• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Asia-POP

Vlade

Social Outcast
Some artists I like:

AAA
Exile
Epik High
Flow
Flumpool
L`Arc~En~Ciel
Mr Children
Uverworld
Yui
Stereopony

That's just off the top of my head. Most of them aren't 'pop' but that's the jpop I listen to usually :p (except Epik High which is Kpop)

Zero

Smash Hero
I think I might as well list my favourite singers/artists.

J A P A N -

Chihara Minori (Nagato Yuki's seiyuu, <333)
KOTOKO
Kalafina
Sheryl Nome (May'n's Macross Frontier songs, > Ranka Lee)
Nakagawa Shouko-tan (Gurren Lagann songs)
Tainaka Sachi
Girl Dead Monster (:p)
Otsuka Ai
Lia

K O R E A -

SNSD
Kara

need moar plz

fufufu

Vlade those are mostly rock, haha >.< Not really much into rock music anymore.

the only FLOW songs I like are the ones from Code Geass :p

Technodeath

Smash Champion
Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat

Hail Satan, burn churches, and stay metal \m/

Anyways. I'm not actually hating. I respect everyone elses musical tastes.
This just isnt in my preferences :)

Good to see at least there's a group of people who all listen to it :p

tibs7

Smash Champion
man I feel so unasian next to you white peeps.
Lol 2g Jase

Redact looooooves this, so does Attila but he's more j-rock. I don't get how white people can like this sooo much.

What do you guys like about Asia pop/rock/any genre?

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
trolling you people is too easy, you guys dont even try to make it hard for me these days.

unreon

Smash Ace
What do you guys like about Asia pop/rock/any genre?
Depends on the type of asian pop.

K-pop tends to be hyper catchy bubbly electronica, and the industry over there is intent on girl/boy bands (some fill up to 13 members!) and each song has a special unique dance to it. Each song has a cultural blip; their own 15 minutes of fame where everyone has fun dancing the dance along with singing the song.

C-pop...don't ever go into Karaoke if the crowd is predominantly from Hong Kong. Sure, the musicians work on their own and are usually classically trained - so you do get some wonderfully emotive stuff coming through. But therein lies the problem. EVERY SONG IS A HEARTBREAK BALLAD. If you have a night of K with HK friends you'll come out depressed and moody and what used to be a heart is now an upturned grave of painful memories.

J-pop I'm not too sure about, but surely your brother is more of an expert than I ever could be. I do know they have a huge jazz following though.

I tried listening to Asian music during my 'fitting in' high school years and failed miserably. Just couldn't get into it.

I do bust out SNSD though, because I love that **** and they're hot. It's a guilty pleasure and I secretly want to learn the dance, teehee.

TakFR

Smash Lord
NNID
TakAE86
I do bust out SNSD though, because I love that **** and they're hot. It's a guilty pleasure and I secretly want to learn the dance, teehee.
I think that is the main reason most people listen to them :bee:

I don't listen to much J-pop, I used to like Flow but now they are meh I do listen to J-rock =)

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
IZAYAAAAAAAAAAA~~~~~~~~

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/RKVWaW69npM&amp;hl=en_GB&amp;fs=1></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/RKVWaW69npM&amp;hl=en_GB&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
snsd tier list being discussed by me and atticus, with some slight input from kaleidoruby

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Izaya is top tier, I know.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/KAO4M5_Gf00&amp;hl=en_GB&amp;fs=1&autoplay=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/KAO4M5_Gf00&amp;hl=en_GB&amp;fs=1&autoplay=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Zero

Smash Hero
maximum the hormone: bawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

lol luke

:(

Splice

Smash Hero
I Saw this thread and I was going to be the guy to mention Maximum the Hormone xD

In any case, as Tak said, Maximum the Hormone ftw :p

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
k official snsd tier list v1 released

s++++ tier:
Yoona, Tiffany, Yuri, Sooyoung, Seohyun, Taeyeon, Jessica, and Sunny.

shouldn't be a member tier:
Hyoyeon (pig disgusting)

Top Bottom