• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ascension 3 Results!

Sync.

Smash Champion
Ascension 3 Results​

This tournament was held on November 3, 2012 and was pretty awesome. The venue was great and the tournament was really hype. We had a 22 entrants which wasn't as much this time around, but we are looking forward to the next big tournament! Without further ado, your results!

Brawl Singles

1: UltimateRazer ($95.00)==:snake:
2: Denti ($47.50)==:olimar:
3: Gnes ($28.50)==:metaknight:
4: Pwii ($19.00)==:metaknight:
5: PJ==:toonlink:/:metaknight:
5: Sync==:metaknight:
7: Dark Shifter==:metaknight:
7: Asa==:olimar:
9: P4==:metaknight:
9: Tesh==:sonic:
9: BC==:metaknight:
9: Zori==:olimar:
13: DJ Phatz==:diddy:
13: ToT==:popo:
13: Maharba==:pit:
13: Zero==:sonic:
17: Run C.T==:peach:
17: Kilik==:sheik:
17: R4GE==:metaknight:
17: Ojih==:wolf:
17: Eduardo==:sheik:
17: Phamink==:marth:

Brawl Doubles

1: When Evil Meets Light (Denti+Razer) ($72.00)==:olimar:+:snake:
2: The Vortex (Zori+Gnes) ($36.00)==:olimar:+:diddy:/:metaknight:
3: Destruction Duet (Pwii+PJ) ($12.00)==:metaknight:+:toonlink:
4: Don't Look It's Dirty (Asa+Sync)==:olimar:+:metaknight:
5: ***** *** *****s (Dj Phatz+BC)==:diddy:+:metaknight:
5: Blue Typhoon (Zero+Dark Shifter)==:sonic:+:metaknight:
7: The Clap (Tesh+Run C.T)==:sonic:+:peach:

Mid Tier Singles

1: Zero ($23.10)==:sonic:
2: Pwii ($6.60)==:pit:/:yoshi2: (left early)
3: Tesh ($3.30)==:sonic:
4: Kilik==:sheik:
5: Denti==:pit:
5: Sync==:pit:/:rob:/:wolf:
7: UltimateRazer==:pit:/:fox:
7: BC==:dk2:
9: Maharba=:pit:/:luigi2:
9: PJ==:kirby2:/:ike:/:fox:
9: Asa==:ness2:
9: Ojih==:wolf:
13: Phamink==:kirby2:

YOLO Singles

1: Denti ($18.90)==:olimar:/:metaknight:
2: Kilik ($5.40)==:sheik:
3: Sync ($2.70)==:pt:/:wolf:/:ike:/:metaknight:/:snake:
4: Tesh==:sonic:/:pt:/:wario:/:metaknight:
5: Dark Shifter==:metaknight:
5: Pwii==:random:
7: PJ==:random:
7: Zero==:sonic:
9: Ojih==:wolf:
13: ToT==:popo:

If I got any characters or information wrong, let me know. Will post more results as they become available, thank you all for coming! Bracket images on the way!

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Shoutouts to PJ vs Dark Shifter, that was a pretty entertaining match to watch.

NH Cody

Smash Champion
3: Gnes ($28.50)==:metaknight:
4: Pwii ($19.00)==:metaknight:
5: PJ==:toonlink:/:metaknight:
5: Sync==:metaknight:
7: Dark Shifter==:metaknight:
9: P4==:metaknight:
17: R4GE==:metaknight:

Brawl Doubles
2: The Vortex (Zori+Gnes) ($36.00)==:olimar:+:diddy:/:metaknight:
3: Destruction Duet (Pwii+PJ) ($12.00)==:metaknight:+:toonlink:
4: Don't Look It's Dirty (Asa+Sync)==:olimar:+:metaknight:
5: ***** *** *****s (Dj Phatz+BC)==:diddy:+:metaknight:
5: Blue Typhoon (Zero+Dark Shifter)==:sonic:+:metaknight:
:metaknight: :metaknight: :metaknight: :metaknight:

gee MK legal tourneys have such wonderful character diversity!

Great job Zero in Mid Tier singles!
good job PJ in regular singles!

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Will videos get uploaded? Particularly wf, lf and gf? Both singles and doubles?

:phone:

Edit: I think I saw Gnes go diddy vs Razer.
Not all of the replays were saved. Some people didn't save replays, derp.

Gnes did use Diddy in singles a few times.

Aria Hatsune

Smash Ace
this tourney was indeed the was too legit :)

Shoutouts:

Razer: good seein' you again dude, and gj in singles and doubles.
Denti: good job in both singles and doubles, fun conversations w/ ya.
Gnes: Great seein' and playing you Gnes, thanks alot for the tips, I really appreciate it.
Pwii: good seein' you bro, it's a shame you had to leave early, winning mid tier honestly didn't felt almost empty because of that :/ either way MM both your Yoshi and your MK next time I see you.
PJ: good seein ya and hangin' w/ you dude, the friendlies were fun, and the directions were pro :) It was also hilarious seein' you get bodied by the "Paw" thwomp last night lol.
Sync: Thanks so much for housing and hosting the tournament! You did an amazing job on both of these considering some of the circumstances, also GGs in our tourney sets, your MK has definitely improved again :) Also good **** with that come from behind win in MP last night lol. Seein' you body the "PJ" and get bodied by the Sun in SMB3 was too funny tho.
Dark Shifter: Good **** beating Sync and taking Gnes to game 3, thanks for comin' along, it was a blast and the megabus rides would've been less entertainin' w/o ya bro. Also teams was pretty fun, although we got TRASHED.

Asa: Fun friendlies with you, still glad I didn't have to play you in mid tiers, don't have the CG down well enough imo to have beaten you with Sonic, probably would've had to go DK.
Tesh: Fun friendlies, said most of what I wanted to say to you in person, but yeah, enjoyed hanging with you.
BC: Fun friendles, and cool mid tiers set, that DK had aight spacing :) and DI.
Also, thanks a ton for going to get my controller from Sync's from me :D
DJ Phatz: By far the things you said/did were the funnies things, and possibly most memorable for me this weekend/tourney. our friendlies we fun too xD
ToT: Fun Friendlies, and YOLO tourney set was fun/hilarious/gay. good ICs.
Maharba: always good to see ya dude, we didn't play this time tho :/
C.T.: Fun friendlies, was cool hanging and talkin' w/ ya.
Kilik: Fun mid tiers sets, I'm sorry I didn't meet my end of the deal of us meeting in GFs of mid tiers and instead made us play in loser's semis xD
Eduardo: Fun tourney set, you've gotten better, keep coming to more tournies, watch videos, read up, and play more, you'll be good in no time :)
Phamink: your Marth is definitely going somewhere if you keep attending tournies dude, just keep playing, reading, watching vids and give it your best while having a good time, you'll get that W eventually :) Also, thanks for the ride to Sync's from the Venue.
Sama: Fun tourney/side event sets lol. you definitely unrusted that wolf of yours really well by the end of the day xD keep at it and keep it fresh.

SAM: Thanks for rides tothe venue and to the megabus stop, really appreciate you driving for us dude, this weekend definitely couldn't have went the way it did w/o you to help bro :)

Shoutouts to a few fun/interesting/funny moments:
Me Snake D-throw tech chasing Medley. She really needs to work on her get-up mixups lol.
Sync getting bodied by the sun.
Me getting bodied by "the PJ" boomerang bros.
C.T. getting bodied by "the Marth" aka the chain chomp.
Dj Phatz' toad voice. "Pick a Box~!" lol.
C.T. getting 2 hidden stars in a row in MP2.
Trela, C.T. , Dj Phatz, Dark Shifter, and my group discussion that we had at Burger King and on the way back to Sync's.
Me getting greedy and getting ***** by Denti in mid tiers.
PJ getting bodied by a thwomp.
Tesh/Dj Phatz hard "R" conversation with Dark Shifter. You guys know what I'm talking about. "It's the 'R' that hurts" lol.
The entire YOLO side event.

Also, big shoutouts to everyone who attended this tourney at all, or went by Sync's place for making this weekend really amazing for me and everyone who went to the tourney.
I assure you guys, that if even one of you guys had been missing it wouldn't have been the same, at least for me <3

Edit: also a little SA trivia for you guys who don't already know, the guy getting trashed in that GIF I linked was apparently Nike lol.

... needless to say, he got bodied.

oh and thanks ALSM and DS for the congrats :)

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Yolo=one stock matches, 3/5 set.

Dark Shifter

Smash Ace

Gnes

Smash Master
Gnes did a good job quitting.

:018:
I only went cause a friend of mine asked me to go with him. I'm glad you noticed I entered tho ^_^.

I probably wont be able to make another one regardless to what happens because of a new job, but this tourney wasn't that fun/hype so i don't think I'll really be missing out on anything. Step it up Austin. Competitive spirit is dying for this game. I dont know what you can do to bring it back. You'll think of something.

It was fun teaming with at usual Zori, I figured we wouldnt win considering how little we play these days but we did pretty well. Pj stop getting shuttle looped, razer stop sandbagging in winners, pwii be more consistent, denti win a tourney already before me and trela return for real(will never happen),p4 jerm is always right, abe dubs next time i enter a houston tourney, Trela u booty now like me lol.

See everyone around.

Vega4

Smash Ace
I only went cause a friend of mine asked me to go with him. I'm glad you noticed I entered tho ^_^.

I probably wont be able to make another one regardless to what happens because of a new job, but this tourney wasn't that fun/hype so i don't think I'll really be missing out on anything. Step it up Austin. Competitive spirit is dying for this game. I dont know what you can do to bring it back. You'll think of something.

It was fun teaming with at usual Zori, I figured we wouldnt win considering how little we play these days but we did pretty well. Pj stop getting shuttle looped, razer stop sandbagging in winners, pwii be more consistent, denti win a tourney already before me and trela return for real(will never happen),p4 jerm is always right, abe dubs next time i enter a houston tourney, Trela u booty now like me lol.

See everyone around.
It would be fun if you use Captain Falcon, but you wouldn't be top 5 in any tournament...
Also it would be fun if play every match trying to infinite everybody with Diddy, but it's hard to master it.

Just go to tournaments when you want to / don't have any other thing to do, you can get free money if you beat Razer :E
And tournaments don't happen every weekend, so it's not like you'll be overloaded with that.

PD: I'd like to see you in Apex beating some Japanese or Dittoing Wyatt again (you could also enter Marvel there), but I guess it's not going to happen :S

Nike.

Smash Hero

Gnes

Smash Master
It would be fun if you use Captain Falcon, but you wouldn't be top 5 in any tournament...
Also it would be fun if play every match trying to infinite everybody with Diddy, but it's hard to master it.

Just go to tournaments when you want to / don't have any other thing to do, you can get free money if you beat Razer :E
And tournaments don't happen every weekend, so it's not like you'll be overloaded with that.

PD: I'd like to see you in Apex beating some Japanese or Dittoing Wyatt again (you could also enter Marvel there), but I guess it's not going to happen :S

no,no, true, and maybe. I know marvel will be at apex. If I feel I'm good enough by then I'll definitely attend. If p4u is at apex I'll be pretty much confirmed. No promises though :).

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
I won't be at WABA. I'm hosting my own regional and need to save up for some of the expenses.

Go to Apex. I'll MM your :sheik:.

Infinitysmash

Smash Champion
i hate to say it gut the turn out for this was unacceptable for an official texas monthly. what the hell happened to nike infinity blondie dakpo alsm dojo xyro espy kprime mike2 mike3 big mike kbot goochie and league of scrubs?

as wolverine would say http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DfJnWAFvl1o&feature=player_detailpage#t=3s (what could he possibly find unacceptable?)
I was moving in to a house this weekend homie. I've been to a lot of the other tournaments lately, cut a brotha some slack homie :p

AeroLink_the_SoulMaster

Let's rock, baby!
Top Bottom