• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ashley for SSBB Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neko Godot

Smash Cadet

Well well well, it's Ashley. You may know her from the WarioWare series, or you may not, and in that case I direct you to her Wikipedia article here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Wario_characters#Ashley

Anyway, you may be asking yourself right now, "What makes Ashley such a good candidate for Brawl?" That my friend, is a good question, and I will answer it with one of those silly lists that you always see in these character support threads.

1. She's Gothic Lolita. Gothic Lolita is pretty big in Japan, and is kinda popular amongst the Otaku of the USA. Adding Ashley in would be adding a character that would appeal to the Japanese, and us Westeners wouldn't care, because at least we know who she is, unlike some Japan-only characters.

2. She's a girl. This is kinda stupid to put on here, since obviously from her name and picture you could tell she's a girl. Well, maybe if you were blind you couldn't tell, but if you were blind it would be impossible to view this website. But anyway, I listed this because everyone always puts this on their list of reasons if it's a female character.

3. She's a magic user. Melee involved a lot of sword/weapon users and physical fighters. The only characters that could be considered magic users were Zelda, Mewtwo, and Ness (correct me if I'm wrong), and, at a strech, you can say Ganondorf was a magic user, even though he really was just using physical attacks with a purple aura. Anyway, since Ganondorf may become a sword fighter in Brawl, it would be reasoable to add in a character that could use dark magic, and who could do a better job at that than Ashley?

That's all I have for now, but this list shall be ever expanding, like an obese guy's waistline. If you have anything you feel that should be added on this list, feel free to post it. And if anyone has a good moveset, post that too. ^^

vesperview

Smash Hero
Ashley from WarioWare in Brawl

Ashley for SSBB!

After today's update, unveiling her theme... I guess is safe to assume she stands a fair chance to be second rep of the WarioWare series, she is really cool and witty, what do you think?

Link to Ashley's Theme:

http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/music/music12.html

Ashley video on WarioWare Smooth Moves.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=-YRMJNSvHWc

Plus, if Wario is in his WarioWare attire, it must be for a reason, having a second rep could also make for a great subspace emissary plot... I mean if the WarioWare series is only getting a stage and Wario, they should have just put Wario with his yellow overalls but then again that's just my opinion.

Moveset by MegatronPwnsYou:

Standard B: Red Lightning: Mock the name, but this will make Red in a form of a staff, Ashely will shoot out the lightning by charging up, (of course you can hold the charge), and depending on how much you charge it, the range and power will be great, (just like Samus Charge Blast) and fire it at will. Quote, this strike will look like the real lightning strike but the range will come to an end depinding on how far you charge, but will go pass the whole stage if charged completley.

Side B: Red Fork: (Well all I can think of Red for the beginging an attack for Ashley), this will make Red from into a Fork, (a devils fork of course), and stab your enemies. Quote, this is a quick attack and don't have a lot of range, (to at least 1/4 of a reguler stage), and it is not a strong knockback attack, but you can do at least three combos with it.

Up B: Red Broom: (You guessed it), Red will take a form of a Broom, with this Ashley can fly with it. Quote, Ashley is able to glide with the broom like a character glide, but for only two seconds. Also, Ashley is invincible while turning Red into a broom, but vunreble to attacks when she glides.

Down B: Red Dark Portal: (I don't like her final smash to be a portal so I did this), Red will take a form of a baton and spin really fast and a dark portal will form, this will reflect attacks coming at you and if your enemies get too close, they get sucked into the portal for a seconed and spit out in another. Quote, this attack has a strong knockback, but has lag time to start if you are not ready to use it. Also the reflect can't be damaged or broken, (as you see with characters like Fox, Mario, Zelda etc.), this attack is short range to, so think of a right way to use it.

Another moveset by The Sleepy One:

A: Jabs

AA: Lift Jabs

AAA: Magic Hand (Electric magic)

Straight A: Red attacks by head budding the opponite

Dash A: Ashley hold out her hands, while dashing she can burn her opponites when she gets near.

Up A: Red attacks by jabbing in the air.

Down A: Ashley hold her left hand down and and quick fire will apper on the gound.

Smash A Straight: She will hold her right hand out and dark magic will come out, (very powerful knockback).

Smash Up A: She will form Red into a Rod, and lightning will come from the sky into the rod, the opponite will get shock if too close, (a fair knockback).

Smash Down A: Ashley will snap her finger, then a burst of dark magic will apper on the ground, (strong knockback).

A Air: Ashley form diffrent colors of stars and attack close up enemies.

A Straight Air: Ashley will make a cloud of dark energy, (similer to Ness's stright A air).

A Back Air: Ashley will kick backwards and fire will come out, (similer to Zelda's back A air).

A Up Air: Ashley will throw Red in the air and Red will be on fire, (when it hits, it has a strong knockback).

A Down Air: Ashley will kick down with a lot of force, (a strong meteor smash).

Grabs: Ashley will not grab, but she will hypnotize her opponite and they will freeze on contect.

Grab A: Red will hit her opponite when they are in a daze.

Throw Straight: She will lift her right hand and force her opponite away, (a powerful knockback).

Throw Back: She will apper behind her enemy and blast them with a fire ball that apper from her hand, (a good knockback).

Throw Up: Ashley will lift both her hands and the opponite will be launched up in the air, (strong knockback).

Throw Down: Ashley will blast dark magic into the ground at the opponite, the opponite will be in the air then Ashley will force her opponite to the ground.

Taunt 1: Ashley will nod her head and say "weaklings."

Taunt 2: Ashley will take her doll out and hug it, then put it away.

Taunt 3: Ashely will spin in the air then smile afterwords.

Ashley's grabs by Hydde:

Because of her uniqueness characteristic of having a morphing pal all the time, she can be very cool to use. Is not like the ICs, where both need to work together actively to survive.
In Ashley´s case..we all know that Red could be like an NPc solely for the use of Ashley.

My moveset will be something in this lines:

Ashley would be all the time when doing nothing with Red just slightly behind her, and always in the same distance.. Anywhere Ashley moves or jump..Red will follow her precisely (unlike Nana which almost always gets behind something). To prevent him to got stuck on walls or things like that, the time red gets a little far form her...he will just appear right at her side (think about the animation of Nana dissapearing when Popo dies).

With her standard attacks , she could do some attacks with her bare hands and magic animations , and others with Red. For exmaple.... think about a jab triple combo. Three hits with a little of magic to make her range a little bigger. But his forward tilt could be Ashley doing a forward stab with the rod and casting some ligfhting. Red would quickly transforms and return back to his normal form once the blow animation ended. Since we all know this kinds of things happen very fast.... Red would be practically in a transformation Frenzy thru all the battle , but this could be easy solved with quick appear and dissapearing animations posted above(ie Red dissapears and the animation of ashley´s rod takes place, then red reappears)... and it would be funny. Having red running behind ashley all the way would be so cool.

All of her B moves would pratically involve Red transforming into her rod and then Ashley´s doing her magic.

Her grabs!:
Ashley would get his opponent grabbed with her magic. Her standard A hit when grabbing would be a magic shock or something to the opponent.

Forward throw: ashley slams his opponent forward her with a magical firecracker explotion!

Down throw: Ashley slams his foe to the ground with magic..making him bounce to her back where Red is. Then Red does a headbutt on the wiggling opponent to send him definitely far away.

Up Throw: Ashley sends his opponent upwards, while at the same time she screams "Red" and points her finger to her foe. Red quickly Transform into a Ball of fire (think something in the lines of Kirby´s dash attack) and slams against the opponent exploding and sending him further up. Quickly Red will reappear behind ashley. This attack can star KO you in very high %.

Taunts:
1-Reds fly towards ashley and transform into a new witch outfit for ashley including a pumpking halloween basket XD .Then ashley says one of her famous lines.

2- Ashley does her famous pose with the Rod up in the air and do some of her magic.

3- Reds transforms into a magic book, while ashley is reading it on the floor and giggling some words in a suspicious way. A dark and demonic aura starts flowing out of ashley´s and up in the air the magic smoke forms the word "Ashley for Brawl" then she stands up and red appears again. (lol)

Costume Recolors by Megadio26:

More pictures:

MegatronPwnsYou

Smash Lord
Hmm, now after seeing the update for her song on Dojo, this might actually be a Choice.. somone needs to find a moveset...?

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Can you add information and stuff because I have no idea who that character is

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer
I doubt she will be playable because of the whole my music thing especially

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Her Gothic Lolita thing isn't very good...they should have made it better

Homelessvagrant

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5455-9417-5731
I hope he's alone, I really dislike Ashley. I'd rather Mona be the second rep if any but then again there shouldn't be a second rep. I feel this is a wast of a song though. Vocals? How does anyone brawl with that kind of music. I'ts sad because Warioware has some great tracks (spitz and Dibble usually have good songs to their mingames).

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Wow, I have no idea what is going on in Wario Ware when I watched it...I have to at least try that game

Arrow

BRoomer
BRoomer
I don't think she has any chance of being playable. That said, if there is a playable character from the WarioWare series, she's probably the most likely candidate (and the one I would most like to see). I can see a lot more variety in her moves than there would be for characters like Mona or Kat/Ana. But again... zero chance.

EdwardGordon

Smash Journeyman
Ashely has always been one of my long-shots to get into Brawl. I've actually mentioned her name a few times on this forum but no one's really responded.

I would love to see her in it, and it wouldn't really surprise me if she gets in after this update.

Ashely/Red is my pick for a second WarioWare candidate.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Now that I think about it...Didn't that Japanese site say Ashley was their guess for a character...

...Maybe it was a different Ashley though

Homelessvagrant

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5455-9417-5731
I don't think she has any chance of being playable. That said, if there is a playable character from the WarioWare series, she's probably the most likely candidate (and the one I would most like to see). I can see a lot more variety in her moves than there would be for characters like Mona or Kat/Ana. But again... zero chance.
I see this as Boss battle music that can also be in the warioware stage. Yes I think Ashley is most fitting as a boss.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
The Japanese did predict her...

...Maybe she's well liked in Japan...

She may actually have a chance...

Unless it was a different Ashley

Pluvia's other account

Smash Master
I hope he's alone, I really dislike Ashley. I'd rather Mona be the second rep if any but then again there shouldn't be a second rep. I feel this is a wast of a song though. Vocals? How does anyone brawl with that kind of music. I'ts sad because Warioware has some great tracks (spitz and Dibble usually have good songs to their mingames).
DK Rap?

I would prefer Mona, but Ashley would be quite cool too. :)

Her chances have been risen, so heck, who knows!

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
DK Rap?

I would prefer Mona, but Ashley would be quite cool too. :)

Her chances have been risen, so heck, who knows!
Did you actually like the DK Rap, I avoided that level because it was annoying

EdwardGordon

Smash Journeyman
We've had three teases when it comes to music:
K.K. Rider, Ridley and now Ashely.

I think its safe to say they will all appear in Brawl. (in one form or another)

And if you don't like the music, remember they now have the music preference option, so no worries.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I tried...I just really don't like this character...Seems like a horrible witch cliche...

Blobulator

Smash Journeyman
I tried...I just really don't like this character...Seems like a horrible witch cliche...
Half the WarioWare cast are "cliche" :chuckle: I don't quite see what's wrong with it. Take Jimmy T. for example, could he be any more stereotypical in regard to disco? I know he wouldn't be as cliche for a fighting game, but then you have the problem that he doesn't really showcase any offensive capabilities either. Ashley has the potential for offense, even if cliche. Even if she's not playable I think she'd fit well as a WarioWare boss - I'll just cut my thoughts from another topic...

<snip>"...Well really, if every franchise gets a boss or something along those lines in Adventure Mode, I don't see anyone else who would really fit better. If they decide to really focus Wario moreso at WarioWare rather than Warioland, as shown by his outfit (although it would seem odd if we don't get the option of his classic purple and yellow), WarioWare doesn't *quite* have a villian.

Aside from Wario himself stealing profits, Ashley seems more like the only real candidate I can think of off the top of my head as a WarioWare "villian", considering she's just somewhat questionable and sadistic. That, and she DID try to cook Orbulon, and then even little ol' Red :chuckle: However if Ashley is playable I wouldn't be upset one bit, I like her in an odd way..." </snip>

So yeah...

Playable: Maybe, I quite like her but I wouldn't be heartbroken if she wasn't.
Boss: Probably more likely, since I can't quite think of anyone else to fit it for this franchise unless they draw upon WarioLand as well as WarioWare.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Half the WarioWare cast are "cliche" :chuckle: I don't quite see what's wrong with it. Take Jimmy T. for example, could he be any more stereotypical in regard to disco? I know he wouldn't be as cliche for a fighting game, but then you have the problem that he doesn't really showcase any offensive capabilities either. Ashley has the potential for offense, even if cliche. Even if she's not playable I think she'd fit well as a WarioWare boss - I'll just cut my thoughts from another topic...

<snip>"...Well really, if every franchise gets a boss or something along those lines in Adventure Mode, I don't see anyone else who would really fit better. If they decide to really focus Wario moreso at WarioWare rather than Warioland, as shown by his outfit (although it would seem odd if we don't get the option of his classic purple and yellow), WarioWare doesn't *quite* have a villian.

Aside from Wario himself stealing profits, Ashley seems more like the only real candidate I can think of off the top of my head as a WarioWare "villian", considering she's just somewhat questionable and sadistic. That, and she DID try to cook Orbulon, and then even little ol' Red :chuckle: However if Ashley is playable I wouldn't be upset one bit, I like her in an odd way..." </snip>

So yeah...

Playable: Maybe, I quite like her but I wouldn't be heartbroken if she wasn't.
Boss: Probably more likely, since I can't quite think of anyone else to fit it for this franchise unless they draw upon WarioLand as well as WarioWare.
She's seem way too boring cliche...

Admittedly I haven't played Wario ware yet, I'm at least interested in trying it but it seems boring with short, looked like 3 second mini games...doesn't seem like something I see myself playing for years after I get it...or even months

Kereokacola

Disco Romance
BRoomer
I love Ashley, and believe she would make an excellent character (and let's not forget the fact that she's a female, which there is a great need for.)

But with the inclusion of My Music, this is just another song to play on the stage.

Pluvia's other account

Smash Master
That "My Music" excuse holds no water.

The EXACT SAME thing can be said for Ridley.

"I would love Ridley to be playable, but with the inclusion of My Music, this is just another song to play on the stage..

He'll most likely be a boss."

The only difference is people being biased.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
That "My Music" excuse holds no water.

The EXACT SAME thing can be said for Ridley.

"I would love Ridley to be playable, but with the inclusion of My Music, this is just another song to play on the stage..

He'll most likely be a boss."

The only difference is people being biased.
Except Ridley is popular

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Roy..?

P.S

I do want Ridley, I'm just pointing out that My Music excuse is useless.
Well Roy's not going to be in Brawl...He was only in Melee as an advertisement

Are you suggesting they would add Ashley because of an upcoming Warioware game...I doubt it...What do you think Wario was for?

Pluvia's other account

Smash Master
Well Roy's not going to be in Brawl...He was only in Melee as an advertisement

Are you suggesting they would add Ashley because of an upcoming Warioware game...I doubt it...What do you think Wario was for?
Ashely has been previous WW games. That excuse about My Music is useless, especially if people use that Boss one with it. The exact same thing can be said for Ridley, except he has more chance being a Boss. Popularity is also a rubbish excuse, Roy, Pit, Ice Climbers.. etc.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Ashely has been previous WW games. That excuse about My Music is useless, especially if people use that Boss one with it. The exact same thing can be said for Ridley, except he has more chance being a Boss. Popularity is also a rubbish excuse, Roy, Pit, Ice Climbers.. etc.
Roy was put in ONLY because of an advertisement though so that is a horrible example

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom