• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask a Question, Get an Answer Thread~[Read Before Asking a Question]

dandan

Smash Lord
you can just aerial chain someone off stage, also aerials combo really well on the tent. and you can fair or bair or pound to rest at the right percents.

andrewajt62

Smash Journeyman
What I mean is, sometimes when I do a dair it makes sort of a yellow splash on the ground and other times it doesn't. The times when it makes the yellow splash or I fast fall I can't z-cancel it at all.

Also I can't seem to get my RT and LT buttons on my xbox controller to work on Project 64.

Thanks a lot for all the help :chuckle:
Try a different plugin. Here's a guide that explains the same situation and how to use the diff plugin:

http://www.sitesled.com/members/myztek/index.html

asianaussie

Smash Hero
question1:
what button is the best to press when you are hanging from the ledge and an opponent is trying to recover (but will not make it back to the stage, only the ledge) to prolong your edgehog. I am sure this is more useful at above 100% damage, but answers so both below and above 100 are appreciated.
Below 100%, just make sure you edgehog at the right time, that way you won't need to regrab.

Above 100%, pretty sure its different for every character, but A is the main contender, as leaving the edge immediately opens it for others, and some >100% ledge attacks attack while still hanging before getting on.

killmaster

Smash Apprentice
how can i play with a controller on kaillera ?? , I have read lot of threads and try many things but it just dont work ... when I play offline everything is fine but when I play only, if I host the game, I can move but the other person can't move at all and if I join, the other can move and I can't ...

help would be appreciated :(

my controller is a basic logitech controller.

killmaster

Smash Apprentice
ohh thankkss it work !! , I also which to know how can I watch my p2p recorded match because my vcl media player can't read it :(

asianaussie

Smash Hero
of course vlc can't play the rec files, they're merely a set of controller input data

play it back, don't record real time - there should be a playback option somewhere in your client

bloobtube

Smash Rookie
console adapter? well i just recently got a hori mini pad and i have been looking around a ton trying to find a solution plugin and have had no luck, you have your console hooked up to your computer if so let me know how you did this, i am interested

dandan

Smash Lord
console adapter? well i just recently got a hori mini pad and i have been looking around a ton trying to find a solution plugin and have had no luck, you have your console hooked up to your computer if so let me know how you did this, i am interested
as far as i know, the hori minipad does not work with any adapter.
they have not written a driver for it iirc.

asianaussie

Smash Hero
Depends on what you deem neutral.

Hyrule is easily the most neutral and is often the first pick in most tourneys.

Dreamland is the 'classic' stage + 3 plat map, but its size and platforms give some characters advantages, so it isn't really that neutral imo

Kongo and Peach Castle might be used as neutrals.

dandan

Smash Lord
peach cannot be used as a neutral, only cp. kirby for example has great advantages on that stage while others like link suffer a lot.

Battlecow

Play to Win
What stages are the neutrals in smash 64?
Dude! you and me need to start an SSB Bob Dylan fanclub. I'm loving the avatar. <3<3<3.

In the US, Hyrule is the most commonly used stage. In Japan, I believe it's DL. In almost every case, Hyrule and DL are Neutral, and Kongo is usually neutral as well (or at least "often").

The counterpick stages are Kongo if it's not neutral, Peach's, Saffron (sometimes it's not allowed to CP Saff. against Ness) and sometimes ("rarely", perhaps?) Zebes. The rest are banned.

Sangoku

Smash Master
Hello everyone!

I have the same problem as I had already had: my p2p died :(

The second player can connect successfully when I host, but when we both tick the "ready" box, the game automatically drops.

Last time I had this problem, I changed the kaillera client and it worked out.

This time, I've tried changing everything (the emulator, the client, even the rom) but it still doesn't work.

My port (27886 UDP) is obviously forwarded and since people can connect to me, I don't think it's related to that.

Any help? :confused:

Thanks in advance!

Purtle

Smash Journeyman
Quick nooby question.

I'm trying to do a combo in training mode with falcon on peach's castle. If the CPU hits the bumper, does it reset the combo counter? Or am i just messing it up.

Also, another probably newb question, when I try doing combos in training mode, whenever i use Up+B with falcon, it never counts with the combo and resets. Is that just me messing up or does that always happen ;-;.

Don't trash me too bad.

Dsc

Smash Ace
Is virtual console(wii) smash 64, PAL vers?

If it isnt, then what is it?
Links recover is incredibly more horizontal in this....

NixxxoN

Smash Master
Is virtual console(wii) smash 64, PAL vers?

If it isnt, then what is it?
Links recover is incredibly more horizontal in this....
Yes, it must be the European PAL version. Link has a faster horizontal speed and longer recovery.
However, there is the NTSC version available aswell AFAIK ¿?

Dsc

Smash Ace
Another question,

How many hits are there in links FAIR? Is it 2?
Because i swear ive done 3 hits before.

asianaussie

Smash Hero
Four hits I believe, but you can think of it as three continuous hits.

strong hit in front, weak hit behind, weak hit in front/Link's body that moves to a brief weak hit behind.

Zantetsu

Smash Master
Not Smash 64 only related, but someone on these boards might know.

Anytime I try to connect to a server on Kaillera, I get "logging in" and nothing else.

*I've tried 3 versions of Kaillera
*I'm running Windows 7
*Yes, I'm using Project64kVE
*Yes, I don't have a firewall up or anything that would be blocking the connection

Anyone know why this is happening?

EDIT: Problem solved

Glöwworm

Smash Lord
how can i host p2p smash if the ports are already forwarded? i'm on a wireless connection if that helps. I can host p2p on the other computer that is connected via an ethernet cable.

asianaussie

Smash Hero
Maybe it's just a firewall issue? Doesn't seem to be anything wrong (but you'll probably need to give more details)

For the sake of the person playing you, just use the one connected by cable.

Wireless p2p hosting sucks.

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
1. how many licks does it take to get the tootsie roll center of a tootsie pop?

2. does anyone have any jiggly puff combos involving pound/nair/bair/fair that end in a rest?

ballin4life

Smash Hero
1. how many licks does it take to get the tootsie roll center of a tootsie pop?

2. does anyone have any jiggly puff combos involving pound/nair/bair/fair that end in a rest?
1) A student study at the University of Cambridge concluded that it takes 3481 licks to get to the center of a Tootsie Pop.[6] Another study by Purdue University concluded that it takes an average of 364 licks to get to the center of a Tootsie Pop using a "licking machine", while it takes an average of 252 licks when tried by 20 volunteers. Yet another study by the University of Michigan concluded that it takes 411 licks to get to the center of a Tootsie Pop. A study by junior high students in Swarthmore School concluded that it takes 144 licks to get to the centre of a Tootsie Pop.[7]

2) Yes

Purtle

Smash Journeyman
It really depends on what your definition is of a lick though. That is the real question/problem.

I've done it once or twice where I counted.

Top Bottom