• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask a Question, Get an Answer Thread~[Read Before Asking a Question]

clubbadubba

Smash Master
It was just the spike hit, and I really don't think he was even close to having time to jump.

@Fireblaster, that makes sense I suppose, though I'd still like Sangoku's stamp of approval. Still wondering if its DIable.

mixa

Banned via Warnings
I don't know, I save stated a Ness coming down and a Link at a dash atk range of the edge. Link at 50%
I dash attacked with Link as far out as I could and immediately Dair'd with Ness and he didn't go down. In 3 situations: Ness being aligned with the edge, slightly off, slightly in.

I'm pretty sure in this scenario I described, the only way to go down the hole is if you DI incorrectly, no DI resulted in Link popping up.

But if I Nair instead, Link will hit the ledge and be thrown away from the stage.

ugh, Idk.

Boom's comment is good. But I stay on when I input UP, but anything other than up will make Link fall.
And it's good to notice that Link is teetering after the DA anyway, any outward DI is likely to cause him to fall.

mixa

Banned via Warnings
No, I think it's a property of all those attacks that will leave you teetering.
What Boom said + my correction works for Kirby's Fsmash and Puff's Fsmash for instance. (similarities with atks that can be taunt canceled?)

I think we all knew this from experience, but I tested out and Link's DA is the only DA to leave the character teetering when at the edge.

Roboplodicus

Smash Cadet
I'm having some trouble with my raphnet adapter and project 64 when I set the R button to the R button on my gamecube controller it's picks up the signal and calls it "gamepad: slider 1-" but when I try to set the Z button to the L button on my gamecube controller it comes up as either "gamepad: Z-Rotation +" or "gamepad: Z-Rotation -". and when I try to play games it's like the z button is always being held down does anyone know why this is happening?

The Star King

Smash Hero
why am I always late

I mean by holding back down forward or a Star King correction: Z and R during those moves you can buffer a ledge cancel and fall off the edge once the move finishes. Letting go puts you in the teetering
yeah its puff kirby fsmash/link dash attack and luigi dash grab.

its in the google doc of the compiled techs

woops double post

I also must say the luigi's dash grab putting you into the teetering animation amuses me
So boomfan is not completely correct - up will do nothing. Basically it's anything you can hold that starts an animation - the animation will cause you to fall. Maybe that means a frame perfect, say, A button, can cause you to fall (since you can't just hold the A button, or nothing will happen)?

MrMarbles

Smash Lord
been noticing alot of people online recently have been using a new emulator called like pj64 STABLE version or something along those lines. whats the deal with it? should we all be downloading that now or is it just a waste

clubbadubba

Smash Master
i used it and seemed to get less lag on the galaxy backup than before. I have both now and since a number of people are using it people should just have it so you can play everyone

Sangoku

Smash Master
I've had the same thing since I started playing on emulator. On all my computers with all my emulators. I don't think it is that disturbing though, is it?

Yobolight

Smash Lord
A long time ago I stopped rolling because "rolling is for newbs" but I see some top players like Isai using the option sparingly to great effect.

Can someone inform of what situations you "should roll" and when rolling is actually a good idea?

Fireblaster

Smash Lord
A long time ago I stopped rolling because "rolling is for newbs" but I see some top players like Isai using the option sparingly to great effect.

Can someone inform of what situations you "should roll" and when rolling is actually a good idea?

You roll when it is the most unpredictable move you have. If your opponent has you on lock down and he has been shutting down every single of your escape options, sometimes a last minute roll is all you need to escape.

clubbadubba

Smash Master
The MATTS! roll: Roll towards your opponent and immediately utilt. Works best with kirby, but I've also used it effectively with ness.

The LD roll: From the edge of the stage, dash inwards and immediately roll back to the edge, confuses the hell out of people for some reason (me included)

More commonly though, what fireblaster. Its all about being unpredictable. Noobs tend to only ever roll, which makes it very predictable and thus extremely easy to punish. If you only roll once in a while it can catch your opponent off-guard and it won't be so easy for them to punish.

OnlyMatthew

Smash Rookie
Can anyone help me with lag problems on Kaillera?

I usually have really good ping... when I play CS or other games my ping is around 20-30 and doesn't give me any issues. Even my appearing "ping" is quite low on Kaillera, but I still get a lot of ping spikes (around 10-20 a match probably, which is too much). I ping spoof at around 45, which I'm not even sure helps or not, but don't know if there are any other options.

For context, I'm using an HP Pavilion dv6, my ISP is Rogers (I live in Ontario in Canada) and I have problems on both a wireless and wired connection.

B Link

Smash Lord
You mean lag spikes right? Try using a desktop computer. Also, I'm on Rogers too -- sometimes I have days where I lag for no reason. It might be the ISP. Even some of my Toronto friends get lag on the same day as I do LOL

Vale

Smash Ace
can somebody explain to me the frame data on kirby's rock attack? every time i play against my dad i hit him out of rock at least once after it looks like he has transformed into the block. specific frames for transformation time, when falling starts, and when you get invincibility would be appreciated. i couldn't really find a "frame data" thread in general when searching, so I guess I could use a link to that too (although, to my understanding, not everything is complete, similar to the hitbox project).

Sangoku

Smash Master
Yeah there's no such frame data. It could be kinda analyzed the hard way (ie really looking what happens frame by frame). However I doubt I'd do it for an almost useless move such as Kirby's down b, sorry.

mixa

Banned via Warnings
^ DK's punch deals 36, you can go from there.

Is there anyway to get random characters online?

I know that if you get a CP, it won't cause DS but the CP character will most likely be different for each player.
Is there a way to get a RNG (http://www.random.org/) so that both parties can see?

Battlecow

Play to Win
No attacks, but if you utilt with kirby or djc with ness a bunch of times, for example, you can break the rock with multiple moves

mixa

Banned via Warnings
How can I play with only one character on screen?

I've tried the Ricky method (on emulator), and it didn't work.

When both players already choose their characters, and "Ready to fight" are showed, You have to remove the another player controller.
And you have to press "Start" before the other player dissapear.
In the exact moment.
Choose the stage and "1P Free For All".

Sangoku

Smash Master
Nevermind. Other people can respond to the comments I guess
Lol? I'm saying I don't think what you say is right as a player. What does it have to do with moderation? You think I'll infract you because I disagree with you? Can you show me an example of me doing this? I'm genuinely asking, I'm quite new as a mod and I don't want to do my job too badly. If bloodpeach could help by showing some evidence as well, I'd be grateful.

asianaussie

Smash Hero
keep it up and you might be in a comic soon

also, i saw necrotising fasciitis the other day

gross as ****, and to make it worse i thought the vac dressing was necrosed tissue

;_;

Top Bottom