• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask a Question, Get an Answer Thread~[Read Before Asking a Question]

The Star King

Smash Hero
idk who you guys are trying to troll
Ah so joking doesn't exist anymore, if you're not serious you're trying to troll someone

Although maybe you used your so-called superior asian intellect to predict Kero's response, and this was the set-up

Speaking of which, I went to some party of pretty much all asians (and three black girls) and beat them all in ping pong, Melee (gasp), various board games, and various other stuff. Where the asian stereotypes at

Oh god I'm turning into ciaza with the tangents

The Star King

Smash Hero
No, but my advice is to make a set-up that lines up with where your fingers naturally are when you rest your hands on the keyboard for the most comfortable one possible. It seems like a lot of people like to cramp up their set-ups and I don't think it's a good idea.

The Star King

Smash Hero
I love my set-up, it's so comfy.

WASD for analog stick.
Default position for my right hand is thumb on space bar, index finger on L key, middle finger on P key, ring finger on [ key and pinky on enter. So basically a natural position for the righr hand. Space Bar is R (and I cancel with it), L is the A button, K is B button, 0OP[ are the C-buttons ( and I jump with P), Enter is Z, . is the L button and Backspace is Start.

Battlecow

Play to Win
Best KB Setup:

WASD for analog

T=A
Y=B
U=Z
E=R
Q=L
J=C (any c button)
Tab=start

Objectively the best, right there.

The Star King

Smash Hero
How the **** do you pivot taunt-cancel? Essential technique rite dar

So, your default position is something like ring finger on J, middle finger on U, and index finger on T? That's so uncomfortable, you have to turn your right hand to the right or squish your middle and ring finger together :S.

And I don't get how people do Ness DJCs with one button.

KeroKeroppi

Smash Champion
lol you crazzy bastarrds.
i remember the first time i played keyboard it took me 45 minutes to beat a level nine ness.
and i only won because i knew when he would tuck and roll.

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
As before (like maybe 100 or so pages ago or some other thread,) here is my keyboard setup (leftie)

RickySSB

Smash Ace
Best KB Setup:

WASD for analog

T=A
Y=B
U=Z
E=R
Q=L
J=C (any c button)
Tab=start

Objectively the best, right there.
NO, you are wrong xD

Num 8,5,4,6 Analog

(Ñ)=A
(: )=B
(-)=Z
(Left Shift) =L
({)=R
(Enter)=S
(I,O,K,L) =C Buttons

KeroKeroppi

Smash Champion
I have an extremely hard time approaching link when using pikachu.
i just have a hard time playing link in general.
embarassing.. but hes allways been that character i just hate to play.
I oftin find myself either camping or spam throwing because that ****ing sword just has priority over everyting.

it seems that the only way i get hits in is: short hop, potentially insert appropriate attack, if not, wait for him to do his attack, arial hop, than fastfall dair/bair from above and continue to beat his *** down.

suggestions pleaseee?

SSBPete

Smash Lord
i almost never play pika or link, so someone correct me if i'm wrong

firstly try to shift link to the edges of the map you're playing on. the left side of say, hyrule, is far better playing ground than the middle for obvious reasons (links recovery).

the best method of approaching is abusing the hitbox on pika's sh bair. the range on pikas uair is ridiculous too, so make good use of both the bair and uair in sh form.

bthrows/fthrows near the edge, as cheap as they are, are highly efficient for low percentage ko's.

for recovering links, fsmash is somewhat useful but your best bet is to gimp with dair's or nair's from the top of link, since up-b can't hit you from the top.

pretty general stuff, hope it helps though :)

Peek~

Smash Lord
Pick a small stage and stay on him so he has no time to use projectiles, look out for Dairs and Uairs(I find them to be the biggest problems vs Link), and gimp asap.

I dont know Pika but thats just my general vs Link strategy

Battlecow

Play to Win
If you're on hyrule, just outcamp the mother****er, why approach him?

If you're on DL or something, space like you would against anyone, I wouldn't use Bair too much but y'know... If you're the one approaching, he's probably... Utilting or something? Just get past all the crap he throws in the air and hit him with something and then grab the mother****er and toss him off.

The Star King

Smash Hero
>camping Link with anyone but Fox

I realize you're trying to, for some reason, push your agenda (with irritating persistence), but come on

clubbadubba

Smash Master
The main concern is how the hell do you out-camp link with pikachu. boomerang + bomb vs thundershock is not good for pikachu. Gotta bring the fight to link.

RickySSB

Smash Ace
Like A Link player,
The hard part with Link is evading projectiles.
Th best part is chassing with a Fair, that makes me happy.

KeroKeroppi

Smash Champion
**** the teir list. link is good. i dont care what anyone says. i really dont like him.
My original question was more directed towards hyrule. i know i can camp him out but i prefer not too. Console+Camping= an awkward and embarassing time.
Not to mention the pride you loose after, not only picking the best character in game verses one of the worst, but continuing to camp becase your afraid to approach him.
i was more specifically looking for what move to approach link with.
Thanks for the feedback guys:)

just realized i totallyy contradicted myself up there.

The Star King

Smash Hero
Link is a good character with some crippling weaknesses

as opposed to all-around mediocrity, like Luigi or something

so maybe that's why he feels good to you. He's also actually a legit threat on Hyrule. I've always thought he's 5th best there, and Boomfan thinks he's 3rd best so yeah

KeroKeroppi

Smash Champion
okay, as long as im not the only one who thinks soo.

as my pika isnt good offensivily against link, he does well defending againnst him.
my falcon does significantly better on offense, though my defense playing sword master are near terrible.
cant figure out who to choose yet when playing him.

Olikus

Smash Champion
my pika isnt good offensivily against link, he does well defending againnst him..
WEll this is where you should change your skill. If your playing defensive against link, he can actually give you a close fight. But if you pressure him, especially with pika, he shouldnt have a change really. not even on hyrule. rat too good.

Top Bottom