• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask a Question, Get an Answer Thread~[Read Before Asking a Question]

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
learn to DI out of his dair and try not to get jabbed.

utilt them to high percent and then follow up the fair combos or weak bair to nair.

You need to abuse his bad recovery, edgeguard him all day.

He has some killer combos once get gets you in the tent or if you cant di his drill to utilt/jab usmash.

try to make him approach you with aerials then utilt.

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
with fox a big part i feel is, dont let your self get overwhelmed.

It's easy to get lost in the speed of a good fox...try to keep your head and space properly.

like Kuzi said, his Recovery is BAAAD, use simple gimps to make for some easy low % kills

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
If you mean ledge stall, then just jump diagonally up and away from the stage for a short time then use your upb's invincibility frames to grab the ledge.

you have to practice it quite awhile to get the timing down.

As for the first one, I am forever unable to accomplish it due to my lack of a joystick :(

However, you can find the answer in the compiled techs list

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
by double Up B do you mean..double upwards UpB?

if so its based around getting the perfect angle on your joystick...as kuzi said you can find the exact degree in the tech list im pretty sure. I dont think it's valid in actual play though

Kaffei

Smash Hero
Hey guys, I have another question about Kirby.

I was fooling around and I found something weird. It has probably been discovered, but I'd like to know more about it.

Basically, I ran forward, pivoted, and pressed up B and I slid REAALLY REALLY far. Almost the size of Dreamland. Why does this happen and how can I do it again?

asianaussie

Smash Hero
It's about as useful as a grounded Final Cutter is. It's merely a surprise way to hit an opponent with Final Cutter. Props to anyone who spikes with it.

3mmanu3lrc

Smash Lord
Actually that's doable with most of the characters (if not all of them)... but in the japaneese version, it's better.
I've tested it.

felipe_9595

Smash Lord
Hey guys, I have another question about Kirby.

I was fooling around and I found something weird. It has probably been discovered, but I'd like to know more about it.

Basically, I ran forward, pivoted, and pressed up B and I slid REAALLY REALLY far. Almost the size of Dreamland. Why does this happen and how can I do it again?
Pretty old, alpha have been doing that since .... 2 years ago xDDD?

Sliding up b xD

Dk can do an Sliding Up smash O_o

leffen

Smash Champion
Hey guys, sup? I recently started messing around with 64, and im having mad problems short hoping :<
I know you should use C buttons , but isnt there a way to make 1 key always short hop?
My ideas so far is a software of the likes of the g15 keyboards... ( where you can bind a macro to a button, and in this macro you can control how long you hold down the keys ) but I cant find anything good = /.

help would be really appriciated.

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
if you set a key to any C-Button you'll have a button that'll always short hop if you press it properly.

You CAN short hop normally with a keyboard.

Dont use macros.

3mmanu3lrc

Smash Lord
Hey guys, sup? I recently started messing around with 64, and im having mad problems short hoping :<
I know you should use C buttons , but isnt there a way to make 1 key always short hop?
My ideas so far is a software of the likes of the g15 keyboards... ( where you can bind a macro to a button, and in this macro you can control how long you hold down the keys ) but I cant find anything good = /.

A software for that... sounds interesting, never thought about it...
I'm gonna try to develop it know, I'll let you know if I get to do it.

leffen

Smash Champion
if you set a key to any C-Button you'll have a button that'll always short hop if you press it properly.

You CAN short hop normally with a keyboard.

Dont use macros.
Yeah but doing it on a wierd laptop when ur just testing the game is kinda... gay.
Gonna start playing seriously ( aka using a gc adapter- where do you get these btw ? ) if i like it.

Kaffei

Smash Hero

Just practice. I used to have this problem and I can SH 100% using the spacebar lolz.

BY THE WAY, Where can I find frame data for KIRBY?

Battlecow

Play to Win
Yeah but doing it on a wierd laptop when ur just testing the game is kinda... gay.
Gonna start playing seriously ( aka using a gc adapter- where do you get these btw ? ) if i like it.
KB shorthops will take you about five minutes to learn if you really try- just tap the damn thing lightly. Macro'ing is kinda frowned upon, but I suppose if you're trying out the game, it's OK- I know mad-fighter or someone in europe has a macro to allow ff-uairing, and I imagine it's the same principle.

3mmanu3lrc

Smash Lord
Thats how long it took me to get it down consistently in matches.

Might be a slow learner, who knows.
It's not the same doing something in training mode and in real game play, you're probably not a slow learner.
3 days for consistently doing it in matches, is pretty good.

Sangoku

Smash Master
learning to short hop on kb is by no means easy, but you get it down consistently after 3 weeks of play
Anyway I still think it's good. I still miss some short hop and z-cancel with controller after months of play. I guess I'm the real slow learner lol. And it took me long to be able to uair without second jumping too. Now I still can't fast fall uair well.

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
use a button near the buttons you use for the arrows as said in the other thread.

It took me only a few days of playing though possibly this was since I use Falcon who seems to have an easier short hop to do (in comparison to the floaties)

my keyboard setup can be seen here:

http://i.imgur.com/YFVmg.jpg

3mmanu3lrc

Smash Lord
It depends on the shape of his kb, but that could be good to try.
@KoRoBeNiKi
Plug your laptop to the power... :p
jk
lol

The Star King

Smash Hero
It might be that your keys stick a little/the input lingers. Short hopping shouldn't be harder than in Melee (or maybe the muscle memory for short hopping is only in your thumbs).

Mad-fighter is stupid and gay for using macros.

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
This seemed like the best place to ask; is there anyone or any topic on specific frame info, such as the window of time you have to Z cancel or other such things? I'm the coder for Brawl 64 and just want to get the main game mechanics as frame perfect as possible.

NovaSmash

Banned via Administration
3DS FC
2079-8171-3301
Someone with the latest version of owna client can you tell me how to minimize kaillera. I maximized it on accident and now it wont minimize

Top Bottom