• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ashley for SSBB Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

RDK

Smash Hero
Also i'm sure that more people would like me in here than you. I was contributing to the thread by trying to make a topic that we could discuss... Not all character threads have to be filled with arguments you know.
The whole point of a forum discussion is so that all opinions / views are represented. What's the point in having a one-sided discussion?

Dragonblood21

Smash Journeyman
I'm starting to think that calling people close-minded is the only way you can make your arguments look good.

Yes, I read your argument, but I only addressed the first part, because everything else in your post was based on the ASSUMPTION that the WW franchise will get a character representation at all.

Again, your "belief" is only viable if WW gets any character representation at all. That's like saying "I believe Mario Strikers has a good chance of getting a second rep," because Bowser is in Brawl.
The first part you addressed rather poorly, since you didn't even talk about anything but his costume and latest look, which was not what I was even discussing. In fact, you STILL have yet to discuss what I said.

No, the argument was based on what Ashley would do for SSBB IF she was in the game. Stop taking words out of context, it doesn't make you look better. And what else am I supposed to base a character on besides what they will do for the game? The game is for entertainment, and I'm pretty sure if the game wasn't entertaining then it would suck rather badly, no matter who was in the game. Each character being individual and having their own ways of adding to the games style is what really makes this game special, and what keeps the game interesting. While this may be an opinion, I would have to say it's quite a strong one. No one wants a game that is boring and uncreative. Ashley would add to the games creativity level and make a unique fighter.

The whole point of a forum discussion is so that all opinions / views are represented. What's the point in having a one-sided discussion?
The point of having a one sided discussion is speculation... We're not just going

"ashley should be in brawl"

"yeah you're right!"

"thanks for saying that i'm right, do you think that ashley should be in brawl"

"yeah totally!"

Besides i think its more fun to speculate than to debate...

Also what is the point? Do you think that by posting here and flaming our opinions that we're gonna stop supporting this character?

Dragonblood21

Smash Journeyman
Megadio seriously GTFO if all you can contribute to this thread is "O great" then please no one wants you here.
Unless your some sort of moderator of this thread, I'm pretty sure he has the right to post wherever he pleases. And ****, even if you WERE a moderator, he was doing nothing wrong, so you would have no right to stop from posting here either.

RDK

Smash Hero
Also what is the point? Do you think that by posting here and flaming our opinions that we're gonna stop supporting this character?
Again, I'm not flaming your opinions. Dragonblood and I are having an intelligent discussion, and all you're doing is accusing me of flaming your opinions. Get your facts right.

Besides i think its more fun to speculate than to debate...
Well then, stay the **** out of our debate.

The first part you addressed rather poorly, since you didn't even talk about anything but his costume and latest look, which was not what I was even discussing. In fact, you STILL have yet to discuss what I said.
I'm not sure how many times I have to say this before it becomes realized. Ashley has no chance if her franchise isn't even going to be represented! Period.

If you're still indignant about your points being ignored, would you care to requote them? I just thought it was important to point out that they would be moot anyway if she didn't even have a chance at getting in.

No, the argument was based on what Ashley would do for SSBB IF she was in the game
Again--what's the point, if she doesn't have a good chance at getting in? And besides, there are plenty of other characters that would be a better and more unique / deserving choice than Ashley.

Dragonblood21

Smash Journeyman
Ashley has no chance if her franchise isn't even going to be represented! Period.
How am I close-minded?
None of any of my posts were like that. I don't randomly go around bashing other characters without supporting my opinions
:: Sips soda ::

I'm sorry what?

You had no intention of having a debate? Your hypocritical? Before I even made my argument you had no intention to agree with me what so ever?

Thought so...

Debate over.

Edit: Wait! I can add another one!

Again--what's the point, if she doesn't have a good chance at getting in? And besides, there are plenty of other characters that would be a better and more unique / deserving choice than Ashley.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
I don't think you should represent everyone.

Also i'm sure that more people would like me in here than you. I was contributing to the thread by trying to make a topic that we could discuss... Not all character threads have to be filled with arguments you know.
We were already discussing a topic... Ashley's chances of getting into Brawl.

How would you like it if you came into a thread I posted in and posted then I said something like "Great another Ashley supporter" ?

And this is debating you know... there is nothing wrong with what we are saying but you make it out as if there is.

Unless your some sort of moderator of this thread, I'm pretty sure he has the right to post wherever he pleases. And ****, even if you WERE a moderator, he was doing nothing wrong, so you would have no right to stop from posting here either.
Yes he was doing something wrong he was acting like and *** by saying that stupid stereotype thing that was already addressed a few pages back.

Dragonblood21

Smash Journeyman
Yes he was doing something wrong he was acting like and *** by saying that stupid stereotype thing that was already addressed a few pages back.
I honestly don't know what your talking about here =\.

I don't dislike you, I just don't think you have the right to tell him to GTFO, nor do I feel it was right/mature of you.

It seems like he is sick of people just coming to to put down the character, I'm sick of it too. He would rather have a more friendlier discussion.

Again, I'm not flaming your opinions. Dragonblood and I are having an intelligent discussion, and all you're doing is accusing me of flaming your opinions. Get your facts right.

Well then, stay the **** out of our debate.
I was out of the debate, i tried to bring up a speculation topic and then what's his face over there told me to get the **** out of the thread and that no one want me here... >_>;

We were already discussing a topic... Ashley's chances of getting into Brawl.

How would you like it if you came into a thread I posted in and posted then I said something like "Great another Ashley supporter" ?
I don't know why you got sooo mad just cause i said that, if i was really acting like an *** like you said why don't you just ignore me? You don't have to make such a big deal out of a comment that you think makes me look stupid.

And this is debating you know... there is nothing wrong with what we are saying but you make it out as if there is.

I'm not really a fan of debating... What if we all said "ashley sucks she has no chance of getting into brawl, her only hope is becoming an assist trophy... BUT if she was in brawl what would her blah blah blah"

Would that make you happy?

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Sick of people? Seriously what Ashley gets is NOTHING compared to other characters and yet you still act like its a big deal... I mean he wasn't even putting Ashley down and that comment (Which the Ashley thread should buy the rights to) was still made.

I don't know why you got sooo mad just cause i said that, if i was really acting like an *** like you said why don't you just ignore me? You don't have to make such a big deal out of a comment that you think makes me look stupid.
Well instead of making that comment why don't you just ignore RDK? [/quote]

I'm not really a fan of debating... What if we all said "ashley sucks she has no chance of getting into brawl, her only hope is becoming an assist trophy... BUT if she was in brawl what would her blah blah blah"

Would that make you happy?
What the **** are you talking about? what has that got to do with what I was saying?

RDK

Smash Hero
:: Sips soda ::

I'm sorry what?

You had no intention of having a debate? Your hypocritical? Before I even made my argument you had no intention to agree with me what so ever?

Thought so...

Debate over.
I see, now. When your arguments start to fail, and you actually start seeing sense, you ignore my points and pass them off as "hypocrital" and "not really debating."

Fine with me. Go on with your "friendly" and close-minded (yes, you are close-minded) discussion.

Dragonblood21

Smash Journeyman
Sick of people? Seriously what Ashley gets is NOTHING compared to other characters and yet you still act like its a big deal... I mean he wasn't even putting Ashley down and that comment (Which the Ashley thread should buy the rights to) was still made.
And I'm sure people who go there regularly are sick of it as well. Just because your able to compare this threads hate to another one that is bigger doesn't make this one's any less annoying.

Well instead of making that comment why don't you just ignore RDK?

What the **** are you talking about? what has that got to do with what I was saying?

umm i am ignoring RDK... Well his posts against ashley mostly, i didn't ignore that one post when he was talking to me specifically cause that'd be rude...

Also lol, i forgot to press the enter key... XD

so yeah it looks like that was a response to your quote, which it wasn't... it was mostly to like RDK since he's the one debating mainly.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
And I'm sure people who go there regularly are sick of it as well. Just because your able to compare this threads hate to another one that is bigger doesn't make this one's any less annoying.
I am not just talking about big threads anyway.

And they don't just go "ZoMg Hyterz LEYVz!!"

But yet you lot make a big deal out of it and make out as if your the most flamed out of all the characters by the way you go on.

Dragonblood21

Smash Journeyman
I see, now. When your arguments start to fail, and you actually start seeing sense, you ignore my points and pass them off as "hypocrital" and "not really debating."

Fine with me. Go on with your "friendly" and close-minded (yes, you are close-minded) discussion.
Oh my god, I'm not even going to point out how stupid that sounds, I'll let you figure it out on your own.

Consider yourself ignored by me.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
umm i am ignoring RDK... Well his posts against ashley mostly, i didn't ignore that one post when he was talking to me specifically cause that'd be rude...

Also lol, i forgot to press the enter key... XD

so yeah it looks like that was a response to your quote, which it wasn't... it was mostly to like RDK since he's the one debating mainly.
Yhea but you said something about him being "another hater" or something which of course is as much ignoring his post as me ignoring your post.

Ok... just go @RDK or something so there is less confusion.

But yet you lot make a big deal out of it and make out as if your the most flamed out of all the characters by the way you go on.
If you really think we're all stupid and that we type badly and we overreact to things... Why don't you just leave?

I'm not telling you leave to like you told me to, but it seems like you just hate our guts cause we're so stupid. Why don't you stop the head ache you get when you read our posts and stop coming to this thread?

Yhea but you said something about him being "another hater" or something which of course is as much ignoring his post as me ignoring your post.

Ok... just go @RDK or something so there is less confusion.
I said "another wave of flamers", I could have said nothing but then my post would have looked kind of dumb... and you guys would probably quote me and go

"YEAH WELL IT DOESN'T MATTER CAUES SEH'S NT IN THE GAME!"

Well by my standards I am ignoring him cause i'm not really reading his posts just like skimming over them and not taking it seriously as if i was in an actual debate

Dragonblood21

Smash Journeyman

I said it's annoying, and I said I'm sick of it, I really don't consider that making a big deal about it.

What they do, has nothing to do with me, so don't say "you lot". I KNOW this happens with other characters a lot, and I'm not even just saying that I'm sick of it happening in this thread, I'm sick of it in general.

Edit: @Megadio - I was actually wondering that myself.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
If you really think we're all stupid and that we type badly and we overreact to things... Why don't you just leave?

I'm not telling you leave to like you told me to, but it seems like you just hate our guts cause we're so stupid. Why don't you stop the head ache you get when you read our posts and stop coming to this thread?
If you have the right to not post anything useful and support a stereotype in this thread then why am I not aloud to have a discussion and fight a stereotype in this thread?

And no that typing badly thing is what most people do when they are trying to undermine a point... and actually its true in certain peoples cases... not anyone logged on at the moment though.

I said it's annoying, and I said I'm sick of it, I really don't consider that making a big deal about it.

What they do, has nothing to do with me, so don't say "you lot". I KNOW this happens with other characters a lot, and I'm not even just saying that I'm sick of it happening in this thread, I'm sick of it in general.
Ok then I will say most Ashley supporters bar Hydde and Dragonblood21. Is that better?

"YEAH WELL IT DOESN'T MATTER CAUES SEH'S NT IN THE GAME!"

Well by my standards I am ignoring him cause i'm not really reading his posts just like skimming over them and not taking it seriously as if i was in an actual debate
Like being hypocritical much? and yhea I don't know how the last paragraph was supposed to help you in anyway.

If you have the right to not post anything useful and support a stereotype in this thread then why am I not aloud to have a discussion and fight a stereotype in this thread?

And no that typing badly thing is what most people do when they are trying to undermine a point... and actually its true in certain peoples cases... not anyone logged on at the moment though.
I never said you weren't allowed... I'm saying why don't you leave?

What are you trying to accomplish? To make us look stupid? To make yourself feel better?
Just something I'd like to know...

And what is the stereo type about us? That we're bad at debating? that we just go "hAterz leav !" is that it? If you really hate seeing us post that over and over again then why don't you just...

leave?

With no 'haters' we would stop saying that so then you accomplish your goal(?) of stopping us from making ourselves look like fools.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Getting off track by the moment, we still need the alt. colors for this character. Don't burn me for saying that please.

Getting off track by the moment, we still need the alt. colors for this character. Don't burn me for saying that please.
Oh yeah, i'll try to do some alternate colors with that picture of that the japanese prediction site made...

Lol, i've never actually tried doing alternate colors... o.o; I hope they look good...

Legolastom

Smash Hero
I never said you weren't allowed... I'm saying why don't you leave?

What are you trying to accomplish? To make us look stupid? To make yourself feel better?
Just something I'd like to know...

And what is the stereo type about us? That we're bad at debating? that we just go "hAterz leav !" is that it? If you really hate seeing us post that over and over again then why don't you just...

leave?

With no 'haters' we would stop saying that so then you accomplish your goal(?) of stopping us from making ourselves look like fools.
Yhea and I say why don't you just GTFO or please GTFO...

What!? I am trying to undermine the statement not you yourselves so please don't try and make it out as if I am doing anything else.

"hAterz leav !" Yes this is the stereotype, its a bad stereotype which adds nothing and just makes you look stupid so why shouldnt you not post it?

And if you hate we being here so much why don't you just...

leave?

Yes but what is a hater? someone who doesn't want Ashley in Brawl? so if people dont share your opinion then they should just leave?

Why not a black costume with stars on it? and don't worry you didn't make any stupid pointless comments so you don't deserve to be flamed.

Dragonblood21

Smash Journeyman
No one is going to burn you, and I'll stick up for you even if they are :laugh:.

Yes, can we please get back on topic? I don't know about you guys, I don't really feel like discussing who should leave, who is staying for whatever reason, who's right, who's wrong, I just feel like having just a regular discussion.

Anyways. So far we have her regular costume. A witch like costume. A red costume, and Red dresses like her (anyone else like this idea? I kinda like it, just wondering your guys opinions on it).

omg... >_< I was just about to finish the blue ashley color, just adding some finishing touches... and then my computer restarts...

>_>; Which color should i start? White, Green, Purple, or Black? I'm gonna do blue last now...

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
omg... >_< I was just about to finish the blue ashley color, just adding some finishing touches... and then my computer restarts...

>_>; Which color should i start? White, Green, Purple, or Black? I'm gonna do blue last now...
I'm thinking Black. :laugh:

But Purple could be a good start to.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
So Guys, anything happen while I was busy destroying my friend in Melee?
Just thinking of some alt. colors for yours truly, Megadio made some fine one's on the previous page, purple and green so far. How bad did you beat them?

ThoraxeRMG

Smash Ace
It was a 3 way battle royal, but when they started to noticed I was winning they decided to team up on me. But I still won. Even though they're pro tournament leveled. :D
Anyways, do you think it would be better to have Ashley have different outfits other than differently colored dresses?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom