• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask a Question, Get an Answer Thread~[Read Before Asking a Question]

Battlecow

Play to Win
I don't know a whole hell of a lot about controllers (Mostly KB myself), but your B-moves stuff could be a problem with your range or deadzone or something- have you tried fooling around with those?

Hopefully someone who knows more than me will come around and give you a better answer soon.

The Star King

Smash Hero
Battlecow made me realize in the ladder thread that I forgot to post my announcement, so here it is:

Notice how he left out WHO he was going to challenge. That's because he knows he'll have to challenge ME, the new #1 ladder champ. Dunno why he thinks he'd get 5-6 frames with me.
Because I'm moving to Alaska, obviously. Haven't I told you guys? My new job is to warn the Russians of the inevitable American invasion, using signal fires. In my spare time, I plan on revolutionizing the Alaskan Smash 64 competitive scene with my new ideas involving planking with Samus and applying Yoshi's dtilt infinite. Of course, Alaska is already extremely good at this game - they've got all five of the top Luigi players in the world - but hopefully my Ukrainian/Korean perspective will be able to bring to something new to the table.
OOPS WRONG THREAD. Obviously meant to be in the real life pics thread.

Battlecow

Play to Win
Dude, you're like, the anti-America. USSR+Korea, all in one bite-sized package. How has your contact with american soil not caused a tremendous quantum explosion?

The Star King

Smash Hero
I'm also an Islamic terrorist.

Oops did I say post that out loud?

Besides, if I'm so anti-American, why did Sarah Palin invite me for a SMASH FEST: KIRBY DITTO MARATHON? Yeah, that's right, buddy, I got connections.

Only North Korea is anti-American you noob.

Battlecow

Play to Win
I'm also an Islamic terrorist.

Oops did I say post that out loud?

Besides, if I'm so anti-American, why did Sarah Palin invite me for a SMASH FEST: KIRBY DITTO MARATHON? Yeah, that's right, buddy, I got connections.

Only North Korea is anti-American you noob.
Na bro South Korea's anti-american too. Sucking up all our money by demanding tens of thousands of soldiers to protect them from harmless North Koreans just so that they can beat us at Starcraft due to our woefully underfunded Starcraft program.

And Sarah Palin's not a real American.

And NICE TRY with the Islam trying to lead me and the NCTE down the wrong track with a red herring. I've built up a complex psychological profile of you, and I know that you worship no God other than yourself.

The Star King

Smash Hero
And NICE TRY with the Islam trying to lead me and the NCTE down the wrong track with a red herring. I've built up a complex psychological profile of you, and I know that you worship no God other than yourself.
Just noticed this. Holy ****, you nailed it. It appears I've underestimated you.

And so, now it truly begins! This shall be a battle for the ages.

Battlecow

Play to Win
Trying to kill me with self-confidence won't work either. I know that I must lose; know that, in the face of your celestial intellect, there is no real hope of victory. But be aware of this, The Star King- My life will be as a thorn in your side, and my dying breath shall be an indictment of you, and someday, a true American with the power to end this madness shall emerge.

Lay on, Star King! And damned be he who first cries, "hold, enough"!

ballin4life

Smash Hero
Na bro South Korea's anti-american too. Sucking up all our money by demanding tens of thousands of soldiers to protect them from harmless North Koreans just so that they can beat us at Starcraft due to our woefully underfunded Starcraft program.
You got this one backwards mayne. America all up in that (I agree that it's sucking up our money, but it's not because of South Korea's demands, it's because the government wants to have military presence everywhere)

ok that got way too political ...

STALIN4LIFE OUT

The Star King

Smash Hero
Trying to kill me with self-confidence won't work either. I know that I must lose; know that, in the face of your celestial intellect, there is no real hope of victory. But be aware of this, The Star King- My life will be as a thorn in your side, and my dying breath shall be an indictment of you, and someday, a true American with the power to end this madness shall emerge.

Lay on, Star King! And damned be he who first cries, "hold, enough"!
The fact that you're naive enough to believe in a future hero amuses me. What will spawn such an individual? The non-existent natural goodness of mankind? Mankind itself is not even anywhere near a thorn in my side, let alone a single man. Does it take effort to crush an ant, struggling against its inevitable demise? You humans are insects railing against the heavens, and fail to comprehend that sacrificing yourself accomplishes nothing. Don't let me impede you from giving up your life in vain, but know that your pathetic resistance is futile.

STALIN4LIFE OUT
Don't give your true identity away, you fool!

hey guys what's going on in this thread?
Don't mind us. Smash64 posters are bat**** insane.

Battlecow

Play to Win
You humans are insects railing against the heavens
Uhai- nomad-archers! Nomad-archers- Genghis Khan! Genghis Khan- Tamburlain! Tamburlain- Marlowe! Marlowe- Homosexual atheists! Homosexual atheists- Abraham Lincoln! Abraham Lincoln- Vampires! Vampires- Transylvania! Transylvania- Hapsburgs! Hapsburgs- ridiculously large chins! Ridiculously large chins- Ridiculously large facial features in general! Ridiculously large facial features in general- Huge noses! Huge noses- Jews Cyrano de Bergerac!

That much was easy, but what you didn't expect me to realize was that the central theme of Cyrano de Bergerac is hubris! You're subliminally telling me that hubris will be your downfall, which is what I was already thinking, and the reason that I built you up with comments about your celestial intelligence. Clever. But now I'm letting you know that I know that you know that I know that you know that my defeat is not a foregone conclusion... and that I MYSELF am the prophesied hero. All our cards are on the table, Kingstar.

Call your minions. I will break their swords beneath me like twigs beneath the stallion's hooves.

The Star King

Smash Hero
You caught my Fire Emblem reference. Your extensive knowledge is as impressive as always. However, your desperate attempts to derive a weakness from such a reference with vague links between random things is pitiful. Hubris is my greatest strength, not my weakness.

I am the present, and I am the future. I laugh at your beloved prophecy. Whether you choose to accept it or not, my victory is as certain as tomorrow's sunrise.

Battlecow

Play to Win
I caught your Blazing Sword reference, but you apparently did not catch mine. Your game is slipping, young one, and I think you're beginning to worry. To one who is king of all stars, tomorrow's sunrise might seem a certainty indeed, but humanity lives in perpetual subconscious fear of the sunrise that does not come, of eternal night. To you, the sun is but one of many astral bodies which can be bent to your will, but to us, it is the source of all life. To you, it is a ball of burning gas, a furnace that can furnish you with 3.86×10^26 Joules per second, but to us, it is Ra and Svarog and Awando and Helios and Tonatiuh and Ri Gong Ri Guang Pu Sa. This is why you will never triumph.

I use Project64k 1.3, is there a more recent version?
I think you mean 0.13?
There are many, but your best bet is to take that, swap a couple of plugins (Jabo's 3d8 graphics plugin for the 3d7, and Ownasaurus' Kaillera client for the one they give you in there) , and play with that.

The Star King

Smash Hero
I only played like halfway through that game. Conquering the world is a tad time consuming.

You're right. Humanity subconsciously fears no sunrise. But this only shows the foolishness of mankind, nothing more.

Battlecow

Play to Win
Ha! His post is smaller than his signature!

GET HIM, SWF MODS! HOLD HIM UNTIL THE NCTE GETS THERE!

Battlecow

Play to Win
We'll see who's the fool when you're WARNED! a couple of those babies, and you'll be INFRACTED! If I can trick you into getting 6 infraction points in the next month or so, it's Check and Mate.

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
Anyone who knows anything about laptops, help me out here.

When I open p64k and run smash, my cpu hits 50% and stays there somewhat consistently. This creates semi-frequent lag spikes which make the game so much less playable. This happens offline as well, so its definitely my computer. It has nothing to do with the graphics plugin or the size of the window, and I don't have a virus.

This happened once before and it was due to me using an incompatible battery which made my laptop not run at optimal performance. Last time, I yanked the battery, retstarted my laptop, and the game was fine.

Now the problem has come back but the battery is already removed and I am running out of ideas why p64k would consume so much cpu.

any and all help would be awesome

Shibbypod

BIM
Slippi.gg
SHIB#55
I don't know a whole hell of a lot about controllers (Mostly KB myself), but your B-moves stuff could be a problem with your range or deadzone or something- have you tried fooling around with those?

Hopefully someone who knows more than me will come around and give you a better answer soon.
thanks for the advice, I have only configured the joystick a couple times, and it still isn't perfect. I will try to mess with it a little more. I would like to use one of those gamecube adaptors you guys are talking about, I'd probably get an N64 one as well, I like both controllers for smash.

EDIT: Would you guys check these out and let me know what you think?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Mayflash-Gamecu...t=Video_Games_Accessories&hash=item4156e19ef7

http://cgi.ebay.com/Dual-2-Port-Nin...oysticks_Game_Controllers&hash=item27b36af165

http://www.raphnet-tech.com/products/gc_n64_usb_adapters/index.php

firo

Smash Ace
Your second or third links are fine, not the first. Get the mayflash if you want two ports, or the raphnet one if you also want a gamecube adapter.

Battlecow

Play to Win
I have the mayflash. It works... OK? I have to turn the range up to 100 and the deadzone to 0 to be able to move semi-normally, whereas on console the controllers work fine. That's probably a problem with me being stupid and not the adapter being bad though.

Battlecow

Play to Win
Boom, ix-nay on the eetoopee-pay.

What means this "calibrate"? I thought that was what ****ing with your range and deadzone was.

Shibbypod

BIM
Slippi.gg
SHIB#55
I'll most likely get the third one, it would be nice to play with both GC and N64 controllers, although it will only do one at a time. I am going to try to play tonight with my 360 controller if I can get everything working within the next 15 minutes.

ballin4life

Smash Hero
Anyone who knows anything about laptops, help me out here.

When I open p64k and run smash, my cpu hits 50% and stays there somewhat consistently. This creates semi-frequent lag spikes which make the game so much less playable. This happens offline as well, so its definitely my computer. It has nothing to do with the graphics plugin or the size of the window, and I don't have a virus.

This happened once before and it was due to me using an incompatible battery which made my laptop not run at optimal performance. Last time, I yanked the battery, retstarted my laptop, and the game was fine.

Now the problem has come back but the battery is already removed and I am running out of ideas why p64k would consume so much cpu.

any and all help would be awesome
Did you try running a Defrag/Scandisk/MalwareBytes?

Also WTF at battery I only use my laptop plugged in lol (plugged in gives better performance too)

dandan

Smash Lord
i hope you do not keep your laptop connected when it is off, as it lowers the battery life.

Sangoku

Smash Master
I thought this wasn't true anymore with lithium-ion battery?

I read that since they explode easily, the control is really precise in the sense that it doesn't get charged more than necessary when full.

Ocean

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
OCEAN#0
i hope you do not keep your laptop connected when it is off, as it lowers the battery life.
this is false. computers now do not send a charge to the battery once it is fully charged.

dandan

Smash Lord
my notebook (not netbook) battery lasts for about 6 hours. you just need to know how to take care of your hardware.

Ocean

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
OCEAN#0
of course your notebook's battery is going to last a lot longer than a laptop's, they are built differently. notebooks don't draw near as much as power as laptops.

ballin4life, did you let your battery die and then fully recharge it the first time you used it? if you didn't, that's probably why your battery life is so low.
not that it matters, since you never use the battery. neither do I in my laptop.

Top Bottom