• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask a Question, Get an Answer Thread~[Read Before Asking a Question]

mixa

Banned via Warnings
People who use the keyboard and can short hop out of shield: what is your shield and SH button?
I thought I had a good input configuration that covered everything, but I was wrong.
Also, has anyone changed the considerably the input config. after being used to another one? tell me your experiences.

The Star King

Smash Hero
People who use the keyboard and can short hop out of shield: what is your shield and SH button?
I thought I had a good input configuration that covered everything, but I was wrong.
Also, has anyone changed the considerably the input config. after being used to another one? tell me your experiences.
Enter for shield (pinky) and P for jump (middle finger). I crafted my keyboard set-up to be ergonomically correct from the start, so no, I didn't make significant changes after that, though I made a couple of minor ones (moved analog from RDFG to WASD, changed Start from the comma key to Backspace)

Froski

Boss of Bosses
During my keyboard days without an adapter I used:

"UHJK" as my analog

"Shift" as shield

"Ctrl" as SH

The rest of my config was a total cluster ****. (That i got use to after a while with the thin keyboard keys and all)

My old config was the basic setup...nothing changed. (I think.)

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
i go away for 2 days and you guys start bad mouthing me =(

this is scummier than dean just up and leaving to the gold coast without telling anyone

i mean really, who does that?

hey aa what anime of this season do i watch? already got yuru yuri s2 don't worry about that ;)

asianaussie

Smash Hero
****ing yuru yuri is the bane of mankind's existence, making me want to quit anime

jinrui wa suita shima****a and sword art online are the safe picks, everything else is either terrible fanservice or just plain uninteresting, have your pick

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
terrible fanservice is an oxymoron and you know it

persona 4 came in the mail today btw, as did catherine. chose to play catherine first xp

The Star King

Smash Hero
i go away for 2 days and you guys start bad mouthing me =(

this is scummier than dean just up and leaving to the gold coast without telling anyone

i mean really, who does that?

hey aa what anime of this season do i watch? already got yuru yuri s2 don't worry about that ;)
>complains about people badmouthing him
>immediately starts talking about anime upon his return
>not even social thread

Sangoku

Smash Master
Can someone upload savestates with the hitbox mode for all characters? The one post with these has a megaupload link... And of course, when I try to use the cheats, it doesn't work. If I change emu, I can't change the .cht file, I could rename it, delete it, whatever, the cheats list will be the same in the emu.

tacos

Smash Journeyman
Can someone upload savestates with the hitbox mode for all characters? The one post with these has a megaupload link... And of course, when I try to use the cheats, it doesn't work. If I change emu, I can't change the .cht file, I could rename it, delete it, whatever, the cheats list will be the same in the emu.
http://www.mediafire.com/?mi2hxkcybryl8zc

tacos SAVES teh day

wut

Sangoku

Smash Master
Thanks A LOT bro.

Now is there a way to lower my FPS? I can go to a faraway server and ping spoof, but online doesn't let me load a savestate =/.

The Real Sykes

Smash Apprentice
im new to the online scene played on console for a long period of time, but now its time to take it to the next level and layth the smack down in my dorm. so my question is for online what do people use for the range and dead zone of the controller. thanks alot

M!nt

Smash Champion
Doesn't matter just keep it where its at and adjust it till you feel comfortable.

Range is how far you can move the stick, so raise it if you can't run(or smash) easily or lower it if you run(or tilt) too easily.

Deadzone is how much of the stick should be ignored, you should keep this a 5% unless your stick is a little loose in which case you can raise it a couple

Krynxe

I can't pronounce it either
3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
****ing yuru yuri is the bane of mankind's existence, making me want to quit anime
Someone sounds a little bitter

Can't handle high quality anime?

Maybe you should return to your ONE PIECE and BLEACH.

elitistlaugh.wav

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
second season of horizon is infinitely better than yuru yuri anyway

i might be the one person in the worl who likes that show for some inexplicable reason

Pooncahontas

Smash Apprentice
I sometimes cancel an aerial > shield when getting pressured on the ground and, despite being in (what seems to be a full) shield, am able to be hit by my opponent. I'm almost sure I keep my finger on Z every time it happens.

What's going on there?
Is this common?

clubbadubba

Smash Master
Next time it happens, take a good look at where you get hit when you're shielding.

See if you cant work it out yourself.
I can feel the hostility all the way from america! More specifically, shield doesn't cover you entirely. You can move it w control stick to try and block attacks. Also, don't shield ever

:phone:

Pooncahontas

Smash Apprentice
I can feel the hostility all the way from america! More specifically, shield doesn't cover you entirely. You can move it w control stick to try and block attacks. Also, don't shield ever

This I know; but this is when I've been out of shield > 10 seconds, so I would have full shield.
And it seems like these hits come out maybe half a second or less after I hit the ground.

I was just wondering if there were, like, frames where your shield appears up but actually isn't. :/

clubbadubba

Smash Master
I don't think so. Even full shield isn't perfect. One thing you might be doing is attempting to roll or usmash or grab out of shield, which will make you vulnerable to attacks momentarily, even if you hold z

Pooncahontas

Smash Apprentice
I don't think so. Even full shield isn't perfect. One thing you might be doing is attempting to roll or usmash or grab out of shield, which will make you vulnerable to attacks momentarily, even if you hold z

What frames of the roll are invincibility frames, and which ones can you get hit.
I was thinking that you were completely invincible 'til the end of the roll animation.

Battlecow

Play to Win
yo how do you get out of the cargo stall again (with pika, say)

I always thought you just mashed out and jabbed instantly, I guess that doesn't work. I know there's a way.

Sangoku

Smash Master
yo how do you get out of the cargo stall again (with pika, say)

I always thought you just mashed out and jabbed instantly, I guess that doesn't work. I know there's a way.
Q: How do I escape DK's Infinite Cargo Hold?

A: See this post:

If they escape within 47 frames then that is the only way to do it.

Escaping DK's Throw Trap:

To escape DK's Clasp, use the normal escape method: Smashing and pressing alternate buttons/directions. You can escape in 8 frames.

To escape the ITT you have to start by pressing Right+B as soon as you are on DK's back (you'll get some percentage), then follow that with Left+A etc... DK cannot grab you again if you do this. If DK grabs, it will go through you. If he turns around, you will be free to grab him. Even if the DK is perfect he cannot grab you.

If you cannot do the above method, then you should do the escape procedure, and mash A once you escape the first hold. If the DK player is 1 frame off then you will hit him before he can grab again. This method is easier but if the DK is perfect he will be able to grab.

1 frame off:
http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...59134922078284

DK Can't Fthrow:
http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...30683216723819

^The same for Kirby and all other characters

From the smash index.

Battlecow

Play to Win
So just jabbing after you escape? Don't think that works, perhaps I'm performing it wrong. You don't get to jab until you actually fall to the ground, and he regrabs before you can do that... IDK has anyone actually tried antdgar's way? Vids are down as well, of course.

eh screw it I'll just make sure I have the lead and wait the ten minutes on top of his back.

The Star King

Smash Hero
is this humanly possible? falcon dair ff uair to a little hop and a good old falcon punch? it looks really nice in my mind but not sure it would work in any scenario

it looks like he might've been able to do it here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KWvI0uvu7vs
I doubt it

@Sangoku Do you do right B, Left A, right B, left A, no matter which way DK is facing?

@Battlecow jabbing can work. And with Pikachu why don't you just up-b out lol

Top Bottom