• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask a Question, Get an Answer Thread~[Read Before Asking a Question]

locopoke

Smash Rookie
Gameshark codes?

I'm kind of new to this community but I was wondering if anybody had any Gameshark codes. The ones I'm specifically looking for are codes for new stages or just a Final Destination code (if that exists?).

If any of you have these codes or can direct me to some gameshark thread that would be cool:woman:

Blade689

Smash Journeyman
those codes are only for the emulator. I think he is asking about listed codes specific for the old gameshark cartage.

earla

Smash Lord
help setup prob 2.

i have windows vista. project64KVE

n64 controller + usb adapter + laptop.

the moment i go online my settings offline are ignored? any ideas?

my settings are:
Jabo's Direct3D8 1.6
Jabo's DirectSound 1.40
N-Rage`s Direct-Input8 1.61

offline everything works fine. no idea why online it ignores all my settings.

help

blaze3927

Smash Ace
G'day, i'm James from the server
Post what plugins your using, and are you using windows vista 64bit or 32bit? and which settings are ignored?
controller/video/sound ?

earla

Smash Lord
i just posted the graphics sound and controller plugins above^

32 bit

Jabo's DirectSound 1.40 is replaced with the default Azimer's Audio v0.30 (Old Driver) i think. because offline if i use azimers the audio is choppy. with jabos its fine.

N-Rage`s Direct-Input8 1.61 < and i think this is ignored because my controller only works with that setting

HellxBound

Smash Cadet
As a temporary workaround, you can rename the plugins so that when it goes to load the one with the name of the plugin you don't want, it's actually loading the disguised plugin you do want.

--------------

Do people who play with controller use 'up' to jump when they want the extra height it gives compared to full-hop c? I find up really awkward and slower than pressing c.

asianaussie

Smash Hero
Back up all your plugins, then rename the actual plugin files (dll) in the plugin folder.

Delete AudioHLE.dll and Jabo_DInput.dll

Rename the desired Jabo's audio to AudioHLE.dll is at the moment.
Rename nRage to Jabo_DInput.dll

earla

Smash Lord
current controller dll could not be used please select another one << is what it kept popping up

asianaussie

Smash Hero
Rename nRage as I specified, then change your chosen input plugin (Options > Settings or just Shift-T iirc) to Jabo's. That'll load nRage under the name of Jabo's.

If that doesn't work, try changing the version of PJ64k you're using. The links by dandan and WOTG in the smash index (first quoted bit) are variants on the one I linked you already.

If that still doesn't work, wait 3 days until I'm back to Australia and have access to my own version of 64kVE :\

earla

Smash Lord
i got the controller working online.

i just need to remove the audio plugin that i don't need. need to remove>

Azimer's Audio v0.30 (Old Driver) - what is the plugin FILE NAME .dll that i need to remove?

u sure its AudioHLE.dll ???

earla

Smash Lord
if i remove azimers (AudioHLE.dll ) it doesn't load ANY audio file even tho i have Jabo's DirectSound 1.40 in the plugins folder.

EDIT: FIXED ALL GOOD.

big thanks to anyone kind enough to help setup.

blaze3927

Smash Ace
i found a reinstall helped fix my problems
@star king you sure, i swear it looks like yoshi is turning around at the start of his jump animation

blaze3927

Smash Ace
I like how people who have Vista blame Vista for every problem they have.

No it is not a Vista problem
project 64k - works fine in windows xp
project 64k - doesn't work well in windows vista
project64kVE- doesn't work well in windows vista

problem-windows vista

pretty conclusive really.

dandan

Smash Lord
actually it is the 3d6 plugin that does not work with vista, and when you change the plugin name, it works well.

HellxBound

Smash Cadet
I RESTED with Jiggz fair. Completely by accident and I have no idea how. I was vsing DK on dream, his last stock so I was going for a stupid jump in > rest without a utilt setup or similar, and may have accidently pressed a instead of b, but the animation was definitely me fairing through DK, and the KB and ping sound effect were definitely that of rest. It ko'd DK at 80%. Anyone ever seen this/know how it's done?

Peek~

Smash Lord
I RESTED with Jiggz fair. Completely by accident and I have no idea how. I was vsing DK on dream, his last stock so I was going for a stupid jump in > rest without a utilt setup or similar, and may have accidently pressed a instead of b, but the animation was definitely me fairing through DK, and the KB and ping sound effect were definitely that of rest. It ko'd DK at 80%. Anyone ever seen this/know how it's done?
Fair -> Rest?

Yeah pretty common among juggy players

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
sounds like your fair hit his upb and both moves canceled and then you rested directly after.

that or you're god \(o_o)/

The Star King

Smash Hero
Fair -> Rest?

Yeah pretty common among juggy players
Judging from his description he meant that the Fair had the knockback of a Rest, not a Fair -> rest combo.

sounds like your fair hit his upb and both moves canceled and then you rested directly after.
I'm pretty sure you can't clank with an aerial and have it canceled (that may have been poorly worded)

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
Nah, not clank, like both hits connected in the air and both characters took damage but they both canceled eachother's animation instantly.

Happens a lot to me.

If thats not what he is talking about, then the first thing peek said. Maybe a weak fair into quick rest

HellxBound

Smash Cadet
I don't think it was an fair > rest because there was no rest animation at any time. I didn't see DK up-b but I guess he could have...

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
What percentage was DK on? If he was on like 100%+ or something you might of just misheard the ping sound.

HellxBound

Smash Cadet
You're saying Jiggs did not go to sleep?
Exactly, it was just an fair animation, I could've then ran around or done whatever I felt like, but it was game set very quickly as that was DK's last stock.

80% ciaza. I was p2ping with Reaper, he saw and heard it too and also thought 'wft?".

Battlecow

Play to Win
Oh no! HellxBound has discovered the rest cancel, my super secret technique! Gone is my dream of eternal smash domination. I thought that no other player could possibly discover how a frame-perfect child sacrifice would allow your Jigglypuff to harness the power of the great Lord Shaitan into a fair!

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
Add this **** to the advanced techniques list

you sure it wasnt like, a 3 person ffa, and ness was doing a fsmash somewhere?

Top Bottom