• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask a Question, Get an Answer Thread~[Read Before Asking a Question]

The Star King

Smash Hero
You can just turn around with his second jump -> down b on the edge lol

It's also possible to grab the edge with a small window at the start of the second jump but it's kind of hard

:phone:

SSBPete

Smash Lord
I saw a video on YouTube a while ago, it was a Japanese combo with Falcon, it was a zero to death that consisted entirely of uairs. It was then redone by another player, with TAS maybe. Has anyone got a link to this video? Maybe favorited or something, because I can't seem to find it anywhere. Thanks.

Battlecow

Play to Win
Ooh, and the remake really is Uairs-only. Nice one, Tambor. TAS tho, right? or maybe not, doesn't say.

The Star King

Smash Hero
Any other one move death combos possible? There's obviously Fox's uair, but I can't think of anything else.

gcm29

Smash Rookie
You can just turn around with his second jump -> down b on the edge lol

It's also possible to grab the edge with a small window at the start of the second jump but it's kind of hard

:phone:

The egg happens AFTER second jump, you see, its off of a ledge hop. Also, @ the other dude, neutral-b to turn around might work, but it would take a RIDICULOUS amount of practice, and it may take to long, but i will try.

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
It's possible to kill a Falcon solely with Ness uairs on Hyrule, working your way up the platforms obviously. It takes 10 hits and does 123% of damage. I'd upload but my computer is rubbish and can't handle fraps.

SSBPete

Smash Lord
Any other one move death combos possible? There's obviously Fox's uair, but I can't think of anything else.
I reckon Luigi could 0-death fire punch Jiggs on MK or Hyrule if the platforms were used correctly.

And thanks Bcow + Ballin for showing me those vids, that was exactly what I was looking for :)

The Star King

Smash Hero
I reckon Luigi could 0-death fire punch Jiggs on MK or Hyrule if the platforms were used correctly.

And thanks Bcow + Ballin for showing me those vids, that was exactly what I was looking for :)
Hmm.. I don't think so. MAYBE.

What ciaza said sounds very plausible, I should have thought of that.

SilentShottt

Smash Cadet
Three Queries.

1. Every time i try to open Project64k on my desktop computer, i get the message : " The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0150002). Click on OK to terminate the application." Project 64k works fine on my laptop. What's the fix to this?

2. I've tried my butt-off to play P2P with one of my friends. I've downloaded the recommended updated online emulator in the INDEX section of the thread started by AsianAussie, I've forwarded the necessary port properly, I even freakin' turn off my firewall whenever i load up project 64k. However, my friend is never able to connect to me. What could be possible problems?

3. Me and my friends are attempting to play P2P due to the fact we lag like crazy (5+ frames) when playing through servers on a "Good" connection. Is there any way to significantly decrease our frame delay?

That is all, it'll brighten up my day heaps if anyone can shine some light onto my situation. I'm going into smash withdrawl. :(

Battlecow

Play to Win
IDK about the first 2 (try redownloading the PJ64k from a different source?) But for the last one- use LAN connection. Everyone does.

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
^Try that first.

Though it took me having to re-install Windows XP in order to solve the problem.

For your P2P problems may I ask what sort of router you use?

SilentShottt

Smash Cadet
No Superboom. I came here to get a question answered, not get condescended upon. Do you feel a sense of superiority that you are meagerly well known on an online forum? Despite how sad that is, you may as well put it to some good use and help others out. I was under the impression this was a professional community, clearly I was mistaken or someone definitely forgot to inform you.

Thank you Battlecow. I just met you today, (Real) in case you remember ;) and yes, after i discovered Egx I have been using LAN as my primary setting, however it hasn't helped the problem (as you first-handedly experienced) very much.

@The Star King, Thanks for the suggestion but I have actually already installing that multiple times to no avail. I reckon a re-install as suggested by Ciaza, although I'm reluctant as I've already re-installed windows on this computer not longer than a week ago. For the modem I'm running, it's a 2WIRE 2701 Gateway Modem.

On top of all of this, I have another question.

I'm experiencing a different problem on my LAPTOP when I try to host or join a P2P. Whenever I press Host or Connect the Connection Window opens up but I cannot see it. I mean, it's in my taskbar but when i hover over it I can only see it's outline, any ideas as to why this is occuring?

Thanks to everyone who responded to my question! It really means a lot to me!

Needless to say Superboom was excluded in the aforementioned.

dandan

Smash Lord
i have written a long *** reply and got 502ed.
just maximize the window and then drag it from the top (guys missing out on my beautiful posts).

clubbadubba

Smash Master
Does anyone have a tested method for cleaning the outside of the controller? Mine is getting a little greasy. I'm hesitant to use water or rubbing alcohol, because I don't want it to accidentally get into the circuitry. What do you guys do?

Limaçon

Smash Apprentice
Does anyone have a tested method for cleaning the outside of the controller? Mine is getting a little greasy. I'm hesitant to use water or rubbing alcohol, because I don't want it to accidentally get into the circuitry. What do you guys do?
I strip mine regularly and soak them in dish soap (it isn't hard at all, and with how sweaty my hands get, completely necessary), this also gives me a chance to put some Slick Honey on the joystick parts (extends the lifetime by a surprising amount).

If you don't strip it, rubbing alcohol evaporates quickly enough that it won't ruin the circuits if you let it dry. I would suggest taking care not to get it in the joystick housing though.

[EDIT]: Soaking in dish soap also does wonders for the buttons.

Sangoku

Smash Master
I have a rom named "Nintendo All-Star! Dairantou Smash Brothers (J) [!].z64" but when I open PJ64k, in the list the name is "All-Star! Dairantou Smash Brothers [!]" (it drops the nintendo) and I can't join japanese's games on their server since their rom is called "Nintendo All-Star! Dairantou Smash Brothers (J) [!].z64". The emulator says I don't own this rom.

Anyone know what I should do? I'm in Taiwan, so I thought I could try to go on japanese server. I don't think hotel's internet are good enough though, but it's worth the trial.

Sangoku

Smash Master
Thank you very much for answering!

However it still says "The rom 'Nintendo All-Star! Dairantou Smash Brothers (J)' is not in your list.". I don't get it, I even tried to download the rom from two different sites, so I don't think my rom is corrupted.

Any ideas? =(

So here is what I have done so far:

-I tried 3 roms from different sources.
-I tried two different emulators (pj64K7E and dandan's one from the index).
-I tried renaming the name in the .rdb file.

Any help greatly appreciated!

asianaussie

Smash Hero
Renaming should work. There are two names in each entry in the rdb file, the display name and the ROM name. Change the display name and reset kaillera.

I've gotten various languages of Pokemon Puzzle League to come up as the games 'Yes' and 'No' for those times when my server's admin goes on a power trip or is high (or both).

tacos

Smash Journeyman
Thank you very much for answering!

However it still says "The rom 'Nintendo All-Star! Dairantou Smash Brothers (J)' is not in your list.". I don't get it, I even tried to download the rom from two different sites, so I don't think my rom is corrupted.

Any ideas? =(

So here is what I have done so far:

-I tried 3 roms from different sources.
-I tried two different emulators (pj64K7E and dandan's one from the index).
-I tried renaming the name in the .rdb file.

Any help greatly appreciated!
Rename the rom in the rbd to wut u want THEN refresh rom lists in pj64. dat should do it

Sangoku

Smash Master
Here is the paragraph where I changed the name (I changed the second line, "Good Name=..."):
Code:
[67D20729-F696774C-C:4A]
Good Name=Nintendo All-Star! Dairantou Smash Brothers (J) [!]
Internal Name=SMASH BROTHERS
CPU Type=Recompiler
Self-modifying code Method=Change Memory
Use TLB=No
Counter Factor=2
Use Large Buffer=No
Status=Compatible
Plugin Note=[video] errors:various
Audio Signal=Yes
MD5=7A791BD3C30C1011825F400C72B7301A
Sync Audio=1
I haven't seen anything else to change. Was that what you were refering to? If yes, then the name appears correctly in the pj64 window (after refreshing), the name appears correctly when I create a game on kaillera, BUT I still can't join games. I keep getting the same "the rom ... isn't in your list" error. Am I missing something? I don't see the two names you mentioned, asianaussie.

Top Bottom