• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask a Question, Get an Answer Thread~[Read Before Asking a Question]

asianaussie

Smash Hero
[67D20729-F696774C-C:4A]
Good Name=All Star! Dairantou Smash Brothers (J) [!]
Internal Name=SMASH BROTHERS
RDRAM Size=4
Counter Factor=Default //2
Save Type=First Save Type
CPU Type=Recompiler
Self-modifying code Method=Change Memory
Use TLB=Yes
Linking=Global
Reg Cache=Yes
Use Large Buffer=No
Status=Compatible
Plugin Note=(graphics slow when many effects)

This works for me, I just checked.

We may have different versions of 64k though...

Sangoku

Smash Master
Okay, I just copied what you gave me and changed the name and it works =). Thank you very much.

I went to a japanese server, but I'm on the hotel wireless, so it lags really bad (45-50 fps). They say there is also an ethernet wire so I might try that later.

But the random player (hotman) was still winning easily. Should have been closer if I had my controller and if I didn't lag =(.

Glöwworm

Smash Lord
What's the name of the tournament that had a 64 side event and a bunch of Melee players joined?

SheerMadness

Smash Master
The biggest ssb64 console tourney I've seen was at FC Diamond.

A lot of melee players joined, so that's probably what you're referring to.

asianaussie

Smash Hero
the problem with relying on melee/brawl players to fill your bracket is that most will inevitably lose interest and go to play melee friendlies

unless there is money involved

Glöwworm

Smash Lord
So recently I remembered about that 64 tournament in Japan that happens once a year and if I remember correctly, Olikus happened to be in Japan at the right time and entered. My question is, where can I get more informed about this tournament. I'm planning on going.

I mean, I'd like to try to go :|

Robbie_L

Smash Rookie
Is it normal to start playing online, and then greatly doubting your playing abilities? I've never felt worse at this game in my life. :scared:

Battlecow

Play to Win
Robbie, it's totally normal. Just play a bunch and then you'll be good and you'll be as confident and arrogant as the rest of us again :)

Glow- idk, but I think soon (late July/early August is when it usually is iirc). Your best bet is to ask malva, because he chats with the Japanese on MSN and therefore has a sort of tentative connection to them- no one else does, afaik.

TANK64

Smash Lord
The last one was on August 21st. Idk about this year. Pretty sure it will be the 6th annual Kanto Tournament this year.

Limaçon

Smash Apprentice
PJ64k has stopped sending my input and I have no idea why. I am using dandan's build and I have tried with Nrage 2.2 (the one that has been working for the past week), nrage 1.61, and dinput 1.40. Basically what is happening is I can see my own actions, and whoever's I am playing with, but they don't receive mine. I simply can't tell if it is controller plugin problem, or a network/application problem. Has anyone else had this or know how to solve it?

KnitePhox

Smash Lord
PJ64k has stopped sending my input and I have no idea why. I am using dandan's build and I have tried with Nrage 2.2 (the one that has been working for the past week), nrage 1.61, and dinput 1.40. Basically what is happening is I can see my own actions, and whoever's I am playing with, but they don't receive mine. I simply can't tell if it is controller plugin problem, or a network/application problem. Has anyone else had this or know how to solve it?
fastfix answer without reading past the first sentance:
uncheck raw data.
make sure it doesn't say "none" in the dropdown list.

if those don't work goodluck.

Limaçon

Smash Apprentice
fastfix answer without reading past the first sentance:
uncheck raw data.
make sure it doesn't say "none" in the dropdown list.

if those don't work goodluck.
I made sure the raw data was unchecked, but I don't see any drop down menus in NRage 2.2.

Sangoku

Smash Master
When you're playing on server or p2p? On server it happened to me from time to time, just don't create games, but rather join people's game. I don't know how to fix it though, it just appears randomly (to me at least).

:phone:

tyhiggz

Smash Apprentice
Are there guides for every character?
I know that in a lot of the character discussions someone mentions something about making a guide in them all.
Im wondering if the aforementioned guides are completed.
I would love to learn all that I can from those who know much more than I do on each character.

Olikus

Smash Champion
I know that in a lot of the character discussions someone mentions something about making a guide in them all.
I would love to learn all that I can from those who know much more than I do on each character.
There are some guides, but unfortunatly not guides for all caractehrs. I guess some of the threadmakers got lazy or something. We have a backroom, who may work on some guides idk.

If you have any particular questions just ask, and we answer as good as we can =)

jimmyjoe

Filthy Hori
Premium
I haven't asked, but was wondering this as well.. it would be nice to have a guide before venturing into a new character. Obviously you have to play and experiment/experience to learn, but a little incite from good players who've been there would help.
There may be some guides in the archives, though they could easily be outdated and unifomitive and/or just downright bad.

Limaçon

Smash Apprentice
When you're playing on server or p2p? On server it happened to me from time to time, just don't create games, but rather join people's game. I don't know how to fix it though, it just appears randomly (to me at least).

I tried joining games and it didn't seem to work, even after installing a new instance of pj64k. I'm starting to wonder if it is a network problem, but that simply doesn't make sense to me.

I am having a hard time finding people who will help me test changes on galaxy, so fixing it is going slowly.

Limaçon

Smash Apprentice
I just got it working after restarting my router (so it was a network problem). I have no idea if the router was dropping packets or causing upload latency problems. Next time it happens I will try to investigate it more.

NRage 1.6 doesn't detect my c-buttons for some reason, so hopefully 2.2 won't give me any problems.

jimmyjoe

Filthy Hori
Premium
Hey can anyone give a solid explanation of exactly what range is on the anolog stick settings in the emulator, and how your range/threshold/deadzone settings affect eachother, and ultimately, how this will affect your smashing?
Thanks
I love you all

flamindemon

Smash Rookie
Does everyone use the c buttons to jump?

-Yeah, so i was just wondering if everybody uses the c buttons to jump. Reply!

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
Using the joytick for a full hop (biggest jump) will get you slightly higher than when using the c buttons. However, c-buttons are used for practically every other situation, including short hop smallest jump), etc. I would personally recommend getting in the habit of using down c (physically closest to the A button) for most jump situations.

Limaçon

Smash Apprentice
The only exception for me is DJC with Yoshi is easier for me to time with stick and c.

Battlecow

Play to Win
You sometimes need the stick. Fthrow- Falcon punch mostly only works with stick hop, as do falcon's fthrow-fair combos on floaties.

Olikus

Smash Champion
Can anyone tell me if the Updated Cheat File in the smash index works for *** version too. Or do I need to find thats omewere else. I didnt follow any cheats in it like in the american version.

Limaçon

Smash Apprentice
I am having trouble getting cheats to send at all using dandan's build of pj64k. I had this problem before and just reclicking the necessary cheats fixed it for a couple weeks, but now reticking them doesn't even fix it for the game. I have tried using all three cheat files that come in the bundle and using a known working one from a different installation, but it doesn't make a difference.

All of this is made even harder by people just quitting at the vs screen even when I ask them to tell me if the cheats come up (so I can try reticking the cheat box). I wish more people would be at least somewhat polite, but I guess the few people who have helped me have made up for all the *******s.

Anyone want to play me using mupen++? I would really like to not have to deal with pj64k breaking every week.

[EDIT]: It seems to be working if I re-enable cheats each game, does anyone know of a less annoying fix?

Hiphiphooray

Smash Apprentice
I need help with combo starters with pika. I've been trying to SH > D-air > U-smash, but i'm not very good at it. Can anyone give me some advice to how they do it? I know it will come eventually if i practice it enough, but does anyone have a easy way they do it, like pressing Z and A at the same time or A > Z. Idk, it seems like every other D-air I Fast fall which messes up the timing. Should i try not to FF?

Also, what other combo starters can i practice with pika, like to lead into U-air chains. I know B-air > usmash can work, but that seems even more complicated that D-air > usmash

asianaussie

Smash Hero
It seems to be working if I re-enable cheats each game, does anyone know of a less annoying fix?
Are you playing on server? If so that's probably a server thing, not an emulator thing.

Can anyone tell me if the Updated Cheat File in the smash index works for *** version too. Or do I need to find thats omewere else. I didnt follow any cheats in it like in the american version.
It does not, if I recall correctly.

I need help with combo starters with pika. I've been trying to SH > D-air > U-smash, but i'm not very good at it. Can anyone give me some advice to how they do it? I know it will come eventually if i practice it enough, but does anyone have a easy way they do it, like pressing Z and A at the same time or A > Z. Idk, it seems like every other D-air I Fast fall which messes up the timing. Should i try not to FF?

Also, what other combo starters can i practice with pika, like to lead into U-air chains. I know B-air > usmash can work, but that seems even more complicated that D-air > usmash
You should wait until you're falling (don't use the move as soon as you jump) then hit them, Z-cancel, dash and U-Smash. B-Air to U-Smash isn't technically harder, you just have to know the timing for B-Air and make it so you cancel just as the hitbox comes out. U-Air and F-Air are easier to start with than D-Air is imo. Whether or not you fastfall depends on the situation, mainly whether or not you can cancel immediately or are some distance above the ground.

U-Tilt can lead to U-Air chains in different situations to U-Smash too. Random U-Airs can also lead in.

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
Usmash is nice for people who keep jumping in foolishly, read them and use Usmash while at low %s.

Trying to combo into Usmash is easy ish, for the fact that all pikas air attacks can do this in some / most situations.

Ballin is mostly correct though, in many cases a utilt will do just as well or better.

Sangoku

Smash Master
If I play a 12 character battle and I have 3 stocks against my opponent who has 1. I kill him his last stock, but I'm too far away to get back. If the "gameset" comes out before I lost the life, do I start the next match with 3 or 2? Or another example if we both die becomes of a tornado, but he dies before I do.

Top Bottom