• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask a Question, Get an Answer Thread~[Read Before Asking a Question]

Dsc

Smash Ace
He said he was p2ping Reaper.
So, FAIR on the outside, REST on the inside. Where are them TAS'.

The Star King

Smash Hero
Did you get hit after the "fair"?

Maybe you traded with an up-b or someth- wait, invincibility frames on the beginning of the rest makes that impossible. Yeah, thought of that mid-post, don't hate.

I lol'd at "frame perfect child sacrifice".

sharksquail

Smash Ace
Ness's extended horizontal DJC. will someone explain how to do this i can only seem to get it to work with d-air about 30% of the time

HellxBound

Smash Cadet
Has this site ever had a ness guide? The ness discussion thread is just a big argument about kb vs controller and calling aa a jew, and searching didn't find a guide either. Yes I do realise most people here hate ness.

Olikus

Smash Champion
Has this site ever had a ness guide? The ness discussion thread is just a big argument about kb vs controller and calling aa a jew, and searching didn't find a guide either. Yes I do realise most people here hate ness.
I think the BR making guides for the caracther threads that dont have guides, if im not wrong. But hard to say, they dont share much information in public so far.

Peek~

Smash Lord
The ness discussion thread is just a big argument about kb vs controller
Its only 2 pages or so (10 post display here). Peek~ will make sure it dont get off topic anymore

Ask what you need there and we'll answer.
Just dont say anything that might lead to off topic discussion. Keep it Ness bro

Gammelnorsk

Smash Ace
question

suppose i was trying to do a no jump style

and i main samus

does up b count as jumping

maybe its pseudo-jumping

Fynal

Smash Journeyman
i would say it doesnt...

the same way grounded yoshi downB isnt really a jump

falcon's upB on the other hand is a lot more jumpy

4 Aces

Smash Ace
I don't really play SSB64 competitively, although I do know how to Z-cancel (and anything that can carry over from Melee), but I don't play SSB64 outside of the occasional casual matches.

Now that that's aside, how does this part of the community work? It seems like everyone plays online now. Do people still hold smashfests? And drive across state/country to play with each other? How big was the competitive scene back then? I was asking because I never see anyone post or mention something like this.

Ever.

Olikus

Smash Champion
I don't really play SSB64 competitively, although I do know how to Z-cancel (and anything that can carry over from Melee), but I don't play SSB64 outside of the occasional casual matches.

Now that that's aside, how does this part of the community work? It seems like everyone plays online now. Do people still hold smashfests? And drive across state/country to play with each other? How big was the competitive scene back then? I was asking because I never see anyone post or mention something like this.

Ever.
If you go on the melee and 64 thread, you will see competitive 64 long down on the side. So theyr all there. I dont know why they dont get posted in the tournament thread, so others cant see. Werid imo. But outside California there are rarely live tourneys. But its going to be a semi-large tourney in mississipi in August. And genesis 2 ofc.

Blade689

Smash Journeyman
are you in the bay area? if so, pm me and you can play a bunch of people. either me, or contact Darth. He's like a tournament director for the Bay area. Other places.... idk.

ballin4life

Smash Hero

Ever.
Most people play online. In California we have some console tourneys about once every month or two. And yes there are smashfests on occasion.

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
Some places have a strong 64 community, while others have one or two people. Take Victoria BC for example. A year ago, we had about 8 to 10 people that would enter a 64 event (same number as melee and brawl). So we had a 64 event at each of our biweeklies. Now, I'm basically the only person left, so there are no 64 events happening anymore (our smash community died a bit actually).

So it all depends on location more or less, and if there is a good smash 64 scene in the area.

But yes, most people do play online now. For some people, that's the only way they can play other people, while for others (like me), it was the only way to play people at their level.

NovaSmash

Banned via Administration
3DS FC
2079-8171-3301
can someone move the competitive events to the top of the page with smash vids and character discussion so people can see it

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
I guess Boom's the only person here who knows who my avatar is :p

But yeah, a couple of the BC brawlers decided to have one guy (Firefly)'s grade 8(ish) school picture as their avatar. I just decided to join in :p

I completely forgot I changed it lol

CreepinItReal

Smash Rookie
I don't really want to waste my class time reading through this forum so, can some explain the following.
1. Dair
2. Uair
3. Grab
4. Utilt
5. Bair
6. Dsmash
7. Usmash
8. JAB
9. Nair
10. Fair
11. Di

I know it is rookie stuff but I'm new at this whole thing

ballin4life

Smash Hero
I don't really want to waste my class time reading through this forum so, can some explain the following.
1. Dair
2. Uair
3. Grab
4. Utilt
5. Bair
6. Dsmash
7. Usmash
8. JAB
9. Nair
10. Fair
11. Di

I know it is rookie stuff but I'm new at this whole thing
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=80690

basically the first letter refers to the control stick direction, and the rest refers to the type of attack - aerial, tilt, smash etc

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=80947

Battlecow

Play to Win
Before asking any more simple "what's this" questions, just read the first post in the Smash index. It's worth the 5 minutes or whatever.

Dsc

Smash Ace
so, im using an xbox 360 GLOW controller..and heres the problem.
i leave the analogue stick...and during the menu, it starts to go down up etc by itself, but it fixes when i rotate the analogue stick around. now, during the character select/gameplay, when i tilt right...the hand starts to go down/when recovering from the left(holds right obviously), i fast fall and usually die.
ive recab'd many times, im using nRage 1.83. THANKS

Dragoon Fighter

Smash Lord
so, im using an xbox 360 GLOW controller..and heres the problem.
i leave the analogue stick...and during the menu, it starts to go down up etc by itself, but it fixes when i rotate the analogue stick around. now, during the character select/gameplay, when i tilt right...the hand starts to go down/when recovering from the left(holds right obviously), i fast fall and usually die.
ive recab'd many times, im using nRage 1.83. THANKS
Try more dead zone.

IYM!

Smash Lord
hello,

is first time than i write here, so i hope be in the right place

my Question is:

is posible make a hack to Balance the game? or Alredy exist this mod?

Smash brawl have many modes, like BBrawl , this one try to balance the game with ou changing his physical feeling.

will be good know if there are a mode like that for SSB64

thanks for your time :)

dandan

Smash Lord
smash64 is way more balanced then the other smash games.
yeah some chars are better than others, but any char can be any other.
just play and have fun :D

3mmanu3lrc

Smash Lord
^^^ This
@IYM! If you're planning on moving into the smash world, SSB64 is your best/smartest option.

IYM!

Smash Lord
smash64 is way more balanced then the other smash games.
yeah some chars are better than others, but any char can be any other.
just play and have fun :D
no, it isnt, Samus is crap in ssb64, Link dont have recovery (is REALY BAD) and Kirby is too strong with huge hitboxes.

i play Smash since 2001, i started with Smash 64, and i still play it sometimes, if already is posible hack the Smash brawl and make modes like Balanced Brawl ( this one is make the game more balance fixing the bad characters) i thing is posible edit the smash 64.

that is the reason of my question.

^^^ This
@IYM! If you're planning on moving into the smash world, SSB64 is your best/smartest option.
???

i play smash since 2001, i started with SSB64, always mainig Link.

i played that game as a happy n00b, with items with my friends or alone.

After two years i could play melee, was fun and so fast, at the same way than 64, i used to play it with items and without knowing anything about the competitive scence.

in 2006 i started with the first competitive scence, but always in FD (yeah the all comon mistake when you start alone the competitive play).

after came brawl and the same story (exept for the items part :p and the FD staling :p)

i played brawl for 2 years, but when i started to see Project M and his fights, my love for melee started to burn like hundred of suns again.

i still playing Brawl sometimes, but melee is better :)

WOOw, i did a very long answer :p

DMoogle

A$
I think you'll find that the overwhelming consensus is that Smash 64 is WAY, WAY more balanced than both Melee and Brawl. The difference between Samus and Pika is hugely smaller than the difference between Pichu and Fox or Meta Knight and Ganondorf (or whoever the current top and bottom tier characters are for those games).

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
Wow, if I didn't know better, I would have said I made those posts. Though he doesn't use enough :p's...

Anyways, back on track, no, as far as I'm aware, there is no hack made yet. However, it is possible, and people have tried to do it. However, since there doesn't need to be that much of a change to balance the game, it has never gone through.

IYM!

Smash Lord
maybe giving a buf in the Samus and Link recovery...

these Characters are too bad, and dont have anything to do agains a pikachu or a Kirby :(

i saw some Issai matches, he is a realy good link. No, the Best 64 Link ever, but with a better recovery he could have a better reguard for being good.

please conciderate this.

Top Bottom