• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask a Question, Get an Answer Thread~[Read Before Asking a Question]

riick

Smash Rookie
Sheesh that was quick. Thanks fellas.

Can't justify buying a PC just for PJ64k, but who knows. Maybe someday, when you're all in a retirement center and I'd stand a fighting chance...

Can anyone tell me if there is a way to get the Project 64k emu to work on my macbook pro?
I can attest that this is a definite NO. I've tried everything: CrossOver, VMware Fusion, Parallels, even straight booting to Windows via BootCamp. Even if Windows installs correctly, your MacBook's gnu and cpu won't comply with Project64k. Mac hardware can run Windows, but that doesn't mean it should. :( I've tried multiple times, on every major OSX release since Leopard. No go, brotha. I'm keeping my eyes open for any friends with an old PC *specifically* for running PJ64k and *finally* starting to play online.

Try Googling "sixtyforce"—it's a very simple and consistent N64 emulator that runs on Mac. Get a few of these bad boys and have some fun. Me and my buds prefer playing on my 27" cinema display since it runs SSB even better than console (for example, 4 player mode doesn't slow down gameplay).

Save yourself the headache(s)—no SSB online gameplay for Mac.

M!nt

Smash Champion
You must be doing something wrong because virtualization software should be able to use it no problem.

KnitePhox

Smash Lord
ive played ssb via pj64kve on a macbook pro via parallel win7 booting, worked fine for my buddy, used a ps3 controller when ds3 tool was pain in the *** too. this was about a year ago though

use glide/rice vid plugins?

Deadjayman

Smash Cadet
Can I get some technical help with setting up online Smash 64 on a windows 7?

I downloaded this...

... from the Smash 64 Index sticky but I run into a lot of error messages and graphical/sound issues.

I used to play Smash 64 4 years ago on my old Windows XP and I even got (and still have) a N64 controller-usb adapter too so I'd like to get back in on some online 64 again.

M!nt

Smash Champion
Go to to settings and pick the jabo 3d8 plugin and the azimers plugin. if you cant see any plugins, go to directories and set the plugin location to the plugins folder inside the folder of the emulator.

I think we shouldnt really use this. there are too many plugins and people getting more errors.

The Star King

Smash Hero
^I agree. I gotta bunch of errors for plugins that wouldn't load when I downloaded so I had to delete a bunch of them

rpgfighter

Smash Journeyman
Who are THE Fox players who's matches I should be watching to learn how to properly use the character? Please and thank you.

Throwing in Kirby would help too please :)

ballin4life

Smash Hero
Who are THE Fox players who's matches I should be watching to learn how to properly use the character? Please and thank you.

Throwing in Kirby would help too please :)
People are going to say Isai obviously ...

I've learned stuff from those old maltfox videos too

I wouldn't say either of them are "standard" fox players though - they both play pretty crazy.

Here's the basic fox style: PEWPEW PEWPEW PEWPEW PEWPEW

B Link

Smash Lord
What's the delay difference (when playing ssb on console) between plasma/lcd widescreen televisions and tube televisions? Are there any other differences other than delay?

clubbadubba

Smash Master
so i'm having this issue where i can't really log into galaxy, westwonderland, or any other server, despite my internet being fine (i'm writing this post now no problem). Tested lots of servers so I know its not their fault. I expect the problem will be fixed by tomorrow, but anyone know any fixes to this should it arise again?

Update: So I tested ping to the servers, and every single one gives me 1014 ms, even though when I ping google.com through command prompt it gives me 19ms with no packets lost, WTF? Btw I was able to log on to galaxy once, but then when I tried to create a game it kind of froze and became unresponsive so I left.

Timotheus

Smash Journeyman
Don't forget to name Alvin. He has a cool Fox. Especially against Pika and Falcon. And he doesn't spam lasers at all.

Sangoku

Smash Master
Did you play Fox against me? I would have liked to see this beautiful ballet performer. Oh in fact you did, but I guess I can't really appreciate a good Fox when I play them. I'd have to watch vids of them.

:phone:

Sangoku

Smash Master
The implicit message of my previous post was: IF YOU CAN'T PLAY IN GOOD CONDITION (IE NO LAG) RECORD SOME ****ING VIDS OF YOU :mad::mad::mad:.

Seriously though, we really need some vids of you playing lol. And more vids of everybody in general.

Sangoku

Smash Master
Send me the KRECs then :). Talking about recording I finally understood why my laptop can't run Fraps. Optimus choose not to use the NVidia GPU. And for some strange reason, I can't set it manually to use the NVidia. Anyone knows why?

KnitePhox

Smash Lord
Can I get some technical help with setting up online Smash 64 on a windows 7?

I downloaded this...

... from the Smash 64 Index sticky but I run into a lot of error messages and graphical/sound issues.

I used to play Smash 64 4 years ago on my old Windows XP and I even got (and still have) a N64 controller-usb adapter too so I'd like to get back in on some online 64 again.
PM me if you want some direct help via skype when i have some free time(i can talk to you and you can screen share to make things 1000000x faster/text chat[lol])

http://www.mediafire.com/?ljqbabvmkhxdxqc

an all business, 0 fluff .zip upload(only 1.98mb VS that GIGANTIC 8.58mb one in the index...wut) with ONLY 3 PLUGINS, 1 exe file (0 confusion and seriously, who uses the NON-k .exe...), and no extra .cht files.

audio plugin--> Azimer's Audio v0.30 (Old Driver)---it's the one that pj64k auto loads during online play, rendering all other audio plugins utterly useless for online play(IMO)

controller plugin--> N-Rage`s Direct-Input8 V2 1.83---it's the latest stable release of all the Nrage Plugins. SOURCE(N-Rage`s Domain)--> [Check the "Progress" and "Downloads" links]http://members.chello.at/~n-rage/dinput8/index.html

raw data off/no pak inserted on all 4 controller ports, 80/4 range/deadzone parameters preset. i don't know if they will show up on other systems yet because when testing on my machine i believe that nrage loads last used .ini wether or not it's in the same folder

only plugin i am iffy about for this DL...
video plugin--> Jabo's Direct3D8 1.6--this was more of a personal pick than a knowledge based one...i have tried this plugin on old garbage compaq laptops to launching pj64k through linux and on mac, winxp, winvista(32 and 64), and win7(32 and 64) on a total rough estimate of ~12 different computers and it has yet to fail me once.

glide or rice might be better though, not sure, but this one is hella smaller byte-wise.

the cheat file consists of solely smash64 cheats for USA and Japanese versions.

owna's latest kaillera client release as well, with only latest galaxy and west wonderland servers pre-saved.

EDIT: i claim that none of what i post is definitive and can be debunked/corrected at any time, i only intend to help those who have less experience.

Pooncahontas

Smash Apprentice
Question:

To do a tele (with Jiggs, Fox, Sam), do you need to run > press back > SH > aerial or w/e ?
or is it not necessary to SH?

Can you run > press back > usmash, etc. ?

:cool:

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
it does not need to be a short hop, just a jump of any kind. to teleport you must run, press backwards immediately while running, then 3 frames later jump. if you want to upsmash, you still need to press the jump button, but then cancel the jump with the upsmash. ie: attack after you press jump but before you leave the ground.

so input is: run > back on joystick > jump > cancel with upsmash (optional)

Sangoku

Smash Master
Hmm in addition to what ciaza said, I'd like to precise that jumping doesn't mean a c-button jump. You can indeed stick jump, therefore you don't need to "jump first" before performing a teleport usmash. You just input back, then usmash, since a usmash in itself is a jump cancelled into a usmash by pressing a (well I guess we can put it this way).

Olikus

Smash Champion
anyone using Nrage and could tell me whats playable with deadzone and threshold?

Just calibre on a new comp, and my treshold is really bad, and I move weird.

Edit: i do remember that deadzone should be between 0 and 20 right? but no matter how far up and down i move threshold, i cant dash or fsmash. 80 was the worst though because then i coudnt even jump lol.

KnitePhox

Smash Lord
Deadzone is when the stick angle starts to be read, and range is when it stops being read.

Having a high start number is terrible! The goal is low, but comfortable deadzone, and high, but comfortable range.

SuPeRbOoM

Smash Master
anyone using Nrage and could tell me whats playable with deadzone and threshold?

Just calibre on a new comp, and my treshold is really bad, and I move weird.

Edit: i do remember that deadzone should be between 0 and 20 right? but no matter how far up and down i move threshold, i cant dash or fsmash. 80 was the worst though because then i coudnt even jump lol.
im assuming you're using n64 adapter.

for the boom adapter it's 1 deadzone, 75 range, uhhh threshold doesn't matter so leave it at 80.

Olikus

Smash Champion
yeah Im having N64. I found out that it was the stick range actually. Couldnt dash or fsmash at 84 so needed it at 92.

Thanks for all the help.

Sangoku

Smash Master
Yes, it was Semp. It's for analog buttons (like the Gamecube's triggers I think), to determine how far you need to push the button to have it registered.

Olikus

Smash Champion
maybe thats why I coudnt jump when I had really high threshold. Cus then I needed to mash or press super hard for it to get registered? Its probably unlikely but threshold has something to say I think.

Sangoku

Smash Master
Yeah it could have been, but in fact I don't think so. I don't think the buttons of the 64 controller are analog buttons, as in they don't have multiple values corresponding to how far they are pressed (ie button press is discrete and not continuous). By the way, you mean you had problems with your buttons or joystick?

Top Bottom