• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask a Question, Get an Answer Thread~[Read Before Asking a Question]

The Star King

Smash Hero
The correct way to DI is up or down and you can only affect your horizontal movement.

But if they are DIing left/right for some reason then I guess so.

The Star King

Smash Hero
Yeah but why would you do that when you can go up or down which has the advantage of not being able to compensated for by Samus at all d00d

Peek~

Smash Lord
Ness' ftilt has some wack properties to it. You'll be sent behind ness even though you're infront of him, wtf?
Is there a hitbox.gif for Ness' ledge attack <100%?

Seems like 2diagonal hitboxes and 95% of the time I hit anyone coming over it sends them backwards.

_Rocky_

Smash Ace
Since I was told (and noticed myself) that my control stick was mad loose compared to other n64 controllers at apex, I'm wondering how one would go about fixing that **** up

I'd rather not buy a new controller ;_;

KeroKeroppi

Smash Champion
Sup Fellas.
I hope everyone is well.

Question!

How do you do/In what situations/Whats the name of that thing when Yoshi gets the frame(s) of "no-knockback" when hes NOT in his double jump?

KnitePhox

Smash Lord
Sup Fellas.
I hope everyone is well.

Question!

How do you do/In what situations/Whats the name of that thing when Yoshi gets the frame(s) of "no-knockback" when hes NOT in his double jump?
double jump
when getting comboed to get out/counter-combo or prevent a death
super-armor

MMMM i LOVE me some NAIRry's BAIRry's and FAIRry's

LOL AT LAST ONE.

KeroKeroppi

Smash Champion
okay thanks, but sometimes it happens at the start of his attacks..? am i imagining that?
and sometimes i see it happen right after a get-up attack..??
maybee,

i could be wrong about those, im verry much unclear.. but ive deffinitely seen him do it on the floor..
he may have just been slide djcing

KnitePhox

Smash Lord
okay thanks, but sometimes it happens at the start of his attacks..? am i imagining that?
and sometimes i see it happen right after a get-up attack..??
maybee,

i could be wrong about those, im verry much unclear.. but ive deffinitely seen him do it on the floor..
he may have just been slide djcing
if on floor, pretty sure its a djc, but if u HEAR and dont SEE the shield flash than it might have been a parry

KeroKeroppi

Smash Champion
parry? i heard that term at apex.. something about dissapearing..??
idk
i hear the "clack" of getting hit. no sheild. no djc. and yoshi goes nowhere.

M!nt

Smash Champion
Yeah it's a parry. It's where you hit the shield right when they attack and then release to parry an attack as in not get hurt or knocked back.

The Star King

Smash Hero
Yoshi is invincible for the first few frames of his shield. The "clack" sound of getting hit will still happen. Yoshi receives no shieldstun and can jump out/grab/upsmash immediately, so if you do it fast it'll look like the shield didn't appear. Probably would be better to see it in video rather than text so maybe someone can post one.

KeroKeroppi

Smash Champion
yupppp. Thats exactly what i was talking about. thats awesome.
Thanks for the vid sangoku.
and thanks for feedback guys.

ballin4life

Smash Hero
Yoshi is invincible for the first few frames of his shield. The "clack" sound of getting hit will still happen. Yoshi receives no shieldstun and can jump out/grab/upsmash immediately, so if you do it fast it'll look like the shield didn't appear. Probably would be better to see it in video rather than text so maybe someone can post one.
slight clarification - the shield ACTUALLY doesn't appear when you press Z for a short period of time. so you can parry without the egg ever coming up.

X ta C

Smash Rookie
okay so i recently re vamped my computer and erased all programs, and now i dont have 64 smash online anymore. i recently downloaded the new emu from the thread and thought it would work fine. but once it was loaded it now says that i cannot load audio and controller plugins. how can i fix this? also i downloaded Super Smash Bros. (U) [!] as a rom and when i put it in the rom directory it doesnt show up on the emulator's home

M!nt

Smash Champion
You gotta set the directories to the right place.
So go Options->Settings->Directories and pick where the rom folder is and where the plugin folder is.

X ta C

Smash Rookie
okay i already did that and it says i need to re-install the program when i do it doesnt include anything new that i was missing

asianaussie

Smash Hero
I don't think pj64k has anything in relation to a re-install, since the program is just a bundled compressed file (unlike pj64 1.6/1.7)

Delete everything but your rom and move the rom to the desktop

Download pj64k VE and extract it to a folder

Now set your rom directory from the file menu (File > Choose Rom Directory) by choosing the Desktop

Press F5 for good measure, and you should have your rom.

Wind Owl

Smash Lord
So, I just got a Raphnet adapter and after much frustration with L/R sensitivity I finally got a working configuration for my gamecube controller, but it won't work online.

With my friend on P2P (I was server), I can receive his inputs but he can't receive mine (results in desync). On Kaillera, I simply can't input anything even on my screen (as client, haven't tried as server). I'm using N-Rage's Direct-Input8 V2 1.83 (the latest stable version in the All-In-One Pack). I can't even get Jabo's to configure properly, and I haven't tried any others.

Does anyone have any idea how to fix this?

SSBPete

Smash Lord
is it ever wise to intentionally get hit?

sometimes when i'm on a really low percentage and the opponent is on a high percentage i purposely crouch cancle their arial attack right before it hits me. it leaves almost no hitstun and gives me a free grab to finish them.

additionally i sometimes let a drill hit me so i can DI behind the character and get a free grab. doesnt work against kirby or jiggs for obvious reasons.

i usually only do this when i'm bored or playing weaker players, but maybe it has some potential?

Battlecow

Play to Win
I cc Dk's get up attack for the free punish sometimes, but that doesn't "work" work, it just works sometimes. TBH CC'ing isn't that good, I'd be surprised if there were many situations where shielding/dodging wouldn't be better.

Top Bottom