• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask a Question, Get an Answer Thread~[Read Before Asking a Question]

KeroKeroppi

Smash Champion
OK well despite everyone saying double tap I think I'm going with sliding, feels a lot more comfortable. Sorry for asking then ignoring everyone lol.

I also made up a method for doing uairs without needing to tilt lightly and still avoiding midair jumping, since the kb player in me hates tilting. You basically press A and up on the controll stick at the same time, and it doesn't matter how hard you press the control stick. Don't know if other people do this but it seems way better to me than tilting. Can be used for ff uairs, platform drop uairs, dairs without fastfalling etc.
i might try this. i usually tilt to do uair attacks. but i oftin find myself in a situation where i need to jump reallly baddly in the air, and tilt by habbit. no good.

The Star King

Smash Hero
IDK but you used the harder method where you had to press up and a on like the same frame right? My KB had some weird buffering thing that made it easier, maybe like a three frame window.

Sangoku

Smash Master
It's so much easier to lightly tilt the joystick. I would suggest to try to learn it that way.

Also I don't get how you can attack with a sliding DJC with Yoshi. If I slide, the DJC is so fast that no attack comes out.

The Star King

Smash Hero
It's so much easier to lightly tilt the joystick. I would suggest to try to learn it that way.

Also I don't get how you can attack with a sliding DJC with Yoshi. If I slide, the DJC is so fast that no attack comes out.
I don't really agree, and I think it has the potential to come out faster. Good luck doing stuff like ff Luigi uair off the left side of the main platform of Hyrule by tilting.

You pause for a split second after pressing right C, then slide your thumb across down c and a. I already know the timing because of keyboard, so I imagine the sound of Yoshi's first and second jump and base my timing off of that.

ballin4life

Smash Hero
For anyone that can do pivot utilts on controller consistently/easily, do you do the pivot on "top" of the controller and press a, or do you pivot normally then lightly tilt up and press a?
pivot normally. i think i would stick jump if i tried to pivot on "top"

Yeah pretty sure you need to be able to lightly tilt the stick for other things too.

yeah seriously. if you're going to do right-c pause down-c slide to a then there's really no difference between that and just hitting down-c twice except that it's easier to mess up the timing methinks

The Star King

Smash Hero
pivot normally. i think i would stick jump if i tried to pivot on "top"

Yeah pretty sure you need to be able to lightly tilt the stick for other things too.

yeah seriously. if you're going to do right-c pause down-c slide to a then there's really no difference between that and just hitting down-c twice except that it's easier to mess up the timing methinks
Pretty sure it's impossible to stick jump, which is why it works on keyboard. My only problem with is that the pivot itself feels harder on top, sometimes I dashdance on accident.

Yeah, for tilts. You can do anything in the air without tilting I think.

It feels more confortable. Pressing the same button twice that fast does not (I did on keyboard but that was with my middle finger in a more comfortable position). Still considering double tap though.

asianaussie

Smash Hero
why is it some keyboards have a buffer period for same-frame presses?

like, one of my friend's laptops had this, and i was landing the sh and platdrop u-airs 110% of the time (simultaneous press method), whereas some of my smash inputs came out as tilts

SSBPete

Smash Lord
i almost never stick jump, is that bad?

i honestly dont see much difference between a full hop with C and the stick. i can land high falcon punches/etc with either a double jump or simply a full hop with C.

asianaussie

Smash Hero
all i know is that stick jumping left out of the tent is 20x easier than C-buttoning with Link, and that you need a stick jump to consistently jump left out of the tent with Fox and get two lasers before hitting the ground

SSBPete

Smash Lord
not even close to true.
just tested your hypothesis and landed the first 10 double lazer C jumps in a row.

admittedly though, i cant do it consistently while running, but i found a way around it (not just then, a while ago):
you let go of the stick the instant you jump and it doesnt stop the running animation, and still acts like a standing full hop.

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
what's the sexiest move in the game?

i think it's fox's bair. hitting a reverse bair is so goddamn sexy it hurts.

The Star King

Smash Hero
What? I stick jump every time I press up with the stick unless I tilt.
When I said pivot on "top" of the controller, I meant that your stick is apready pointing up and you go from north -> north-east -> north-west to pivot (to the right).

And how is Fox's bair sexy at all, it's a dumb and irritating move (for a lot of lower tiers). I would say maybe Link's Fair.

Sempiternity

Smash Lord
Boomerang or something to run-off Fair with Link on the left side of Hyrule is so ****ing sexy. You can barely see the flash of the sword before you hit the ground.

The Star King

Smash Hero
Well I was thinking of using it keyboard style where you buffer up beforehand. Like as you land with a Kirby bair, you buffer up and then pivot utilt with no risk of stick jumping. You can't really do that with a normal pivot -> utilt.

Glöwworm

Smash Lord
falcons reverse fair > reverse bair any day of the week

now that i think about, reverse fair in general is sick
****. You're right lol.

Actually, is it possible with Fox to shine -> upsmash in place like in Melee? I know it's possible to shine and then run to get the upsmash.

asianaussie

Smash Hero
everything i recommend is amazing

on the note of hype, did anyone watch the first set of GF for MvC3 EVO '11

i was really skeptical when someone was like 'hypest **** in the galaxy', but i literally rose out of my seat and cheered during said hype moment

The Star King

Smash Hero
Yeah Glowworm ballin did it in one of his combos. inb4 he posts the link as self promotion

Sometimes I use reverse Link fairs in my tent combos to feel unique

ballin4life

Smash Hero
****. You're right lol.

Actually, is it possible with Fox to shine -> upsmash in place like in Melee? I know it's possible to shine and then run to get the upsmash.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y0moaio_8lI

it's really not even that hard, at least on falcon (will probably be more difficult on floaty characters because the shine sends them farther away)

everything i recommend is amazing

on the note of hype, did anyone watch the first set of GF for MvC3 EVO '11

i was really skeptical when someone was like 'hypest **** in the galaxy', but i literally rose out of my seat and cheered during said hype moment
link to vids?

Yeah Glowworm ballin did it in one of his combos. inb4 he posts the link as self promotion
self promotion? or just showing someone the example he asked for? YOU DECIDE

Sometimes I use reverse Link fairs in my tent combos to feel unique
reverse fair is the best link finisher off utilt

asianaussie

Smash Hero
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=edJRs_Db8v0#t=618s

points to note are
dark phoenix is a massive *** character who turns bad situations into spammy comeback wins
tron's lv3 grab is ridic hard to land in general
tron is a character mainly used for her assist, not as a point character (so is haggar but bleh, tron is like mid-tier as a character barring assist)
this is the decider match - viscant playing for the title, balrog playing for match reset
it takes a lot to hype up marvel players to this extent, and i mean a lot

The Star King

Smash Hero
@Ballin I'm gonna go with the latter :troll:

I meant the weak swingback hit, more of a combo move than a finisher. Is replacable with first hit bair or nair though so pretty useless.

Battlecow

Play to Win
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=edJRs_Db8v0#t=618s

points to note are
dark phoenix is a massive *** character who turns bad situations into spammy comeback wins
tron's lv3 grab is ridic hard to land in general
tron is a character mainly used for her assist, not as a point character (so is haggar but bleh, tron is like mid-tier as a character barring assist)
this is the decider match - viscant playing for the title, balrog playing for match reset
it takes a lot to hype up marvel players to this extent, and i mean a lot
Viscant won anyways though :/

Top Bottom