• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask a Question, Get an Answer Thread~[Read Before Asking a Question]

Battlecow

Play to Win
Im dongsun24ify btw and i love your accent.

Anyways,
Is it possible to ff uair on kb?
Yes. You can walk on KB as well. Except for maybe the boomerang/pikafox recovery thing, I believe that with clever buffering, you can do anything on KB that you can do on controller- although some techskilly shenanigans (e.g. fox's shinejabs or jabwalkjabs) get reaaaaaaaaally hard.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
What do you mean?

I used Motioninjoy to get my PS3 controller to work. I know nothing else about plugins. I don't know if it was because of that or something, but I need my analog sticks to work and they ain't working for some reason. I can only manage to get the Dpad to work instead and that ain't cutting it out for me

Btw, what's a good way to reduce lag on Kaillera?

Sangoku

Smash Master
I was just wondering, when you guys want to record a combo, how do you record it?

In pj64k, I only see the recording option in p2p or server, but that would imply making a combo with delay.

Do you use mupen rerecording? If yes, can you use savestates to adjust the starting position?
For example, let's say I start recording, begin my combo and mess up. I press f1 the load the savestate and then I perform my combo successfully. Now if I play the playback it will be desynched since the recording option doesn't take into account the f1 press and therefore, doesn't reset the position. I don't know if that's really clear. :ohwell:

So I would like to know how you would record combos. ^^

Last thing, does inventing combos develop in game creativity and/or techskill?

Dsc

Smash Ace
Yes. You can walk on KB as well. Except for maybe the boomerang/pikafox recovery thing, I believe that with clever buffering, you can do anything on KB that you can do on controller- although some techskilly shenanigans (e.g. fox's shinejabs or jabwalkjabs) get reaaaaaaaaally hard.
Jab walk jabs are simple. You just walk during the first jab animation and so on. And i cant do shine jab/dtilt for ****.
So the only thing you cant do is super slow walk..
What about the thing where you jump at many different heights? Thts not possible is it?

NixxxoN

Smash Master
I was just wondering, when you guys want to record a combo, how do you record it?

In pj64k, I only see the recording option in p2p or server, but that would imply making a combo with delay.

Do you use mupen rerecording? If yes, can you use savestates to adjust the starting position?
For example, let's say I start recording, begin my combo and mess up. I press f1 the load the savestate and then I perform my combo successfully. Now if I play the playback it will be desynched since the recording option doesn't take into account the f1 press and therefore, doesn't reset the position. I don't know if that's really clear. :ohwell:

Good question, thats one thing i wanna know since long ago, I didnt find a solution unless its live recording u.u

Sangoku

Smash Master
The best solution I've found so far is using mupen rerecording without savestate. So each time you mess up, you have to reset in the game which implies default starting position.

I would really appreciate if the others could say how they do. =)

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
Only things I have not mastered on a KB so far (That are possible):

shield platform drop uairs

multi shining

shine jab

Everything else was ez to learn. And of course the 8 directional movement thing is annoying, but no way around that.

asianaussie

Smash Hero
oh yeah

double vertical quick attack
b-air and f-air on the spot (no moving forward or backwards, you have to counteract it by moving in the opposite direction)
same might go for turning around with neutral b in the air, but i think that there might be nuances im not aware of

i think dk has one level of initial jump that isnt doable on kb, but im probably mistaken

asianaussie

Smash Hero
frame perfect presses

go learn piano lol

alternatively you could use up your second jump but I can see that one scenario of running off a ledge to fastfall u-air wouldn't allow that

dandan

Smash Lord
actually ff uair has quite a few frames that work, depends on how close you are to the ground.

ballin4life

Smash Hero

Capture card for n64, screen cap for PC and yes

The Star King

Smash Hero
actually ff uair has quite a few frames that work, depends on how close you are to the ground.
It doesn't matter at all how close you are to the ground (why would it?). I use the same method I use for platform drop uairs, and can do them both nearly 100% consistently. You can also use the same method for doing a strong bomb throw upwards with Link in midair without using your double jump (oddly enough).

And lolwut @ Battlecow, why would shine jabs be any harder on keyboard? Ask Kuzi, I once PWNED him with a shine jab :laugh:

dandan

Smash Lord
It doesn't matter at all how close you are to the ground (why would it?). I use the same method I use for platform drop uairs, and can do them both nearly 100% consistently. You can also use the same method for doing a strong bomb throw upwards with Link in midair without using your double jump (oddly enough).

And lolwut @ Battlecow, why would shine jabs be any harder on keyboard? Ask Kuzi, I once PWNED him with a shine jab :laugh:
when you are close to the ground you have more frames to do the uair without the second jump, because the ff gets to the ground before the second jump can impact, dunno, just sort of works like that.

The Star King

Smash Hero
Have you tried it at other heights? I can do it at any height just fine. And tbh I still don't get what you're saying.

rpotts

Smash Lord
With mario/luigi, if you use your rising tornado but then get grabbed before you can touch the ground/ledge you get your double jump back but not your rising tornado.

This especially caught me off guard when an edge-guarder grabbed me after my upb before I was able to sweetspot the ledge. After throwing me off the stage once again I ignorantly used my torando first and fell to my doom (and oddly enough I could made the ledge with my second jump and upb).

Sorry if everyone knows this already...I had no idea.
I always kinda thought getting grabbed did put you "on the ground" ...suppose not :o

Yea for everything else getting grabbed resets you as if you hit the ground, except in this case.
Falcon's upb has the same issue, gets your double jump back but not your downb.

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
so you are saying if mario is grabbing by Falcons UpB he doesnt get the Tornado back? :o

another thing i didnt know about mario....hmm...D:

What do you mean?

I used Motioninjoy to get my PS3 controller to work. I know nothing else about plugins. I don't know if it was because of that or something, but I need my analog sticks to work and they ain't working for some reason. I can only manage to get the Dpad to work instead and that ain't cutting it out for me

Btw, what's a good way to reduce lag on Kaillera?
http://dl.qj.net/playstation-3/tools-and-utilities/sixaxis-driver-for-pc.html

This is the driver / plugin or w.e you wanna call it that i use for my ps3 controller

It allows the usage of the left analog stick for sure...not sure about the right one but i assume it works xD

Dsc

Smash Ace
K! Thanks for answers guys.
But i have another question.....again.
Which way do you DI during falcons fair, to end up on the other side?
AND,
Is pivot taunt canc edge hog doable by everyone?

so you are saying if mario is grabbing by Falcons UpB he doesnt get the Tornado back? :o

Is it the same with luigi?

ballin4life

Smash Hero
AND,
Um DI through it? I would think that it would be better to DI up, but i don't know.

Also I don't think you'll be able to pivot taunt cancel edgehog with yoshi

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
If you time it right you can be homo and do it on some heavies after a few utilts.

On light weights uair>upsmash is not uncommon.

NixxxoN

Smash Master
AND,
I'd say DI-ing Falcon's fair up or down is the best way to go.

First of all not everyone can taunt cancel... as for the ones who can do it... I dont think Ness, Yoshi, DK or Pikachu could do it.

Dsc

Smash Ace
I'd say DI-ing Falcon's fair up or down is the best way to go.

First of all not everyone can taunt cancel... as for the ones who can do it... I dont think Ness, Yoshi, DK or Pikachu could do it.
Everyone can taunt cancel, but only those can make the sounds while doing it.
Eg. If you 'copy' another character with kirby and then taunt cancel edge hog, the ability thingy goes away as sif you are taunting normally. I guess what i meant was, is it possible to pivot edge hog with everyone?

NixxxoN

Smash Master
Everyone can taunt cancel, but only those can make the sounds while doing it.
Eg. If you 'copy' another character with kirby and then taunt cancel edge hog, the ability thingy goes away as sif you are taunting normally. I guess what i meant was, is it possible to pivot edge hog with everyone?
Well I thought taunt cancel was actually nullified if you couldnt make the sounds with it. Its surely easier to pivot edgehot without taunt cancelling than doing it, but I dont know if its possible with eveyone, maybe this is a question for TAS-ers.

The Star King

Smash Hero
I found this rather amusing, since all four of the characters you mentioned DO make sound during their taunt-cancel.

Characters that make sound: Pikachu, Falcon, Mario, Yoshi, DK, Jigglypuff, Ness.

Characters that don't: Fox, Kirby, Luigi, Link, Samus. (you can see Kirby's if you copy an ability first).

@Dsc it's at least possible with 11/12 characters, not sure about Yoshi.

NixxxoN

Smash Master
I found this rather amusing, since all four of the characters you mentioned DO make sound during their taunt-cancel.
Lol
Im talking about this:
"First of all not everyone can taunt cancel... as for the ones who can do it... I dont think Ness, Yoshi, DK or Pikachu could TAUNT CANCEL + PIVOT EDGEHOG."

The Star King

Smash Hero
You started that quote with "first of all not everyone can taunt cancel", followed by "as for the ones who can do it", and I thought "it" was taunt cancelling since you just mentioned it. Besides, Ness, DK, and Pikachu can for sure.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings

http://dl.qj.net/playstation-3/tools-and-utilities/sixaxis-driver-for-pc.html

This is the driver / plugin or w.e you wanna call it that i use for my ps3 controller

It allows the usage of the left analog stick for sure...not sure about the right one but i assume it works xD
Can't download. I keep getting an access denied and it won't let me download

Top Bottom