeah now i think about it kirby and pikachu are very close in the *** version so it is weird for me to play the american version

Olikus

Smash Champion

Pikachu
Kirby
Falcon
Fox
Jigglypuff
Ness
Link
Mario
Samus
Yoshi
Luigi
DK
Its very arrogant of me to say, but im positive some of those spots are wrong.

clubbadubba

Smash Master
it is interesting that two of their best players ever (jousuke and red) mained characters that remain so low on the list.

Tom Bombadil

Smash Journeyman
That Yoshi placement. This is from the index:
Yoshi
  • First jump is slightly higher
  • Slower horizontal air movement
  • D-Smash is 1% weaker
  • Can do special Japanese turning slide
Doesn't seem super different. I wonder why he's so low.
I've also always wondered why DK is so high in our tier list. Why does no one play him if he isn't bottom tier?

Kefit

Smash Journeyman
That Yoshi placement. This is from the index:
Yoshi
  • First jump is slightly higher
  • Slower horizontal air movement
  • D-Smash is 1% weaker
  • Can do special Japanese turning slide
Doesn't seem super different. I wonder why he's so low.
I've also always wondered why DK is so high in our tier list. Why does no one play him if he isn't bottom tier?
Slower horizontal air movement is a pretty big deal. It's one of the big reasons that we consider Mario a higher mid and Luigi a dismal low.

I think DK is rarely played because his platform drop loops are important to his success and they require some pretty advanced tech. I definitely think he's solidly mid tier, at least on Dreamland. I dunno why the Japanese rate him so low, but that doesn't mean they don't respect him or enjoy using him - Ruoka had a pretty savage DK at Apex, after all.

Karajan

Banned via Warnings
with dk just do get up attack at less than 100% then up-b your way back to the ledge and repeat

Barbs Jr

Smash Apprentice
I'm having trouble implementing my DI. Currently I just attempt slide DI by not altering my hand position or anything. I've seen **** di and it looks like too much changing of hand position to fluidly transition between DI'ing and playing (if i do **** DI out of a drill then there's no way I can punish, it's too slow to transition). So does anyone have any solutions?

clubbadubba

Smash Master
I use **** DI, and I'm not sure what you mean by altering the hand position. I normally hold the middle prong with my left hand, thumb on joystick and index finger on Z. Then I hold the right prong with my right hand, thumb on all the buttons and index finger on R. When I do **** DI, I simply hold the joystick either left or right with my left thumb, and then **** it real smooth and sexy with my right hand. My right hands position relative to the controller doesn't actually change, it just drags the controller along wherever it goes. It shouldn't be THAT big of an adjustment to be ready to punish.

That said, I suppose if it really gives you trouble you can try smash DI left and right by repeatedly rotating your wrist in the direction you want to smash

Barbs Jr

Smash Apprentice
I use **** DI, and I'm not sure what you mean by altering the hand position. I normally hold the middle prong with my left hand, thumb on joystick and index finger on Z. Then I hold the right prong with my right hand, thumb on all the buttons and index finger on R. When I do **** DI, I simply hold the joystick either left or right with my left thumb, and then **** it real smooth and sexy with my right hand. My right hands position relative to the controller doesn't actually change, it just drags the controller along wherever it goes. It shouldn't be THAT big of an adjustment to be ready to punish.

That said, I suppose if it really gives you trouble you can try smash DI left and right by repeatedly rotating your wrist in the direction you want to smash
Hmm. I'll give it another try. Do you take your left hand's index finger off the z button, out of curiosity?

clubbadubba

Smash Master
No I don't think so. In fact, I'm usually mashing Z during the whole process in case I have to tech.

JosephZander

Smash Cadet
I need help...

I've been a casual smash player for years and recently, a few months ago, stumbled upon this site. I was amazed at how much more there was to learn. So I read through just about every post that had anything to do with technique, strategy etc. and began practicing all of the basics. While I can do most of the advanced techniques pretty well, I still have trouble winning matches against my friends on console and random people online. I play every night online and I'm always being beaten to the point where I don't think I'm actually learning anything. I was wondering if someone who knows what they're doing wanted to play with me and help me correct my mistakes and improve my game. Almost tutor me. I would greatly appreciate it. I have p2p set up and working too to make it easier. Let me know if you'd be interested in helping me.

clubbadubba

Smash Master
Well I'm pretty sporadic, but if I do get on its after 5 or 6 on weekdays as late as like 12, and whenever on weekends.

If you wanna set something up you can pm me.

Cowboy64

Smash Rookie
Hi! I'm brand new to these forums! So I guess, is there like an introduction thread or something?

Top Bottom