• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask a Question, Get an Answer Thread~[Read Before Asking a Question]

asianaussie

Smash Hero
What. Yoshi and Falcon...both combo each other extremely well, Falcon just has the edge in approach, while Yoshi has an advantage in edgeguarding. The only **** in this game is like...Link vs Pika, or Fox vs Jiggs.

rpotts

Smash Lord
Yea i really don't think kirby is yoshi's hardest counter, for me i would say someone faster like pika, fox, falcon. Someone who can juggle him after he uses his double jump for easy gimps.

SheerMadness

Smash Master
I'm pretty decent vs Kirby. But I don't think theres a character in the game that "counter *****" Yoshi.

There isn't a Kirby or Pika online I can't and haven't gone fairly even with. And Boom, who I haven't even played in over a year, is the only Falcon I haven't been able to go fairly even with. Not including malva here obviously.

There are quite a few Pika/Kirby/Falcon's online that beat me alot, but I beat them a lot too.

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
Yea i really don't think kirby is yoshi's hardest counter, for me i would say someone faster like pika, fox, falcon. Someone who can juggle him after he uses his double jump for easy gimps.
Falcon is much more even with Yoshi than Pikachu, Fox, and Kirby. I think even DK is a worse o equal matchup than Falcon.

They are probably about equally bad. I personally like the Pikachu/Falcon matchup and I do struggle at the fox and kirby ones though.

I think Boom and I agreed it was a 50-50 before.

The Star King

Smash Hero
Wait, you think DK is a worse matchup for Yoshi than Falcon? Wtf

I personally find Pikachu/Kirby harder than Fox/Falcon, maybe that's just me.

SheerMadness

Smash Master
I think Kirby is Yoshi's worst match up. Pikachu and Falcon and pretty even after that. Fox is by far Yoshi's easiest top tier match up IMO.

DK seems fairly easy to me. Just don't go around spamming DJC'ed aerials so his up b can't gimp you and Yoshi has the advantage I think.

RichHobo

Smash Rookie
uh, does project 64k recognize ps1/ps2 controllers?

also, is it appropriate to ask that in this thread?

RichHobo

Smash Rookie
I have a ps1/ps2 to usb adapter, and it works fine on p64. but when i try to use p64k, it doesnt work.

specifically, when i try to choose a character, the cursor dissapears when i move it over a character. also, it doesnt respond during a match. anybody seen this and/or know how to fix it?

Blade XVI

Smash Rookie
i know this is random and all but who knows a good server that doesn't **** my ping
by the way i have good ping 39-47 on galaxy but after 5 it drops down to like 100

nevermind ill just find people to p2p with

SSBPete

Smash Lord
I think Kirby is Yoshi's worst match up. Pikachu and Falcon and pretty even after that. Fox is by far Yoshi's easiest top tier match up IMO.

DK seems fairly easy to me. Just don't go around spamming DJC'ed aerials so his up b can't gimp you and Yoshi has the advantage I think.
i personally think yoshi is best against kirby and falcon in the top tiers. not many i know can beat me, but when it comes to pika and fox, i get the living hell kicked out of me.

dandan

Smash Lord
why does everytime i do netplay, my plugin get changed around?
pj auto loads the plugin by name. if you want to use your choice of plugin, either download the kve version running here that allows you to set your plugin online (for some reason it causes more dses for me) or change the plugin name to the one it auto loads.
btw, it auto loads audiohle and jabo3d7. i hope i've helped :)

krayton444

Smash Rookie
perfect, thanks.

now onto out of sync games. seems we both go out of sync not knowing it till we see eachother walking off the screen

asianaussie

Smash Hero
i personally think yoshi is best against kirby and falcon in the top tiers. not many i know can beat me, but when it comes to pika and fox, i get the living hell kicked out of me.
No good Kirbies on the server, Pika and Fox have ciaza and 1der respectively to rep them (and Kuro too I guess).

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
No good Kirbies on the server, Pika and Fox have ciaza and 1der respectively to rep them (and Kuro too I guess).
Oi. Thanks to Malva posting the Japanese Summer Tourney vids I can 0-death most characters with good use of Kirby's reverse weak bair.

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
JAPANESE Kirby =/= US Kirby, but I don't think B-Air is affected.

Also one combo on one small stage =/= good Kirby.
no u

Reverse bair has numerous uses outside the one combo, just play it on p2p and you'll see ;P

Seriously though I'd say it has the edge on any given Yoshi on the server, but then again our server sucks.

Smasherx74

Smash Journeyman
Back to the topic, Ummm, Why do people hate kirby yet no one says anything about pikachu or ness? Pikachu has crazy hitbox and can do a lightbolt and hit anyone at any range going from him or what ever ontop of him all the way to top of map and ness has DJC and a dair spike and good throw moves and him and pikachu have good recovery and pikachu can actually do double up if you do it correctly.

sharksquail

Smash Ace
I think it is cause Kirby is easier at a lower level of play than Pika, and that Kirbys on the server tend to be gay and do the same things over and over again.

Smasherx74

Smash Journeyman
haha i noticed that, although i still dont reckon its as awful as everyone makes it seem.
Lol @ the things Smasherx74 said about Ness, like "good recovery", obvious troll.

It wasn't a mistake. I rarely use ness and I can easily recover from almost anywere with him and his big blue ball to get back on stage. He just sometimes will get it taken if someone smart enough to hit them self at hit before your ball hits you so your balls hit them first.

sharksquail

Smash Ace
I've been playing online for probably 2-3 months now and had been getting a regular ping of 50-58ms. Just recently my ping has jumped up to 70-78ms moving me from 5 frames to 7. does anyone know why this may have happened.

Kaname

Smash Rookie
I've been playing online for probably 2-3 months now and had been getting a regular ping of 50-58ms. Just recently my ping has jumped up to 70-78ms moving me from 5 frames to 7. does anyone know why this may have happened.
blame the server many people has had this happen and im one of them

Sangoku

Smash Master
Hi!
I was wondering which moves could be a good counter to pikachu's f-air. Is it better to try to DI out of it or to attack with better priority move?

asianaussie

Smash Hero
DI-ing out of it shouldn't be hard. On the other hand, lots of moves outprioritise it too. If it's aimed at you while you're on the ground, you can probably pivot and punish.

Top Bottom