• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask a Question, Get an Answer Thread~[Read Before Asking a Question]

Battlecow

Play to Win
I never really see anyone using CC'ing. Apparently Peek uses it.

Sometimes against DK's I'll bait their <100 ledge get-up attacks with CC's. Never works quite as well as it should.

Battlecow

Play to Win
He just doesn't want to end up as a TOOL of the MAN like you, ballin', with your StanOxfordian education and your internships.

He's his own person.

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
cos academic intelligence =! real intelligence.

I wasn't a great student in high school because I was too busy playing SSB to study. As long as you pick up your game during uni you should be right, bridging courses are everywhere. I'm planning to go to the ANU next year for example because I'm actually studying what interests me, which helps a lot.

I CC heaps, just cos. Probably not the smartest thing to do a lot of the time but it's fun.

The Star King

Smash Hero
I'm one of the laziest people you will ever meet. I lack willpower, and I can't stomach things I don't enjoy.

Compared to myself, I've never met a more extreme underachiever. That's definitely the thing I dislike about myself the most.

CC'ing is not as useful as in Melee because Melee has less hitstun, so you can act way more quickly after being hit.

:phone:

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
Here I was thinking you were the American equivalent of aa who got 100% in everything and attained the highest possible score at the end of Year 12.

The Star King

Smash Hero
I definitely have the potential to.

And all my close middle school friends went to TJHSST without me *sigh*

ballin4life

Smash Hero
just stop being lazy. it's only as difficult as you make it.

Not trying to hate or anything, but LOTS of people say that they are smart and lazy. I think most of them probably are just making excuses and trying to diminish the accomplishments of others (e.g. "I could have done that, but I'm just lazy"). But it's even more sad if there is someone that actually is really smart but is wasting his potential.

I used to be kinda lazy, but I've been making a big effort to change that. My biggest weakness was (and probably still is) procrastination, and that really just comes down to having some ****ing willpower.

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
You're right. I too know a lot of people who self-handicap themselves. Subconsciously or consciously they choose not to study for a test, but to protect their own ego. That way after the test they can go: "I could have nailed that test if I studied and wanted to, but oh well".

Not saying SK is like that, it could just be laziness.

Best advice I can give is that the difference between a dream and reality is a plan. Set small goals for yourself each day, and get a study plan. Study things you hate for 5 minutes straight, take a break, study again for 5 minutes, repeat. It takes a while but you can get a solid hour of study like that.

Not that I can talk. I did too little too late, but better late than never.

ballin4life

Smash Hero
I never worked hard in school, but I never had to. I'm just that smart

get at me
Serious post:

No one cares. Really.

There's just no sense in being proud of accomplishments that were easy. Congratulations on getting lucky and being smart, but that does not deserve respect by itself.

Also if you have this attitude you'll just make things harder on yourself later.

Battlecow

Play to Win
haha

No seriously though I was joking about everything I said in like the last 2 hours

I totally sacrificed my social life to be mediocre at smash and I'm really not smart

The Star King

Smash Hero
just stop being lazy. it's only as difficult as you make it.

Not trying to hate or anything, but LOTS of people say that they are smart and lazy. I think most of them probably are just making excuses and trying to diminish the accomplishments of others (e.g. "I could have done that, but I'm just lazy"). But it's even more sad if there is someone that actually is really smart but is wasting his potential.

I used to be kinda lazy, but I've been making a big effort to change that. My biggest weakness was (and probably still is) procrastination, and that really just comes down to having some ****ing willpower.
Well, I figured somebody would say this. You think I haven't heard this before? You think I haven't tried?

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
OK, here's what you do:

Watch Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann.

After you cry tears of manliness you'll realise that you can do the impossible, see the invisible and even, break the unbreakable. You'll summon willpower from nothing defying the all-powerful ex nihilo nihil fit rule, and be able to acheive anything.

Battlecow

Play to Win
l0lz

how 'bout people stop trying to give each other legit life advice in the smash 64 social thread

'Cause you pretty much have to choose between Weeaboos and Libertarians

I'd sooner not see that go down

TANK64

Smash Lord
Well, I figured somebody would say this. You think I haven't heard this before? You think I haven't tried?
I feel your pain. You repeat over to yourself that you're going to get serious and achieve said goal, but before you know it you've failed to convince yourself to act once again. I'm probably going to get medication, but don't want to (Just 'till I graduate).

Ballin is right- It is a shame. I get great grades, but now can't bring myself to show up to class senior year.

In all seriousness, I was given another opportunity today to get my life back together. I may not get another, so I have to take extreme measures. No more sandbagging. Whatever it takes to win.

ballin4life

Smash Hero

Yes.

I feel your pain. You repeat over to yourself that you're going to get serious and achieve said goal, but before you know it you've failed to convince yourself to act once again. I'm probably going to get medication, but don't want to (Just 'till I graduate).

Ballin is right- It is a shame. I get great grades, but now can't bring myself to show up to class senior year.

In all seriousness, I was given another opportunity today to get my life back together. I may not get another, so I have to take extreme measures. No more sandbagging. Whatever it takes to win.
Well, sounds like you're at least on the right track mentally ...

Really though, if you want to continue making excuses and TALKING about how you're really smart, go ahead. I'll be over here playing the world's smallest violin.

Dingus

Smash Cadet
I apologize for the potentially stupid question. How do you drop through a platform and perform a uair without jumping? Usually I would buffer the up input to do an uair without jumping, but I need to press down to drop through the platform.

Thanks

Battlecow

Play to Win
If you're on controller- press up lightly, like you're performing a tilt attack. It's somewhat difficult and will take a little practice to do consistently.

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
I use the c buttons for all ranges of my jumps, and the analog only if I want to full hop.

I use A button for aerials personally, but I know of people who use R.

Battlecow

Play to Win
KB players may not realize how much controller players use their C buttons

I almost never used C-hopping (i.e. holding down C) until like six months ago. But on console I have to use it for almost everything.

Top Bottom