• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask a Question, Get an Answer Thread~[Read Before Asking a Question]

dandan

Smash Lord
actually the server list in the index is not updated, will probably update it later.
you should definitely join the euro smash group, we always welcome new members :)

Sangoku

Smash Master
dandan just told you the servers list isn't updated. Lufia is a past server, so is Evo etc. Just join the msn group and ask people to play. Noobs will tell you the common servers and pros will tell you how to p2p.

The Star King

Smash Hero
Pretty sure you guys knew what I meant (which is all I care about). The same cannot be said in Surri's post, considering an unnecessary argument started because of it.

I actually did realize after I posted it that it sounded awkward, but I didn't bother editing it lol

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
Is it possibly to cancel the jump in a teleport with uptilt, as well as upB/upsmash?

I'm not fluent with the technicalities of teleporting so sorry if it's dumb question.

Olikus

Smash Champion
^ Where have you been? And have you created a paypal account?
Been diving in scicily, pure awesomeness. And yeah I've gotten a paypal now(about time lol). you should still travel to BEAST 2 and pay me cash though >=)

Dragoon Fighter

Smash Lord
I have gotten into brawl hacking, and I have lost my SSB64 texture pack a while ago. Does anyone have a texture dump of these textures?

Dragoon Fighter

Smash Lord
Sorry for the double post, but I wish to know generally speaking, what is the best controller plug in to use online? I ask this because I wish to assign both solder buttons for example as shield and the back soldier buttons as grab, reminiscent of the classic controller on the wii.

arbingordon

Smash Rookie
Could someone give an opinion on how hard the single player is when running this cheat?
800A493A 0005
To me it seems like the CPU is on steroids, but dies easily from normal attacks.

SilentShottt

Smash Cadet
First Post... So it begins.

I have been wondering for the longest time why players in competitive play don't roll / tumble often. I've had the idea that it's slow and it leaves one susceptible to a grab, but I've always felt that it is sometimes necessary. Either way i'd love to get that cleared up. Thanks.

NovaSmash

Banned via Administration
3DS FC
2079-8171-3301
rolling is terrible in competitive play, its predictable and easily punished by good players. Only character u will see competitive players rolling with is kirby and even then its probably not a good idea.

Limaçon

Smash Apprentice
First Post... So it begins.

I have been wondering for the longest time why players in competitive play don't roll / tumble often. I've had the idea that it's slow and it leaves one susceptible to a grab, but I've always felt that it is sometimes necessary. Either way i'd love to get that cleared up. Thanks.
Too slow and predictable. Rolling is very useful for getting to edges and for mindgames, but otherwise dashing or aerial evasion is better for getting out of the way.

I usually don't worry about being grabbed though, most players go for an attack over a grab.

Also rolling a lot makes roll->grabs (which will get punished) more likely to be attempted. If you go to the character sub-forum there is an entire thread on defeating this technique.

That said, I'm sure there are lots of people who are going to disagree with me.

Battlecow

Play to Win
Basically, it's too slow. If you roll, they often have time to turn around and punish you for it when you come out of invincibility.

DMoogle

A$
Speak of rolling and shield pressure, if you're Link and you get caught in your shield against the wall vs. Yoshi spamming uptilts, what's the best way to escape? Ugh Link why do you have to be so slow?

SSBPete

Smash Lord
Lots of people try to jump out but time it poorly and get hit by the utilt as soon as they leave the ground. That being said, I think there is enough time between the attack stun and shield stun to jump out sucessfully. Best option with Link is probably sh dair.

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
It's hard since Link takes approximately 5 trillion frames just to leave the ground on his jump. Combine that with having to unshield and pull out a dair it can be tough to beat a relatively fast Yoshi utilt. I tend to just let the utilt hit and I DI down and into the wall, throwing them off some, hopefully being able to tech roll away.

SSBPete

Smash Lord
It's hard since Link takes approximately 5 trillion frames just to leave the ground on his jump. Combine that with having to unshield and pull out a dair it can be tough to beat a relatively fast Yoshu utilt. I tend to just let the utilt hit and I DI down and into the wall, throwing them off some, hopefully being able to tech roll away.
Shouldn't you at least TRY to jump out and DI similtaneously?

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
It's risk reward. Get caught during the jump and you're further from the ground you might be able to tech into.

The Star King

Smash Hero
I don't think you can jump out. Up-B will clank at best, I think, and then Yoshi can just continue spamming utilt. You're kind of forced to roll.

@ciaza's suggestion I don't think it's hard to react fast enough to do another utilt, especially since you're already spamming them.

:phone:

SSBPete

Smash Lord
@ciaza's suggestion I don't think it's hard to react fast enough to do another utilt, especially since you're already spamming them.

It works all the time, especially on the far left edge of Hyrule, he DI's into the wall and right and simply rolls away because the utilt hitbox isn't big enough.

In the tent it's not quite the same but it easily throws the Yoshi off.

The Star King

Smash Hero
You're right, it actually does work on the small left wall of Hyrule. I was thinking about the wall of the tent. There, Yoshi can easily just utilt again. I've done it a bunch of times.

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
I'm doubtful as to whether another utilt can come out in time before the link techs away, especially if he DIs hard enough, but I guess I should take your word for it if you say you've done it.

gcm29

Smash Rookie
Hi, i am a yoshi main in n64, won a few local tourneys, obv i z-cancel, got DJC like back of hand, really good at tech chasing, and good at comboing (although that ain't saying much with this games hitstun adn sheild stun XD.

My question is tihs:

Is it possible to RECE in N64? I mean, i can ECE easyily, but the egg just doesn't go far enough to disrupt as much as i would like it to, and yoshi seems like he has everything he needs to do it, i just can't figure out a way to grab ledge after turning around on the second jump.

The Star King

Smash Hero
Are you asking if Yoshi can grab the edge with his egg throw when the edge is behind him, like in Melee? If so, the answer is no.

Top Bottom