• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ashley for SSBB Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hydde

Smash Lord
NNID
Rahrthur
Nope, no word from Hydde, but maybe you should just PM a mod and ask to make a new thread. I think you should get the honor in creating the new one.
OKAYS!!! im back!!

i have been practizing a lot with people on weekend-.... next sunday i have a kick *** challenge in the national smash tournie...... so i need to be prepared.

OK on topic....i received yesterday a response from Mic.... and this is what he wrote!:
Hmm...not entirely sure how I'd do that without the thread being deleted with the first post...I'll try a few things out and if that fails, I'll ask one of the admins.

If nothing appears to have changed in a day or 2, please send me a reminder email incase I got distracted and forgot.
so there you have it guys,,, we need to remind him on during the week, and crooss fingers! XD

Btw, what i missed during the weekend..?

Kokichi

Skia Oura
BRoomer
OK,OK, we understand now, and supported ashley before i came here,
but i won't post here
anymore
You can keep posting here, just don't spam ^^ Contribute and it's all good :)

You should not close the Rockman, Ashley, & Geno threads because of the actions of a few if people start acting up. Ban them, not the topics, please.
Don't worry, so far the Rockman and Ashley threads seem okay. We're not going to be suddenly banning "topics" left and right. We could have done that to the Ridley thread, but we tried to give them as many chances as possible. Not only did they have a massive first Ridley thread, but they also had a fairly large second Ridley thread, both of which were breeding grounds for spam, flame, and probably the most warnings per post of any other actual thread. On top of that, when the third thread was made, within 10 pages people were already flaming each other...it was just ridiculous. It descended from actually talking about Ridley as a character to being a sub-cult of people who followed Ridley fervently.

Anyways, we'll definitely be watching the other threads, just as we've always been. The Ridley thread was (hopefully) the only exception, where there was just so much spam and flame and it took so much time away from other parts of the board and our own personal lives that it was no longer worth having here. As it is I spend about an hour each day on SWF, despite currently studying abroad in Japan. I give up studying or going out with friends to close topics and warn people for cussing, and when the vast majority of that would come from one thread, well, the situation just speaks for itself :-/

Pluvius

Smash Journeyman
I don't mean to be out of line, & I understand that it's a lot of work, but... Shouldn't properly dealing with the people that ruined the previous Ridley threads solve the problem by itself? I mean, eventually won't all the bad eggs be weeded out? I know that's a lot of work, so don't think I'm talking out my ***. I've modded before, though not on this large of a scale, so I know the work that's involved.

Is this Ridley thread banning until things cool down? Also, is this a big exception, or does it seem like you need more mods? I'm not offering or whoring myself out, as I have no interest in the position due to personaltime constraints, I was just wondering if we should expect to see a slew of new mods join your ranks to cope with the size of the forum, if it is substantially larger than previously.

Fawriel

Smash Master
Is this Ridley thread banning until things cool down? Also, is this a big exception, or does it seem like you need more mods? I'm not offering or whoring myself out
*raises hand*
I am.

And, I think Mic_128 said that Ridley threads will only be allowed again if when he's confirmed as playable, and even then, his forum will be ruled with an iron fist. I mean, erm. Will have strict rules. Yes.

It's such a pity that the thread's perma-closed, I really looked forward to seeing the reaction to Ridley's confirmation live and in color.

I'd also like to apologize for the Ridley fan-club. Kokichi's analysis concerning the "sub-culture" is pretty much spot-on. I can't exactly justify my "comrades'" behaviour... it's kind of like a game that got out of hand, I suppose.

Well, such is life!

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
OKAYS!!! im back!!

i have been practizing a lot with people on weekend-.... next sunday i have a kick *** challenge in the national smash tournie...... so i need to be prepared.

OK on topic....i received yesterday a response from Mic.... and this is what he wrote!:

so there you have it guys,,, we need to remind him on during the week, and crooss fingers! XD

Btw, what i missed during the weekend..?
Nice job. We do need to put all the info in the first post not the second. I'm glad you missed the weekend you would be sad to find out what happen. But back on topic, have you juged Ashley's victory pose?

Dragonblood21

Smash Journeyman
Nice job. We do need to put all the info in the first post not the second. I'm glad you missed the weekend you would be sad to find out what happen. But back on topic, have you juged Ashley's victory pose?
Me and Megatron were discussing it last night, we are going to create a new thread for her. I am going to make the thread, and we can all move there (this one will be locked).

If anyone here can contribute to the thread's first post in anyway, please do so.

And what do you mean by judged her victory pose?

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Hey guys, how's the Ashley supporting going?

How many members are there now?
Oh yeah, and uh, is the club officially going to stay? If there's some kind of initiation to join let me know :p I want to support both her and Krystal.

MegatronPwnsYou

Smash Lord
Hey guys, how's the Ashley supporting going?

How many members are there now?
Oh yeah, and uh, is the club officially going to stay? If there's some kind of initiation to join let me know :p I want to support both her and Krystal.
Let's just say Ashley is at an all-time high right now.

All you have to do is support Ashley and put the banner in your signature.
or
Write me a 100 paragraph essay on why you think Ashley should be in Brawl.

A new thread by Dragonblood will be up today, with all of the information about the club etc.

We still need some contributions to the first post and if anyone will help we will gladly accept.

§leepy God

Smash Master
Me and Megatron were discussing it last night, we are going to create a new thread for her. I am going to make the thread, and we can all move there (this one will be locked).

If anyone here can contribute to the thread's first post in anyway, please do so.

We can finally make the Ashley thread better. Viper ment the victory poses we talked over last night.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Sweet..

If I think of something that could be added to the first post of the new thread I'll let ya know.

What other clubs were formed on this forum besides ashley and ridley?

Edit: was there a way to put images in signatures without hosting it somehwere?

MegatronPwnsYou

Smash Lord
Sweet..

If I think of something that could be added to the first post of the new thread I'll let ya know.

What other clubs were formed on this forum besides ashley and ridley?

Edit: was there a way to put images in signatures without hosting it somehwere?
Yes, anything you want to contribute is okay, even fan art, I'm thinking about making some sort of drawing. :)

Here is the link to the SmashWiki page, http://www.smashwiki.com/wiki/A.S.H.L.E.Y..

Just look at Clubs under all the text.

No, it has to be hosted.

MegatronPwnsYou

Smash Lord
I want to join the Ashley Club.
Then welcome in, we need all the Ashley Support we can get.

I'm not sure when the new thread will be created, but we will have Ashley supporters names, along with the Club Members.

And if you want to contribute, you are welcome also.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Another thing I'd be willing to support is Zero Suit Samus being accessible from the character select screen.

To stay on subject, has nintendo ever released any extra information regarding Ashley(apart from what we know in warioware) ? I thought I saw some information about her a while ago, but it might not be official.

MegatronPwnsYou

Smash Lord
Another thing I'd be willing to support is Zero Suit Samus being accessible from the character select screen.

To stay on subject, has nintendo ever released any extra informationregarding Ashley(apart from what we know in warioware) ? I thought I saw some information about her a while ago, but it might not be official.
I don't know, the only thing I know of is her description in WarioWare, what else was said about her?

Hydde

Smash Lord
NNID
Rahrthur

And what about you making a new thread.... and then merging it with this one?.
The important thing is that your first post must be the one of the new thread. But i dont know if that can be done:confused:

I really dont know how those merging issues work XD.

Dragonblood21

Smash Journeyman
And what about you making a new thread.... and then merging it with this one?.
The important thing is that your first post must be the one of the new thread. But i dont know if that can be done:confused:

I really dont know how those merging issues work XD.
Well, we aren't really merging the threads, we are going to leave this one and go to the new one. This one will be locked.

I'm going to be opening the new thread tonight (possibly soon).

Just making some minor changes on the first post, and have to PM the mod back letting him know I am finished.

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer
I'm telling you she will not be playable! She can't sing in the background and fight at the same time, isn't it going to sound strange when she is grunting and screaming as she gets her *** kicked whilst singing at the same time? Someone please explain to me the appeal of her over other WW characters.. even just WW characters in general.

Hydde

Smash Lord
NNID
Rahrthur
Well, we aren't really merging the threads, we are going to leave this one and go to the new one. This one will be locked.

I'm going to be opening the new thread tonight (possibly soon).

Just making some minor changes on the first post, and have to PM the mod back letting him know I am finished.
Well just dont forget to take some pics and movesets with you.

Also dont forget the vesperview's second post, which is very nice!.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I'm telling you she will not be playable! She can't sing in the background and fight at the same time, isn't it going to sound strange when she is grunting and screaming as she gets her *** kicked whilst singing at the same time? Someone please explain to me the appeal of her over other WW characters.. even just WW characters in general.
That's sort of a good point, but I don't see Ashley actually singing, it defies her personnality a bit, right? So to me it'd be just like a dk song in the background ABOUT her(urrg, only much better).

But I'm starting to see the argument that maybe Sakurai knew that people liked Ashley but didnt want her playable, so made a song to make her have a part in the game... but I hope not :(

Didnt we hear any dk sounds in the dk rap for melee?

I don't know, the only thing I know of is her description in WarioWare, what else was said about her?
I couldnt find it. Ill check again tomorow. I think it just talked a bit about her magic which would be good to know

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom