• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask a Question, Get an Answer Thread~[Read Before Asking a Question]

The Star King

Smash Hero
I forgot to mention that drill moves like Fox's dair or Pika's fair cannot stale as far as I know.

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
Stale moves actually help out a lot with combos. You'll notice the first kirby utilt or falcon uair has a lot more knockback than the other ones
yes, I notice one of the reasons why Pikachu/Kirby can up tilt certain characters repeatedly.

I very rarely notice stale moves in this game hurting any combos.

Sangoku

Smash Master
I have a problem with hosting p2p. It worked perfectly a few days ago, but since yesterday (or the previous day, I don't remember exactly), each time both players tick the "ready" box, the game automatically drops.

Does anyone have an idea of what is going on?

Thanks!

edit: solved, thanks to dandan. It was my kaillera.dll which was not working correctly.

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
Hey all,

Recently my Porject64k version 0.13 started acting up. I Open it and get the error:

"Not enough memory for Jump Table!"

I click OK and it gets followed up by:

"Failed to allocate memory."

Other online emulators like Mupen beta ++ and Mupen64k work fine. I currently have 1GB RAM total with only about half of it used, and have 31GB harddrive space, so I don't think it's something with not enough memory but I could be wrong.

I've tried rebooting multiple times, reinstalling multiple times, to no avail.

If anyone could help me out I would be incredibly grateful.

Thanks in advance =)

ballin4life

Smash Hero
This has probably been asked before, but I just got my USB adapter and the joystick is moving very slowly on the computer, to the point that I can't do smash attacks or run. How do I fix this?
Did you try messing with the deadzone and stick range in your settings?

Also make sure "real n64 stick range" and "raw data" are unchecked (I think that's what they are called)

DMoogle

A$
This has probably been asked before, but I just got my USB adapter and the joystick is moving very slowly on the computer, to the point that I can't do smash attacks or run. How do I fix this?
Make sure you calibrate your controller in addition to what ballin4life said.

DMoogle

A$
How to calibrate controller:
Start -> Run -> game controllers -> Properties -> Settings -> Calibrate...

BTW make sure you have "Raw Data" unchecked, or else you won't be able to play online.

DMoogle

A$
Oh woops, I misread your other post.

Don't worry about the raw data thing, that's for another plugin. Jabo's input plugin will work fine.

TemPesT-

Smash Lord
has anyone ever over come the problem

"not enough memory for jump table!"

followed by

"Failed to allocate memory."

when trying to start up project64?

i did a little bit of searching, and i found malva posted on a few different sites asking for help (thats isai right?), but never found any answers to fixing the problem =/

i already made my own topic about it, but idk i figured i might as well ask in here too

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
If it's any help P64kVE and the Project64 version that comes with normal P64k get the same error.

Sorry for ruining the "1337" number of replies to the thread btw lol

rpotts

Smash Lord
So I came home to the rents for a few days and I've got some decent wired internet here so naturally I've been firin up some pj64. Only problem is, almost every single one of the games I've played, except for a few p2p games, I've had fps troubles. It's drops to as low as 40 or so and will hover around 45-50 for most of the game, usually. I even noticed it happened several games in a row as soon as the wind started blowing on DL, and lasted until the end of the game. The character select screen runs around 50fps, sometimes running normally though. I'm not really sure what I'm asking here, or why, since I'll be leaving really soon and going back to wireless only, worthless for online. Anyway, any ideas?

DMoogle

A$
rpotts, consistent FPS problems sounds like it's your computer, not your internet connection.

First thing you'll want to do is open up the task manager (ctrl + alt + delete) and see if you have any processes that are hogging up resources (especially CPU). If you don't find anything, then you should reduce the graphics settings you run PJ64k at, particularly the resolution.

rpotts

Smash Lord
rpotts, consistent FPS problems sounds like it's your computer, not your internet connection.

First thing you'll want to do is open up the task manager (ctrl + alt + delete) and see if you have any processes that are hogging up resources (especially CPU). If you don't find anything, then you should reduce the graphics settings you run PJ64k at, particularly the resolution.
lol I was thinking about all the things I left out of my post today. I tried lowering the resolution all the way down to 300x400 or even one smaller, and also closed any and all programs, including adaware, deleted my antivirus, turned off windows defender, closed things like adobe and other taskbar programs. I really wouldn't be surprised if it was just my computer, even though it has 4GB ram, it's a piece. I was only running PJ and no one else was using other computers/bandwidth.
Bummer

Purtle

Smash Journeyman
I was asking dandan about this earlier, and I don't think it is possible, but I will ask anyways.

I have a MayFlash N64 adapter. This adapter has 2 ports (can plug in 2 controllers). I was able to have 2 controllers working in an emulator at the same time. I was wondering if it was possible to do an online match that would be able to have 2 people on my computer playing at the same time (thinking about a team match, otherwise playing online against each other would at the same computer would be stupid.).

I doubt it is possible, since most/pretty much no one has 2 people in their family or whatever that play together.

I have an older brother, so I was just curious if it was possible. I don't think it is though

DMoogle

A$
It's technically possible, but I don't think any emulator or Kaillera client (not sure which one would need to have the support) can support it yet.

firo

Smash Ace
It might be possible if you launch two different Project64k instances with different controls for each player, have one use the no sound plugin, and minimze it. Then you can log on twice to the server and just both look at one screen.

sharksquail

Smash Ace
When I ping Galaxy64 in my Kaillera client, I get a ping around 62ms, however when I connect to The Galaxy my ping jumps up to somewhere between 74-84ms. is this normal?

Purtle

Smash Journeyman
It might be possible if you launch two different Project64k instances with different controls for each player, have one use the no sound plugin, and minimze it. Then you can log on twice to the server and just both look at one screen.
Interesting idea.

How do I do the no sound?

dandan

Smash Lord
Interesting idea.

How do I do the no sound?
as you want just the one running in the background to have no sound, i would recommend copying the pj folder so you will have two. in the one you are trying to use for your brother, to get no sound, rename "no sound.dll" to "audiohle.dll" so it will auto load it in online play.

asianaussie

Smash Hero
The mechanics are different. You actually have to be falling before you can fast fall, hence you have to wait until you reach the apex of your jump before you can fast fall.

You *can* SHFFL with any character, it's just less effective for those with low short hops, and your aerial choice is limited.

dch111

Smash Journeyman
Yes. In this game, few characters can short hop, attack, and fastfall (Luigi can as mentioned). In Melee you also have to wait until you're falling, but you can do it in the middle of an attack, so it saves time to bring out the attack first.

The Star King

Smash Hero
That's one of the main reasons that Melee is faster than 64 IMO (as well as air dodging and all its applications, and the fact that you retain the momentum of a dash when you jump).

Top Bottom