• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ashley for SSBB Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

PolarisJunkie

Smash Apprentice
NNID
PolarisJunkie
3DS FC
0361-7305-7321
I don't think she's in the game. Why would they get 2 different actresses to voice her song and her character? That doesn't make make any sense.
I don't believe Ashley will be in Brawl, but this has occured often.

Take Disney's Aladdin. Two people did the voice of Jasmine. One did her speaking parts, and another did her singing.

Brawlman

Smash Ace
HOW is Ashley evil enough to be a boss!? She may be creepy, but she's NOT evil!

Orbulon makes more sence than her! He tried to take over the earth...But failed and ended up working for Wario. He even tried forcing Dribble and Spitz into working for him in the Gamecube game!

Ashley is just a creepy girl with powers...Nothing more!

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

Orbulon makes more sence than her! He tried to take over the earth...But failed and ended up working for Wario. He even tried forcing Dribble and Spitz into working for him in the Gamecube game!

Well AShley tried to cook Orbulon

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
And Orbulon is evil. Therefore, she was trying to do good. XP
No, that definetly doesn't make her good...and she definetly wasn't doing it for the right reason either

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Well, she never tried to conquer the world like Orbulon did.
You have to try to conquer the world to be evil...Wow, I guess their are only a couple evil people throughout all of history...

Darkfur

Abbey Recorder
sneaking low to the ground, ready to pounce
You have to try to conquer the world to be evil...Wow, I guess their are only a couple evil people throughout all of history...
Does that make Alexander the Great Evil? D: But but... *hopes are crushed*

=p Seriously though, Ashley is pretty much just "dark" which for some reason is considered evil. Reminds me of my misunderstood Warlock in D&D. Just because he was Half-fiend everyone hated him. But he wanted so hard to make his mother proud and not be like his evil father. There are a lot of grey areas on the good and evil scale.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
The main reason (besides the ones pointed out on here) I would support this because they...technically...I could play as my fiance on Brawl since her name is Ashley. Which would be absoutely hilarious for her to play as herself. Plus she likes magical things and is in love with Gotic Lolita fashion.

Hmm....

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
They showed Yoshi's Voice in a song he was added.
K.K. Slider voice was in a song he is just a background appearance.
I think she has a pretty good chance

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Well that is horrible logic

Kirbykrew

Smash Journeyman
That's not saying much, Yoshis are a Species.

Really, food for thought: If the song plays at a stage, how can she sing and fight at the same time? Same goes for K.K. Slider.

EDIT: Not against her being in, just saying.

Darkfur

Abbey Recorder
sneaking low to the ground, ready to pounce
That's not saying much, Yoshis are a Species.

Really, food for thought: If the song plays at a stage, how can she sing and fight at the same time? Same goes for K.K. Slider.

EDIT: Not against her being in, just saying.

That's a really good point. I was just listening to some Beatles music and now you have me wondering how that's possible when some of them are dead! D: ZOMBIES in my computer!????!!!

Fawriel

Smash Master
Oh and please stop using the cliche' argument against her. Have you looked at the Mario Series?

"An unlikely hero, saves a princess from a big dumb greedy monster." What? I've never heard THAT story before!! Oh wait....

Cliche's are only bad if you don't use them effectively.
To everyone who keeps throwing out the "cliche" argument, take a trip here. Hopefully, you'll learn something.:)
Such... educated replies...
I think I have to cry...
Squee!

Hrmm, why didn't I think of linking to tvtropes.org!
This must be rectified!
Hah!
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main.WarioWare
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/EmotionlessGirl
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ElegantGothicLolita

Hmm, I admittedly don't know her character very well ( only really saw her story in Touched! ), but she always struck me as the type who is just a "lesser evil" since she doesn't actually succeed in doing the evil stuff she plans to achieve. She does whatever it takes to find those ingredients, apparently not hesitating from using her little devil as one. Although that's never shown, so it probably never happened.
Anyway, point is, she could easily be manipulated into helping the evil side if it meant getting what she needs. She's still more of a miniboss type, though, since she's probably not evil or powerful enough to actually be one pulling the strings behind it all.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
She looks cliche and boring (and her outfit is dreadful), that's why I don't support her...Not why she's not going to be in the game...

...I still don't think she's going to be PC though

specialsauce

Smash Journeyman
hmmm if she is playable that would be intresting after todays music update it seems likley but she could just be a boss of some sort or just make an apperence in subspace

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
hmmm if she is playable that would be intresting after todays music update it seems likley but she could just be a boss of some sort or just make an apperence in subspace
What would make her a boss? It's not like she's a villain.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
I know every body know Ashley form Wario Ware Touched and Sooth Moves before you doubt what she is cappable of.

Fawriel

Smash Master
She looks cliche and boring (and her outfit is dreadful), that's why I don't support her...Not why she's not going to be in the game...
First post of this page, first post of this page!
Also, you should always do a little research in general before you judge something. General advice for living.

Simply put: Anyone who finds Ashley "cliche and boring" has to think the same about Wario, Snake, and a bunch of others.

Hey, I don't think this has been brought up yet.
Isn't it sorta notable how the icon for Wario's franchise is a "W" although it could easily be something much more easily associated with the Wario Ware franchise itself, like Wario's trademark nose and moustache? Or even... garlic?
It's just a detail, but somehow it tells me that Wario will be the only "Wario" character. Probably since I never expected anyone else in the first place, but, yeah.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
she doesnt have to be if shes controlled by someone and who says she cant be a baddie if she wanted to haha
You have a good point. But some players could be both, I think Meta Knight is both a playable and a boss at the same time, or his ship got robbed.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
First post of this page, first post of this page!
Also, you should always do a little research in general before you judge something. General advice for living.

Simply put: Anyone who finds Ashley "cliche and boring" has to think the same about Wario, Snake, and a bunch of others.

Hey, I don't think this has been brought up yet.
Isn't it sorta notable how the icon for Wario's franchise is a "W" although it could easily be something much more easily associated with the Wario Ware franchise itself, like Wario's trademark nose and moustache? Or even... garlic?
It's just a detail, but somehow it tells me that Wario will be the only "Wario" character. Probably since I never expected anyone else in the first place, but, yeah.
They still have some uniqueness to them...Her stereotype is usually the one I actually LIKE in games and stuff but I don't like her...

specialsauce

Smash Journeyman
You have a good point. But some players could be both, I think Meta Knight is both a playable and a boss at the same time, or his ship got robbed.
yeah it would be cool to see her as a PC and a boss but as of now u cant really tell mostlikley boss but sakurai's aways keepin us gussin we won know till we get that update haha

Magnacor

Smash Ace
I guess I'll put my two cents in. I say if she's not a playable character she will definetly an Assist Trophy. I don't think that they would put her as a boss because it wouldn't make much sense to go through all that work just put someone with a moveset as a boss. I think that they'd put her as an Assist Trophy before they made her a boss.

specialsauce

Smash Journeyman
I guess I'll put my two cents in. I say if she's not a playable character she will definetly an Assist Trophy. I don't think that they would put her as a boss because it wouldn't make much sense to go through all that work just put someone with a moveset as a boss. I think that they'd put her as an Assist Trophy before they made her a boss.
true bu then why would they make a song thingy for an assist trophey? unless it plays when she is released so maaaany things are possible

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Her theme means about as much as Ridley's theme: Nothing. It's just a recognizable song from the series, so they put it in Brawl.

Still, I support Ashley's unlikely inclusion, since she is my favorite character from WarioWare... :dizzy:

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Her theme means about as much as Ridley's theme: Nothing. It's just a recognizable song from the series, so they put it in Brawl.

Still, I support Ashley's unlikely inclusion, since she is my favorite character from WarioWare... :dizzy:
Lets just hope that Sakurai has made a place for them with no copy moves.

specialsauce

Smash Journeyman

the fact that shes actually singing in the background leads me to believe shell make some sort of apperance

robo313

Smash Rookie
ashley rules! shes cute, she has a song on brawl, she will at least be a assist trophey

VanillaMummy

Smash Journeyman
Mona would be a far more likely character, as she is basically the 2nd most important character in the WarioWare franchise and is somewhat of a love interest of Wario.

Also, just because she has a song means nothing really, especially since every level will have at least 5 songs that you can select to play with it. I think Sakurai just wanted to give us something else besides a FS that we've already seen and threw a song into the updates.

I doubt its a clue and I doubt she'll be playable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom