• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask a Question, Get an Answer Thread~[Read Before Asking a Question]

3mmanu3lrc

Smash Lord
@VueBrawler
With Pika...
Dair -> Usmash -> Utilt -> Nair -> Uair -> Fair -> Usmash -> Downb
Pikachu is like a **** machine against Kirby.

Hiphiphooray

Smash Apprentice
@VueBrawler
With Pika...
Dair -> Usmash -> Utilt -> Nair -> Uair -> Fair -> Usmash -> Downb
Pikachu is like a **** machine against Kirby.
I was asking for combos for pika on certain characters and this the kind of information I was looking for. Can I get some more combos like this written out or with a tutorial video to practice? Only combos for pika chars. Also I only play on dreamland and hyrule so no map based combos plz :)

3mmanu3lrc

Smash Lord
So there is no graphicly inferior plug in for vista?
You've refered to the same question 3 times that I know, if nobody has given you an answer for it, it's maybe because we don't know the answer or how to lead you to it.
But sure we've read that.
This is just my point of view though.

LlamaSensei

Smash Ace
Gracias Amigos. I'm playing Myztek again tomorrow. We'll see how it goes with the things I've seen on Isai's vids and that combo.

Olikus

Smash Champion
Thread gets often closed in this section. Frankly I dont care much about it, often they go too far, but why did "Disagree with the banning of Dark Samus on Congo Jungle" thread got closed? Im not trying to start a fight about it. Im just wondering why it got closed. There was no flaming or trolling, only discussion which gave people new aspect of the topic. As long as a discussion doesnt break up in total caos, its a good thing. Thats how we get more knowledge. The fact that people disagree shouldnt be a cause to close a thread imo.

So yeah, give me the reason plz :) :)

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
What potts said.

All in all, I think surri does close threads too quickly. Not nearly enough spam or flaming to warrant a thread lock. I feel like if Surri does not like what is being said, in his own POV, he closes threads before he feels they will escalate.

My take on it anyway, I'm not a mod so I dont know the responsibilities or criteria that needs to be followed.

Battlecow

Play to Win
Surri does things wrong. It's generally not forum-crushing levels of wrongness, and he means well, so we put up with it. That's about all there is to it.

The Star King

Smash Hero
I also don't think Surri is the greatest mod ever, Battlecow, but I happen to agree with Surri's decision. And I see why the Backroom isn't public now.

Darth finds out about something as little as the Backroom briefly mentioning the issue of dark colors on Kongo, and he makes a thread in response to that. THAT ONE LITTLE ISSUE. Imagine if all the issues being discussed in the Backroom was open to the public? If Darth wanted to discuss the dark color issue badly enough to make a thread, how commonly would topics be made for much larger issues? Then, the point of the Backroom being admission-only becomes obsolete, since everybody else will be discussing the issues in the main forum.

Basically, it comes down to this:

-Darth made a thread in response to JUST ONE TINY ISSUE, because he really wanted to get his opinion out. This shows that the public WOULD make threads in response to the Backroom.

-You guys complain about Darth's thread being closed, even though it was in response to something that was in the Backroom. This implies that you guys would rather have a public Backroom than a private Backroom, even though you guys would render a public Backroom obsolete by making threads in response.

-This would be fine to me if you guys were against a Backroom. However, you guys WANTED a Backroom. So first you want a Backroom, then you want it to be public, and THEN you want to be able to discuss it in the main forum, which defeats the purpose of the Backroom in the first place. DO YOU GUYS WANT A BACKROOM OR NOT?

I'm actually kind of glad Darth found out about that little bit of information. I was split on the issue, but I'm adamant now. (No Backroom>) Public Backroom > Private backroom.

EDIT: Just remembered Battlecow was against the Backroom, so him being against Darth's thread being closed is fine with me now, I guess. For anyone else reading this who was both FOR a Backroom, and AGAINST Darth's thread being closed, you are a hypocrite.

...Man, I am just really not happy today.

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
Yo, you are exploding too much dude.

What Darth did was uncalled for, cuz it puts pressure on the person who told him, but not earth shatteringly bad. I know this defies the rules of the BRoom, which is a private thing (which I support btw), but you are making way too strong a case against him.

I think you are angry because you like being in your position of power and the fact that something got revealed angers you, more than it actually hurts the community because something was slipped. I am not nixxxon and I am not saying you are an elitist, I would be riding high on being in there too (probably), but it really is not that big a deal. At all.

Another reaons you're probably angry is because darth is a samus main so you feel he is being selfish cuz he wants to save a character attribute. You know what? You are probably right about it, but again, not something to get this adament about.

I am not complaining about the thread being closed, as the topic did not interest me that much anyways and I did not plan to contribute, but the fact that surri said "I think this thread can stay open to serve as a discussion" and then decided to close it promptly after (despite the lack of trolling/spamming) is what annoyed some people (kinda did me, anyway).

I dont see why making threads to get your opinions out is a bad idea. What darth did was hasty and slightly uncalled for, but if the public cant make threads in respone to BRoom descicions, thats unfair. I understand this was just a rumor, but in the broader principle making a thread to discuss it has nothing to do with the BRoom having the final say.

The Star King

Smash Hero
Yo, you are exploding too much dude.
Maybe.

What Darth did was uncalled for, cuz it puts pressure on the person who told him, but not earth shatteringly bad. I know this defies the rules of the BRoom, which is a private thing (which I support btw), but you are making way too strong a case against him.
I'm not saying it's earth shatteringly bad, but it annoys me that people from this community say they would want a Backroom, then destroy the point of it being admission-only by attempting to discuss it in the forum. If you're going to do that, then why did you want the Backroom in the first place?

However, I'm actually going to apologize to Darth. I checked the old Backroom poll, and he voted no. So the fact that he wanted to discuss something from the Backroom isn't hypocritical anymore. I'm significantly less annoyed now LOL

I think you are angry because you like being in your position of power and the fact that something got revealed angers you, more than it actually hurts the community because something was slipped. I am not nixxxon and I am not saying you are an elitist, I would be riding high on being in there too (probably), but it really is not that big a deal. At all.
Not at all. I was one of the people arguing against a Backroom the most, remember? And I haven't changed my position. Would I be against a Backroom if I enjoyed my position of power? (which isn't even that powerful, I'm 1/12th of the people who make decisions for a tiny community that they could probably make on their own without a Backroom)

Another reaons you're probably angry is because darth is a samus main so you feel he is being selfish cuz he wants to save a character attribute. You know what? You are probably right about it, but again, not something to get this adament about.
I actually don't care too much. I got adamant because of the general idea of making threads in response to the Backroom, I don't care THAT much about the specific little issue itself discussed in the thread.

I am not complaining about the thread being closed, as the topic did not interest me that much anyways and I did not plan to contribute, but the fact that surri said "I think this thread can stay open to serve as a discussion" and then decided to close it promptly after (despite the lack of trolling/spamming) is what annoyed some people (kinda did me, anyway).
My post wasn't addressed specifically to you - there WERE people complaining about the thread being closed. Maybe Surri did contradict himself a little there, but it was still a good idea to close the thread, for reasons I've already stated.

I dont see why making threads to get your opinions out is a bad idea. What darth did was hasty and slightly uncalled for, but if the public cant make threads in respone to BRoom descicions, thats unfair. I understand this was just a rumor, but in the broader principle making a thread to discuss it has nothing to do with the BRoom having the final say.
Making threads in response to Backroom decisions given to the public is one thing. I'm not against that at all. Making threads in response to things the Backroom is discussing is the problem. If people will discuss things being discussed in the Backroom, there is no point in the Backroom being admission only.

If Darth had waited for the Backroom to release its official ruleset, and argued against the dark color issue there, I would have zero problems with the act of him responding (although I would disagree with his stance).

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
K all is resolved.

I just thought Darth was getting too much flack from surri and starking, which I thought was uncalled for.

Its all good now, tho

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
I only said 1 or 2 things about his post, mostly being i dont think he should have done that and that it was aggravating to see this kind of stuff happening already.

But as you said it is over.

BTW If i did seem really harsh to you Darth I do apologize. That wasn't my intent and as star king said "I'm not very happy today". Please understand that my reaction was so harsh because it kinda feels like some of the progression and processes we had drawn out for the BR are already failing and coming apart :(

Again, sorry for being demeaning earlier with my comments.

Olikus

Smash Champion
You should PM a mod for the specific reasons, rather than wait for one of them to see this post.
I agree. Kind of regretting that I put it out in the public. Probably better to report it to mod/higher rank. But w/e, as I said I dont really care that much about threads being closed. I just hope some of them stays open, when there are good friendly discussions going on.

Battlecow

Play to Win
Bottom line: That thread had discussion going on in it. Serious discussion. It was a chance for some of us to have some idea of what the **** was going on and to get our opinions out. Surri closed it for no good reason, and Star King, who had been on the side of the angels in the initial backroom argument, took the discussion as an argument, not against a backroom, but for an opaque backroom, for god knows what reason. Closing the thread because you didn't agree with Darth (I didn't either, for the record) is just foul play. If discussion isn't allowed outside the backroom, then why are the rest of us on this forum?

The Star King

Smash Hero
Star King, who had been on the side of the angels in the initial backroom argument, took the discussion as an argument, not against a backroom, but for an opaque backroom, for god knows what reason.
Because it was a good example of what would happen with a public backroom?

Closing the thread because you didn't agree with Darth (I didn't either, for the record) is just foul play.
Nowhere in that thread did Surri even say that he disagreed with Darth, so I have no idea where you pulled this from. It seems to me that you're assuming the worst, just because you dislike him.

ballin4life

Smash Hero
LOL at dark samus being an example of stuff going on in the backroom. I hope I'm not breaking the SUPER SECRECY of the backroom here.

Anyway I have no problem with people making threads about stuff going on in a public backroom

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
Anyway I have no problem with people making threads about stuff going on in a public backroom
Wouldn't that then just make the Pvt. BRoom redundant? People in the thread would be asking why you guys made decision such-and-such and you would be forced to say why, and basically the discussion would be taken to the public.

The Star King

Smash Hero
Wouldn't that then just make the Pvt. BRoom redundant? People in the thread would be asking why you guys made decision such-and-such and you would be forced to say why, and basically the discussion would be taken to the public.
Thank you, ciaza, for saying this so I don't have to repeat myself for the thousandth time. Now I've only had to repeat myself only 999 times.

P.S. Why does my signature only show up when I quote someone?

The Star King

Smash Hero
I know.

But compared to, say, Fox or Falcon, he's not that popular.

I guess A$ and I are good Kirbies.

Except I only have one video on Youtube of my Kirby.

ballin4life

Smash Hero
Who is "forced to say why"? And what's wrong with the discussion being taken to the public?

I thought the point of the back room is so that good posters can talk without having randoms derail threads with stuff like "Ness's recovery is good". But what's wrong with also having a public thread where randoms can come in?

Thank you, ciaza, for saying this so I don't have to repeat myself for the thousandth time. Now I've only had to repeat myself only 999 times.

P.S. Why does my signature only show up when I quote someone?
Pretty sure it's related to using quick reply.

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
Who is "forced to say why"? And what's wrong with the discussion being taken to the public?

I thought the point of the back room is so that good posters can talk without having randoms derail threads with stuff like "Ness's recovery is good". But what's wrong with also having a public thread where randoms can come in?
Well if say the discussion got taken to the public and someone raised a legitimate point, but you guys refused to respond to it (to say why they're wrong) people would be fairly annoyed, and the public discussion would go nowhere.

Hiphiphooray

Smash Apprentice
How can i beat mario with DK? In other matchups I can grab combo from 0 to death (i only play on hyrule) or get some cheap spikes. But mario gets out of all my grab combos too quickly and has fireballs to prevent me to rushing in to quickly. If attempt to approach aerially, i get punished with marios Usmash. If i managed to bait it out, the games are slow and boring. Any tips or solid combos on mario would be great. Or just some better approach methods will help my play overall.

DMoogle

A$
I used to have a good Kirby, but now I'm bad with him. I can do Z2D tent combos decently though.

Signature is off by default on Quick Reply. Quote/Reply the default should be on. Either way, there's a checkbox where you can choose to show your signature.

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
How can i beat mario with DK? In other matchups I can grab combo from 0 to death (i only play on hyrule) or get some cheap spikes. But mario gets out of all my grab combos too quickly and has fireballs to prevent me to rushing in to quickly. If attempt to approach aerially, i get punished with marios Usmash. If i managed to bait it out, the games are slow and boring. Any tips or solid combos on mario would be great. Or just some better approach methods will help my play overall.
if you haven't tried, you can down b into a giant punch to kill mario at 30/40. Bait the up smashes if he up smashes too often. use DK's b-air and up b to help approach. I find DK's n-air also very useful vs mid weights.

Kaffei

Smash Hero
Hey guys,
I main Kirby and I was wondering how to fight Pikachu. If any of you could give me some ma tch up advice I'd really appreciate it =D

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
^ >_>

The biggest thing i always see with people vs my pika...is they jump into MY Utilts ...dont do that.

Use Nair to pressure and poke pikachu for an opening, dont be afraid to use many Utilts as ballin KINDA got at...

Try to pressure from the middle of the stage and be careful about being drawn off the stage. Kirby can fly but pikas aerials are brutal and fast.

Top Bottom