• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask a Question, Get an Answer Thread~[Read Before Asking a Question]

Olikus

Smash Champion
Yeah it could have been, but in fact I don't think so. I don't think the buttons of the 64 controller are analog buttons, as in they don't have multiple values corresponding to how far they are pressed (ie button press is discrete and not continuous). By the way, you mean you had problems with your buttons or joystick?
c buttons. coudnt jump before I moved threshold from 80 to 45. Very strange.

Battlecow

Play to Win
Horis work quite well, and while they do break eventually I think their durability is worth the price tag.

Hiphiphooray

Smash Apprentice
Hey, I've recently been playing with Link and Falcon and would like some advice on how to get better.

Link: What combos can I start doing? I'm talking easy combos. I can chain u-tilt but I don't know how to follow it up. Or how to approach for a combo starter.

Falcon: How do I start combos when the enemy is at mid life range, like say 40%-80%? And what combos can I do on lighter characters that can't get u-air chained as easily?

Han Solo

Banned via Warnings
Hey, I've recently been playing with Link and Falcon and would like some advice on how to get better.

Link: What combos can I start doing? I'm talking easy combos. I can chain u-tilt but I don't know how to follow it up. Or how to approach for a combo starter.

Falcon: How do I start combos when the enemy is at mid life range, like say 40%-80%? And what combos can I do on lighter characters that can't get u-air chained as easily?
You're better off asking this in the "character discussion" threads.

For Link, you'll probably want to work on your "swordless" game. Bair, Nair, bombs, and boomerangs. I think Bair and Nair are two of Link's best options for most situations. For combos, watch Isai vids from Apex and try to attempt the more basic ones.

For Falcon, upsmash works wonders depending on the character. You can try fair to start something.

ballin4life

Smash Hero

Link: utiltx10 -> fair/dair/upB/even fsmash finisher. you can also mix in dtilt or maybe a sh uair
as for combo starter - idk besides hitting a random utilt or uair

Falcon: against light characters uairs -> upB is best 95% of the time
at mid percents to combo start typically use usmash or fthrow. you can also sometimes do aerial -> chase with a dash uair.
against heavies you can do either fthrow -> uairs -> upB or fthrow -> fair (usually just the 2nd hit of fair) -> upB. or if they're a little higher then just fthrow -> pivot full reverse uair. there are other things you can do obv (fthrow weak nair, fthrow pivot reverse uair (the one that sends you diagonally up, not straight to the side)) but those are the basic ones

asianaussie

Smash Hero
moved to online tournaments section, alongside barwl wi-fi tourneys

there is a hotlink in the main forum (?) but too little too late, basically nobody uses it anymore

The Star King

Smash Hero
Anybody know where the really old match-up thread is, the one right before t3h_icy's? I figured I could use some comedy. Date is probably ~early 2009.

mixa

Banned via Warnings
Online play problems: my waiting list is useless, even though there's a game for me to join, when I do the server is/looks empty. I can also see a game which I created from the waiting list.
Can it be fixed?

Peek~

Smash Lord
Online play problems: my waiting list is useless, even though there's a game for me to join, when I do the server is/looks empty. I can also see a game which I created from the waiting list.
Can it be fixed?
Are you using the Ownasaurus client?

The Waiting list works fine for me on it, though the last time I remember even using it was during the Godweapon/Anti3D days. I remember some of the older Kaillera clients had trouble with that and the server list.

mixa

Banned via Warnings
Are you using the Ownasaurus client?

The Waiting list works fine for me on it, though the last time I remember even using it was during the Godweapon/Anti3D days. I remember some of the older Kaillera clients had trouble with that and the server list.
I am (n02 + Ownasaurus' tweaks), though I've just realized the problem might not be that. When I enter a server, even through the waiting list, it's almost always empty, but right now I saw someone chatting who was not on the online-users list, which besides me was blank.
I'll work something out.

Peek~

Smash Lord
I am (n02 + Ownasaurus' tweaks), though I've just realized the problem might not be that. When I enter a server, even through the waiting list, it's almost always empty, but right now I saw someone chatting who was not on the online-users list, which besides me was blank.
I'll work something out.
Sounds creepy, like some ghost version kaillera.

You can play with people who desynched 3 years ago.
Directed by Michael Bay

The Star King

Smash Hero
Sounds creepy, like some ghost version kaillera.

You can play with people who desynched 3 years ago.
Directed by Michael Bay
omg mixa delete your kaillera before you get Ness's chopped off head in your bed and "PWNED" written on the wall in blood

dettadeus

Smash Lord
It's in every Smash game, yeah.
We're arguing about whether or not it was a glitch in 64 and just left in for the heck of it. We agree it was intentional in Melee and Brawl.

ballin4life

Smash Hero
What evidence is there that it's a glitch? The default should be to assume something is intentional.

Plus it seems like shield breaks are something the dev team would know about - this isn't the kind of thing to fly under the radar if it were a glitch.

M!nt

Smash Champion
Its not a glitch, shes a balloon Pokemon, thus breaking her shield pops her or whatever. I think its pretty funny and clever.

M!nt

Smash Champion
How is that surprising considering she still gets it if the pop doesn't kill her.

Pooncahontas

Smash Apprentice
Have you ever broke Jiggles shield under the roofs in PC and Hyrule?

She gets stuck under the roof for a while and then falls back down to the ground dazed and stays in SB stun until its over.

Pretty funny stuff.

:phone:

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
he means no it's not surprising she has a dazed animation and accompanying sfx

which i'd agree with as the creators probably intended for all stages to be played somewhat, including mushroom kingdom where the chance of seeing the animation rises a lot, especially with hammers/fans turned on.

reallyfastcar

Smash Apprentice
I know smash brothers on 64 is sort of dead in Australia and there is like maybe 20 people who play it seriously but a tournament would be quite cool.

I play with True tears and he loves to teleport out of combos and claims he is the best and than says every1 uses the same di hacks. But I find that disgusting, it's sad enough we play a 16 year old game, let alone a bunch of people think its cool to cheat on it.

Ssb64 is a a STRAIGHT A BALLER GAME with combos to death and I love it and people ruin it with that di hacks **** ( I have no problem with people Di'ing legit).

But to get a computer program to give you a huge advantage is quite sickening in my opion.
Any who my question or suggestion is AUSTRALIA should have a tournament on console and seperate the sad freaks from the people who are actually good at the game and enjoy it, i'm sure we could get alot of low life losers who don't know anything about smash brothers but grew up playing kirby and think they are great.

A nice entrance fee to make it worth whiled but anyway, throw anger at me or compliments I don't really mind, Australia might already have tournaments I don't know. I"M NEW~

Pooncahontas

Smash Apprentice
I know smash brothers on 64 is sort of dead in Australia and there is like maybe 20 people who play it seriously but a tournament would be quite cool.

I play with True tears and he loves to teleport out of combos and claims he is the best and than says every1 uses the same di hacks. But I find that disgusting, it's sad enough we play a 16 year old game, let alone a bunch of people think its cool to cheat on it.

Ssb64 is a a STRAIGHT A BALLER GAME with combos to death and I love it and people ruin it with that di hacks **** ( I have no problem with people Di'ing legit).

But to get a computer program to give you a huge advantage is quite sickening in my opion.
Any who my question or suggestion is AUSTRALIA should have a tournament on console and seperate the sad freaks from the people who are actually good at the game and enjoy it, i'm sure we could get alot of low life losers who don't know anything about smash brothers but grew up playing kirby and think they are great.

A nice entrance fee to make it worth whiled but anyway, throw anger at me or compliments I don't really mind, Australia might already have tournaments I don't know. I"M NEW~
I'm running a perth console tourney on Saturday through Sunday in Perth. So if you live in Perth you should come. :)

Pooncahontas

Smash Apprentice
Also, question...

What do you think they did worse in Melee? For example, you might think that the 100% reduction in landing lag when you L-cancel in 64 was better than the 50% in Melee. Stuff like that.

What do you guys think?

cheeseball341

Smash Journeyman
Australia has had tournies before, just none this year.

If you could get DSC and ROM to agree to go, then the Canberra Krew would be there in a flash, and everyone else already lives in Melbourne.

Sangoku

Smash Master
Also, question...

What do you think they did worse in Melee? For example, you might think that the 100% reduction in landing lag when you L-cancel in 64 was better than the 50% in Melee. Stuff like that.

What do you guys think?

What they did worse was Melee.

Also I thought asianaussie was the last poster for a few seconds lol.

asianaussie

Smash Hero
****ing hate ciaza, he's such a *****, still not forgiven for that namechange bs, the ****er

also, i don't recall ever losing to truetears, apart from matches where im playing jiggs/luigi

The Star King

Smash Hero
****ing hate ciaza, he's such a *****, still not forgiven for that namechange bs, the ****er

also, i don't recall ever losing to truetears, apart from matches where im playing jiggs/luigi
You should refuse to ever discuss anime with ciaza again. That'll show him.

Top Bottom