• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask a Question, Get an Answer Thread~[Read Before Asking a Question]

Battlecow

Play to Win
When I wanna go HAX on the DI (which is never on serious matches, because I always feel bad about it afterwards) I take my right hand off of TYU (ABZ) and shift it over to WASD (analog stick) so that I can dual-hand mash with the index fingers. I get hilarious legendaryesque DI that way, but I always have trouble getting back in time to keep playing after I escape the Doug uair chain or whatever.

locopoke

Smash Rookie
Where can I find all of the past tier lists for this game? I know there have been multiple lists but I can't seem to find them anywhere.

asianaussie

Smash Hero
The source for the 'gamefaqs list' has been lost to the mists of eternity.

Top:
Pikachu
Kirby
Ness

High:
Fox
Captain Falcon

Middle
Jigglypuff
Mario
Yoshi

Low
Donkey Kong
Luigi

Bottom
Samus
Link

The Star King

Smash Hero
Ah, the wonderful Gamefaqs list.

Making noobs think Ness is good for years to come. Such pain you have caused us.

ballin4life

Smash Hero
I still don't understand your claim that Ness is soooo much better at low levels of play. No matter what he gets gimped super easily.

If we're going to assume Ness can do DJC combos then we have to assume a higher level of play for other characters as well.

The Star King

Smash Hero
Too many variables at low level play to really say. If they're assumed to have practiced a limited amount of techniques, it depends on what they've chosen to practice. Some people may choose to learn short hopping first, some z-canceling, some teching, etc.

asianaussie

Smash Hero
a friend of mine actually commented that ness' up and down aerials have less lag on them than any other in the game, which was half of his reasoning for him being the best in the game (the other half being recovery ._.)

additionally, he said that the strong throws combined with down aerial was an amazing combo (i think he meant it in the burger and fries sense though) and that he was an anticamper due to psi magnet

The Star King

Smash Hero
No, there are pretty much only two tier lists.

I still can't get over the fact that a famous Pokemon player is getting into Smash64 lol

asianaussie

Smash Hero
I don't think any other ones were really accepted widely...maybe some ancient Gamefaqs guy knows some

there was SmasherLink's super legit list with Link at the top and Mario in bottom tier or something

LOL IS IT *THAT* LOCOPOKE

oh man, that's awesome

The Star King

Smash Hero
OK I doubt that's actually JabbaTheGriffin, somebody probably decided, "Hey this would be pretty funny".

Sounds like something I would come up with >_>

locopoke

Smash Rookie
I'm an avid smash64 player, jabba and I want to know why Kirby isn't ranked 1st on any tier list. (this is really us nobody's impersonating)

JabbaTheGriffin

Smash Rookie
nah it's me. me and loco have been discussing smash64 tiering for the past couple days (he's been playing a lot online and i'm about to start getting into it) and we're convinced kirby is the best so we want to see a tier list that agrees with us (for personal justification i guess lol)

asianaussie

Smash Hero
because kirby isn't as good as pika

it's debatable as to whether he is better than fox (i think kirby is about the same), but fox has better matchups against campers, hence he is higher

here's an U-Tilt tier list

S
Kirby

A
Pika
Yoshi
Link

B
Ness
Fox
Jiggs
Luigi
Mario

C
DK
Falcon
Samus

asianaussie

Smash Hero
you're right this should be in the social thread

the backroom social thread

btw does luigi's u-tilt actually reach higher than mario's? i sorta assumed...

KnitePhox

Smash Lord
Problem:Might be hosting a live ssb64 tourney (prob casualfegs, but whatev) at an anime convention (ACen) in May and have no idea how to setup/manage tourney brackets.

Question:Could anyone point me in the right direction/give advice on how to bracket and manage things like byes or Winner's/Loser's in a probably 8/12/16/24 man bracket?

Any help GREATLY appreciated.

Ocean

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
OCEAN#0
download TIO. byes, winners, and losers will all be done for you.

the basics of seeding are to try not to place anyone at a similar skill level against each other 1st round. keep higher level players on opposite sides of the bracket so they don't play each other early on.

but really, if it's a anime convention, you shouldn't be too worried about seeding and brackets.

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
AFAIK it's something to do with the character count of the post. Believe me I've been warned enough to know that it's not based on size.

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
AFAIK it's something to do with the character count of the post. Believe me I've been warned enough to know that it's not based on size.
If the sig is larger than the post itself, its breaking the rules.

SWF usually auto-disables them if this ever happens, but some slip through.

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
I certainly know it's against the rules, but if some slip-through it would suggest that pixel height size is not used when the system disables them or not. This is why I believe it is character count or something similar, I remember Star King being curious when his sig generally showed up whenever he quoted someone which sorta lead me to the theory as quoting someone adds a bit to the character count.

But I could be totally wrong, who knows.

DMoogle

A$
I'm pretty sure it's character count, or else images would likely be automatically disabled as well when they are larger than the post content.

Battlecow

Play to Win
I always have to disable my sig manually when responding to people with short posts.

It's hella annoying.

The Star King

Smash Hero
I certainly know it's against the rules, but if some slip-through it would suggest that pixel height size is not used when the system disables them or not. This is why I believe it is character count or something similar, I remember Star King being curious when his sig generally showed up whenever he quoted someone which sorta lead me to the theory as quoting someone adds a bit to the character count.

But I could be totally wrong, who knows.
The strange thing is quoting someone doesn't add to the 10 char limit. But apparently it does for the character count to determine whether or not you signature appears.

Shibbypod

BIM
Slippi.gg
SHIB#55
Hey peeps. I'm interested in starting to play online, and was wondering about controllers or controller adapters. I was mostly a melee player, so I am most comfortable with the Gamecube controller. I would pretty much rather just not play online if I have to end up using a keyboard, and I have tried the Xbox 360 wired controller and it feels so un natural, and I keep using my B moves instead of 'Up-B' when coming back to the edge (never a problem on console or on virtual console). Any suggestions?

If this has already been asked, you will have to forgive me for not reading all 214 previous pages of this thread.

Top Bottom