• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask a Question, Get an Answer Thread~[Read Before Asking a Question]

Sempiternity

Smash Lord
I'd be careful; it looks neat, but it's really of no practical use because it's so dangerous, and a d-tilt or d-smash will piss on your parade.

clubbadubba

Smash Master
its all about pikachu ledge camping with repeated up-b's to the ledge. Then they come over and BOOM hit em hard with the get up attack. Deals 6% damage if its not stale, and we all know after that the game is pretty much won.

The Star King

Smash Hero
I saw some Youtube comment where somebody had different names for the initial frames of hitstun where you can DI and the rest of hitstun. He called the DI frames "hitstop". I've always wanted a way to distinguish between the two so I might start using that now.

Not really a question but this thread feels more appropriate for discussing SMASH INFORMATION than the Social Thread

The Star King

Smash Hero
Never heard that but I guess that makes sense

Not any more efficient than the "DI frames" I've been using tho

insertcreativename

Smash Rookie
my kaillera keeps saying 0 servers found when i go online to play. i tried removing it, and installing another version, and i even did that again when that 1 didnt work. its weird though, because i had online play at first..but then it kindve went away and i havent been able to get it back. i read that im supposed to check the rom directory to fix this..and i think i did, although im not quite sure what that meant. when i went to go to the rom directory, i couldnt find the program listed in any of the windows to click on. its very frustrating, ive spent over a couple hours trying to calibrate my controller, and all this and set it all up what not, and i think i finally got it, except now..i cant get back online or play on the servers, where it matters. can anyone give me any advice? googling this answer was completely useless

M!nt

Smash Champion
When you say 0 servers found do you mean there's no servers n the list?
It wont just let you add a server?
You should have all your roms in a folder and have that folder specified in Otions->Settings->Directories->Rom Directory, after you have the roms push File->Refresh Rom List.
The roms shouldn't have anything to do with joining the server though ?

insertcreativename

Smash Rookie
alright, so that problem seemed to work out..and now theres a new problem. it wont recognize my adaptoid, and says there isnt one installed, even though i clearly just watched it install. also, it wont let me start an emulation on my own, and when i go online now, it'll let me start a smashbros game (where you wait for someone to join), but it wont let me open the screen with the actual game. making me believe, i dont have the rom actually downloaded for smashbros, despite it showing up on the rom choices. and another weird thing..is when i try to download the smashbros rom (previous attempts), it wouldnt let me do it for some reason, claiming i didnt have the right software, or something...
which, i also dont understand why its showing up then in my rom directory

M!nt

Smash Champion
What does it do when you press start while hosting the game?

Also lol careful where you get the rom, cant tell you where, but you shouldn't have to install anything and it should be Super Smash Bros. (U) [!].z64

Sempiternity

Smash Lord
oh boy

you must be new to the internet

do you or do you not have the ROM? look for a 16MB file named Super Smash Bros. (U) [!].z64

if you don't have it (sounds like the case), Google it. if you get weird messages like you described, the site you on ain't legit. try a new one. can't actually tell you how, but if you've gotten this far (i.e. found a computer, connected to the internet, and managed to create an account on an online forum), you can most certainly find the ROM.

to recognize your adaptoid (how the flying **** did you manage to acquire an adaptoid if you don't know whether you have the ROM????), just select an NRage plugin on your emulator and map the buttons

Sempiternity

Smash Lord
i guess they've just been unavailable for years and i figured he'd have used it by now

there's also an adaptoid plugin that the INDEX emulator should have. probably should use that

Sempiternity

Smash Lord
Question: does your opponent need to be on the ground for a DK down+B to connect?

Just wondering if combos involving Dair>down+B or whatever connect or if it's a dummy bounce/techable.

I assume it's a legitimate combo, but just difficult to time since the hitboxes are barely above the ground.

Reference

TANK64

Smash Lord
Yea, pretty sure I've tested this, but I'm 99.9% sure it's like a Jiggly upB thing. So only on the ground, making that a dummy bounce unfortunately :/ .

@SK, yea "DI frames" works.

/late

The Star King

Smash Hero
Yeah that was HAMMERHEART's joke when he said in his DK guide that it can be used as a "spotterdodger"

SSBPete

Smash Lord
^Did you read his question? lol

I think it can only hit people on the ground Semp
not really lol

but yeah you're right, i don't think you can hit them in the air

just tested it. i hit falcon onto the plant on mk and couldn't down-b him as he was rising (or falling) through the attack. he had to bounce off the ground before the attack connected

:phone:

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
when you ledgehop but don't move horizontally you re-grab the ledge right? is it just me or for some reason does link NOT re-grab the ledge when doing this on congo jungle/zebes, but instead lands on the stage?

might be an emulator/controller issue i'm not sure, but does anyone know why this happens?

i figure it's due to the nature of the bottom part of the stage somehow, as they are the two stages that allow you to rise above them from below.

asianaussie

Smash Hero
i just tested it, and im regrabbing the ledge properly with 20%, 60% and 100% control stick range on both zebes and kongo, using 'away + tap up', 'down + tap up', 'away + c-button', 'down + c-button'

i think it's just your controller

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
i just tested it, and im regrabbing the ledge properly with 20%, 60% and 100% control stick range on both zebes and kongo, using 'away + tap up', 'down + tap up', 'away + c-button', 'down + c-button'

i think it's just your controller
are you sure you're doing it fast enough to get the required height? i tried it using both keyboard and my controller

asianaussie

Smash Hero
i don't know why you would expose yourself above the ledge just to grab the ledge again

and yes im jumping as soon as i let go, probably within first few frames

hell, it even looks like DK's going to land on the stage, but he doesn't

insertcreativename

Smash Rookie
okay, so i got everything to work out...internet, everythings fine...except, the rom wont recognize the c buttons on my n64 controller, and i really kiindve need them to play. im using the n-rage direct input plug-in (which seems to be the only 1 that recognizes my controller), and i have my raw data turned off. any possible suggestions for why it still wont recognize them? it also recognizes every other button on the controller, including the d pad as well, if any of that additional information helps

Sangoku

Smash Master
Calibrate your controller in windows.

I think DMoogle made a guide about that somewhere. It should be added in the index together with "uncheck raw data".

insertcreativename

Smash Rookie
if you mean configure controller settings, ive been trying to do that since the beginning. its weird, i can enter the c buttons on the controller, and it shows up on the configured settings when they say "enter button within 10 seconds to set as control". but when i go to play, they just dont work

Sangoku

Smash Master
I mean go to start, control pannel, then search "controller" or usb or anything. Then there's an option where you can calibrate your controller, by following instructions.

C-buttons are considered to be a direction (the z direction). If you don't calibrate, when you input the c button, it's not going far enough in the z direction for your character to jump. You are indeed pressing c and the emu recognize that (that's why you had no problem mapping c), it's just that it's not "far enough to jump".

KnitePhox

Smash Lord
when you go to map buttons, set your deadzone really high (>90) and your range really low(<10), revert back to normal numbers when you are done mapping.

for your god's sake, use Nrage 1.83/1.61

insertcreativename

Smash Rookie
alright, well i found the calibrating option, but i really dont understand how it works and havent gotten the c buttons fixed yet. im not quite sure what "move handle up and down" and all that means. do they mean the analog stick? or? also, a kindve blue line for the z axis appears in 1 of the calibrating steps, but 99% of the bar is clear, although at 1 point, i got it to be halfway blue. idk..is that relevant to this? i know im asking alot of questions..but im just so close to being able to play online and its so frustrating

KnitePhox

Smash Lord
alright, well i found the calibrating option, but i really dont understand how it works and havent gotten the c buttons fixed yet. im not quite sure what "move handle up and down" and all that means. do they mean the analog stick? or? also, a kindve blue line for the z axis appears in 1 of the calibrating steps, but 99% of the bar is clear, although at 1 point, i got it to be halfway blue. idk..is that relevant to this? i know im asking alot of questions..but im just so close to being able to play online and its so frustrating
when it comes to figuring out which button or stick angle to press, test them all in whatever calibration setting you are currently in. once you figure out which is what, for each setting you are on, hit cancel and redo the last step to continue using the proper button/control stick angle for the step that gives you trouble.

very simple solutions, men(singular).

Sangoku

Smash Master
alright, well i found the calibrating option, but i really dont understand how it works and havent gotten the c buttons fixed yet. im not quite sure what "move handle up and down" and all that means. do they mean the analog stick? or? also, ahttp://seinvocc.escellsia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=677 kindve blue line for the z axis appears in 1 of the calibrating steps, but 99% of the bar is clear, although at 1 point, i got it to be halfway blue. idk..is that relevant to this? i know im asking alot of questions..but im just so close to being able to play online and its so frustrating
is it difficult to follow instructions? When it is said to not touch the joystick and press enter, don't touch the joystick of your controller and press enter. Then make one turn with the joystick of the controller, as asked, then press enter. Huh oh, now it asks to go in the z-direction! What should we do? Well if you re-read my previous post, you'll see that the z direction is actually the c buttons! Press them all, you'll see the blue bar changing size. Don't panic and press enter. Then it is asked again to move in the z direction, press again all the c buttons without panicking!

I think that's all, really it shouldn't be difficult :).

Fynal

Smash Journeyman
i'm using 5% deadzone, 80% range (suggested somewhere) for my hori, and as far as i can tell, the buttons just dont respond as fast as they do when i use the same controller on console. this goes for the stick and A/B/c at least. its as if i have to press harder to get them to work.

(this is on non-kaillera singleplayer, so it cant be frame delay)

it also seems like I have to push the stick farther/harder to dash, though i suspect thats the same thing

edit: set threshold to like 25%, feels much better now

Curtis Jaxon

Smash Rookie
help

hey guys, i would really appreciate some help. Just got project64k working online and everything and i just got my controller in. everything seemed to link up with the controller fine. BUT when i got in game i can only use the tilt function of the joystick. (i.e) i move too slow and can't smash attack. I have a (n64 controller adapter) that i got off ebay. Anyone got any tips?

never mind, i just got it working. thanks to someone who posted earlier about the searching then calibrating that really did the trick.

Froski

Boss of Bosses
After all these years i've been pondering about what threshold does. I've been moving it up and down constantly and don't feel lick of difference. So can someone explain to a young brotha what it does. Ahéhee', Nizhónígo Nee Ado’ááł

Sempiternity

Smash Lord
I really have no idea, and it's even more bizarre since NRage seems to have done away with separate range and threshold after v1.61, and seemingly combined them?

Top Bottom