• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask a Question, Get an Answer Thread~[Read Before Asking a Question]

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
It doesn't matter at all how close you are to the ground (why would it?). I use the same method I use for platform drop uairs, and can do them both nearly 100% consistently. You can also use the same method for doing a strong bomb throw upwards with Link in midair without using your double jump (oddly enough).

And lolwut @ Battlecow, why would shine jabs be any harder on keyboard? Ask Kuzi, I once PWNED him with a shine jab :laugh:
tis true. Last stock shine jab -> jab -> usmash. It was very sexi

On another note, can you guy properly tell me how to ff uair or platform drop uair on a kb.

I know this was answered many times recently, butI still cant seem to get it down.

ballin4life

Smash Hero
You started that quote with "first of all not everyone can taunt cancel", followed by "as for the ones who can do it", and I thought "it" was taunt cancelling since you just mentioned it. Besides, Ness, DK, and Pikachu can for sure.
I think you can pivot edgehog with pika but I'm not so sure about taunt cancel pivot edgehog. It's definitely harder because taunting slows you down.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
lol ummm, you need winrar i suppose xD

I'm sure you can find that easy enough through google searching :p
I have winrar, but the instructions on the page says I need to unpack the file and I have no idea what they mean by that

And yeah, I'm sorry for my computer noobiness

Dsc

Smash Ace
tis true. Last stock shine jab -> jab -> usmash. It was very sexi

On another note, can you guy properly tell me how to ff uair or platform drop uair on a kb.

I know this was answered many times recently, butI still cant seem to get it down.
Platdrop uairs are pretty ez. Its those ff uairs i cant do.
For platdrop uairs, i just buffer UP, drop down and as soon as i drop through i perform an uair. Its all timing.

Battlecow

Play to Win
I can ff uair pretty easily (i.e., I'm not comfortable doing it spontaneously in a match, but if I know it's coming I can get it maybe three out of four times) , but platform dropping uair chains with DK are a bit harder for me.

And I don't play fox. I thought jabwalkjabs were hard on KB. sue me.

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
another "discovery" by me -_-

if you have a fully charged punch (with dk obv), you can run off the edge of the stage --> quickly turn around punch cancel and grab the ledge in a pretty quick motion. This only works when you already have a fully charged punch.

This works on all ledges that can be grabbed, but works easiest on Dreamland.

I actually used it today as a successful edgehog...I was kinda stunned.

Robsta

Smash Ace
I have noticed when you get low to the ground (with Fox) you can shoot you laser and it shows the animation but doesn't shoot.
Could this have any application? Turning around for example?

Sangoku

Smash Master
I've recorded a little combo with mupen64 rerecording from snapshot, but since I can't record with fraps on my regular computer, I've brought the the files *.m64 and *.st to another computer.

My problem is that when I try to start reading the playback with mupen on that second computer, I get the error "VCR Couldn't start playback of C:\Users\...\*.m64".

Anybody have an idea on how to solve that? Because I don't really want to redo the recordings directly here =/.

Thanks in advance!

hamburglar

Smash Journeyman
suddenly i can't open my project 64 and i get two errors, one saying "not enough memory for jump table" and the other says "failed to allocate memory" i tried redownloading pj64 but i got the same error. (also happens with pj64k) i'm using .13

anyone have this problem before?

dandan

Smash Lord
i think many people that had this problem had it because of their antivirus.
try disabling it and see if it works.

dandan

Smash Lord
krec files just remember keystrokes and other information, you cannot use them without pj.

Dragoon Fighter

Smash Lord
Does any one know the code for the debug menu for SSB64? I have done about 5 searches for game shark codes but have not found one that allows me to use the debug menu.

Oh, just in case some one ask I would like the codes to all versions of SSB64 not just the US.

Robsta

Smash Ace
Not exactly relating to 64 but what are some of the factors in Brawl that makes so uncompetitive when compared to 64 or Melee?
Trying to convince a person at my school.

Dsc

Smash Ace
Not exactly relating to 64 but what are some of the factors in Brawl that makes so uncompetitive when compared to 64 or Melee?
Trying to convince a person at my school.
Brawl has massive reduced hitstun, lowering combos.

um. it sucks.
its for kids.
yeah.

asianaussie

Smash Hero
its not just that - brawl has a competitive scene and deservedly so - what a lot of people hate is how it is claimed as far more competitive than the other smash games and gets a crapload more attention for being 'new' and therefore automatically 'better'.

other things include less tech skill needed, some dumb broken aspects, character imbalance, etc etc and you'd have to play brawl competitively to list them so ill let someone else do that

contrary to popular opinion there are still 'combos', but you have to predict a bunch.

Dragoon Fighter

Smash Lord
Does any one know the code for the debug menu for SSB64? I have done about 5 searches for game shark codes but have not found one that allows me to use the debug menu.

Oh, just in case some one ask I would like the codes to all versions of SSB64 not just the US.
Does anyone know the debug menu code?

dandan

Smash Lord
Lags like a sumbich online though.
depends on your hardware. it adds no lag to my games.
i also had a problem with 3d8 when i switched to other windows the screen got black and i had to restart pj, i do not get it with glide.

King Funk

Int. Croc. Alligator
its not just that - brawl has a competitive scene and deservedly so - what a lot of people hate is how it is claimed as far more competitive than the other smash games and gets a crapload more attention for being 'new' and therefore automatically 'better'.
Is it more competitive? Yes. After all it has more players.

Is it better? No. 64 is a much better game.

asianaussie

Smash Hero
i was referring to how suited it is for competition - how much techskill is needed, how much experience/reading required, etc, and in that sense it is difficult to judge when compared to its prequels

while 'better' is subjective (dont get me wrong im not arguing), this is the 64 subforum so its k

King Funk

Int. Croc. Alligator
i was referring to how suited it is for competition - how much techskill is needed, how much experience/reading required, etc, and in that sense it is difficult to judge when compared to its prequels

while 'better' is subjective (dont get me wrong im not arguing), this is the 64 subforum so its k
Don't worry, I feel ya. =)

There's not much tech skill required with most characters in Brawl, but there's a ****load of experience/reading to acquire. In 64 I don't feel like tech skill is particularily hard but it's definitely not nothing.

You're right though, it's too hard to compare games.

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
Being "competitive" does not mean that the game must require tech skill. See chess. More tech skill is a bad thing.
truefax.

brawl has a load of useless techs also. i.e (bombsliding,run on edge etc.)
but aside from this, you don't always need to know every exploitation to be good, or be considered "competitive".

also, i would consider brawl to be competitive game in its own league, i'm a great smash player but im balls awful at brawl.

Tambor

Smash Journeyman
I've had this question for years now and still haven't looked into it. I'll ask in case someone else knows:
Usually when I tech after a hit, my character seems to stand up quite fast but sometimes it's quite slow , allowing an easy techchase. What affects this? Or is this just my imagination?

Dsc

Smash Ace
You get up slowly because your percentage is high. And vice versa.
Im not sure what the exact percentages are though. It works like getting back up from the ledge slowly/quickly.

Correct me if im wrong.

Edit: a total guess yes

Top Bottom