• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask a Question, Get an Answer Thread~[Read Before Asking a Question]

ballin4life

Smash Hero
I just started replaying this after not touching it for like 9 years. My question is...where do I learn the current metagame for Captain Falcon since there don't seem to be any character specific boards? I'd love to know what his existing combos are / how to play him / tricksies etc etc
Captain Falcon in 4 easy steps

1) Stand in one place
2) When opponent tries to approach dash dance grab
3) Fthrow -> uair x 100 -> up b
4) Repeat step 1

Pav7300

Smash Apprentice
I remember someone posted the exact combo of uairs and I had it when I was still messing around with falcon, anyone know what that combo was? I can't do it anymore....

NixxxoN

Smash Master
Captain Falcon in 4 easy steps

1) Stand in one place
2) When opponent tries to approach dash dance grab
3) Fthrow -> uair x 100 -> up b
4) Repeat step 1
Thats pretty funny, however Falcon scrubs who only do this get 5-stocked by good players.

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
Thats pretty funny, however Falcon scrubs who only do this get 5-stocked by good players.
The best way to learn 64 is starting with noob strategies and slowly figuring out what does and does not work. I would recommend sticking to only up-air combos for now, and then expanding once you get the idea of how to play as Falcon (as in more than up-air)

Grahf

Smash Apprentice
This games been out for 10 years and there's NO guides on how to play the characters? ;_;

What are his useless moves / semi-useless / really useful ?

Is up air **** the only combos for Falcon?

DMoogle

A$
This games been out for 10 years and there's NO guides on how to play the characters? ;_;

What are his useless moves / semi-useless / really useful ?

Falcon's only useless move is his repeating jab (spam tap-A) (HUYH-HUYH-HUYH).

Seriously, just play or watch people better than yourself, watch what they do, try to implement it into your game. Look at what works and what doesn't work.

Daedatheus

Smash Lord
There are more Falcon combo vids on Youtube than any other character in SSB64, I'm pretty sure. Just search "Falcon combo ssb64" on youtube and you're bound to find a bunch of goodies.

To gain a better control of comboing with Falcon, learn some of those combos.

To see which combos are actually applicable in matches, watch videos with Falcon in them.

The best thing about practicing Smash64, especially with Falcon, is that if you can do the combo perfectly in training mode then technically you should be able to also do it perfectly in a real match (DI changes things of course).

StealthyGunnar

Smash Champion
Can anyone help me with Project64k online? Whenever I start netplay, and i refresh the server list, it says there are no online active servers. Why? I know there are because I went on some using recent server list...

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
Can anyone help me with Project64k online? Whenever I start netplay, and i refresh the server list, it says there are no online active servers. Why? I know there are because I went on some using recent server list...
do you have an old server list?

what version of project 64k do you have

dch111

Smash Journeyman
What effects happen if you get more than 255 KO's in infinite time vs. mode? I heard somewhere the memory limitations cause it to display strange text.

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
For those who understand computer language:

number == byte

255 == 11111111
1 == 00000001
255 + 1 == 11111111 + 00000001 = 00000000

00000000 == 0

meaning 0 kills.

As for what actually happens... well, in melee, after you reach 255 kills in a session (i.e. in the character select screen, the stars under your character), every next kill just keeps it at 255. You can't make your kill meter go any higher. I'm guessing it's the same idea with 64.

Neo X

Smash Apprentice
I hope this isnt off-topic, but is there a way to hack SSB on the wii? (Again i APOLOGIES if this is off-topic)

Grahf

Smash Apprentice
Anyone know of the best Gamecube to USB hardware available? One that will work with my top of the line Laptop that has . . . VISTA as the operating system which automatically makes it bottom tier :/

What's the most common Gamecube to USB hardware people talk about and use on the forum? Link to a pic maybe too?

WheelOfFish

Smash Journeyman
Does anybody here know SSB64's actual hitstun, hitlag, and shield stun values?

In fact, if you have decent knowledge of SSB's physics (values are especially helpful), I'd really appreciate your help here.

MattNF

Smash Lord

In fact, if you have decent knowledge of SSB's physics (values are especially helpful), I'd really appreciate your help here.
you shouldn't listen to brawl***s when it comes to ssb64

Skrlx

Smash Champion

Ask Antd he has charts about what you need

DMoogle

A$
AFAIK, these values have not been measured.
I think it's a cool idea, but, no offense, the stuff that you listed that would be changed kind of sucks. I'll order them:
1. - Slight speed increase
2. - N64-esque hitstun
3. - L-canceling (unless people really want z-canceling... though I'm kinda attached to the idea of characters keeping all three taunts on the d-pad instead of one on the l-button since it doesn't affect gameplay)
4. - No chargable smash attacks
5. - No side-special (this doesn't mean that every character will lose their side-b, though certain characters will get their specials rearranged)
6. - Inescapable grabs, but no attacking during grabs (DK's cargo will still do damage and it will be escapable as it was in N64)
7. - Tiny edge-sweetspot
8. - Possible character model size reduction
9. - Enlarged stage boundaries
10. - Grabbing out of failed techs
11. - No fastfalling on aerials
1. Maybe for the lagtime (both start-up and ending) in moves, but I thought Brawl was overall faster? I might be wrong.
2. Sounds good.
3. The L in L canceling means "Lag" not "L-button". Consider you can re-assign controls in Brawl anyway, it shouldn't really matter where you put it (except that in Melee it was either the L or R button so you should probably stick with that, assuming you're playing with a GC controller).
4. I think these add to the strategy and gameplay and would've made a great addition to the original SSB. Keep them.
5. No reason to eliminate these, IMO.
6. The knockback and power of grabs is more important IMO, but eliminating attacking during grabs would help balance it I suppose. What about throwing above or below? I think they should be kept, but you'll have to be very careful to generally eliminate chain grabbing.
7. Sounds good.
8. Maybe.
9. I suppose.
10. OK, but make sure you still can't grab when your opponent is just lying on the ground.
11. Meh, it definitely changes the strategy for the game so I either way.

D

Deleted member

Just take the best of Brawl and 64 and put them together

no need to make it exactly like 64

Skrlx

Smash Champion
I'd rather have it be exactly like 64 just to see what the other characters WOULD BE LIKE in 64 might not be perfect but I guess you can get an idea.

D

Deleted member

I'd rather have it be exactly like 64 just to see what the other characters WOULD BE LIKE in 64 might not be perfect but I guess you can get an idea.
don't listen to this demon

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
If you want to make it like 64, make sure Kirby has a massively large up-tilt hitbox, and that it combos into itself until unrealistically high percents.

But in seriousness, try Brawl+. The way some characters play, it's very similar to smash 64. The hitstun and speed is about the same as it is in smash 64, and it has the comboability of smash 64 as well.

dch111

Smash Journeyman
The ssb tier on smashwiki really needs to be updated (maybe after we finalize icy's rankings...it will almost certainly be better than the old one)

DMoogle

A$
From what I've read, this tier list is more or less meant for players that are around the "5c" level.

So that would need to be noted on the smashwiki. In all seriousness, the tier list that's already on there is wayyy more accurate for probably 95% of SSB players.

Top Bottom