• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

As Sheik, Where Do You Play Best?

AnAardvark

Smash Journeyman
I'm just wondering, but do any of you users have some kind of a main stage? My main stage is Temple, because I play best there. In Tournaments where only neutral stages are allowed, I play at Smashville or Final Destination, BattleField isn't fun for me. :ohwell:

Where are you best with Sheik at? What stage gives you the most advantages? In a Wi-Fi battle with no SPECIFIC rules set, what stage would you pick?

KRDsonic

Smash Master
I tend to play well with her on halberd, which is the stage I will counterpick if I'm using sheik in a tournament.

THe reason is because at the low part of the platform I can dash under projectiles and if someone's hanging on the edge I can go to the low part, throw one needle, and it's just the right height that it hits them anyways. It's also harder to edgeguard sheik on that stage, and if I fight a snake player there it's not too hard to force them to use their Up B when they're below the stage, and then you can grab it and make them fall afterwards so they die.

Cobra

Smash Journeyman
Yoshi's Island is my favorite stage to use with Sheik.

...The platform moves up and down and the variation is good for sheik, who is a character that can easily adapt to a level change. Also, the entire length of the main part of the board is more or less covered in a single boost smash, so the opponent is never out of range.

The real reason why I like ti best though is because it's just about the only neutral stage where you can utilize Sheik's wall cling. I can't tell you the number of times clinging to that wall has saved me when normally I would have ended up edge-hogged when trying to chain or Up+B

goodoldganon

Smash Champion
^^^
That's like my favorite stage with every character. :)

But I have good luck with Shiek on FD, Yoshi's Island, and Battlefield.

Kricu

Smash Journeyman
My best stage is FD though I haven't tried much temple in brawl. It was my favorite back in melee.

popsofctown

Smash Champion
I like yoshi's island too, for sheik. Even though i phail too much to do any boost smashing.

I really am not sure what to pick with Sheik out of the counterpick stages.

However! I've found something really really cool about Frigate Orpheon. Get your opponent to about 110%, and wait around just a little bit. Sooner or later, you'll here the beep beep. When the stage beeps, immediately down special. Then the stage will flip while you are in the middle of transform, which puts you high up. Now, technically you could still get punished, but it's so confusing to your opponent. I mean who says "let's go practice punishing transform at frigate orpheon". It's pretty safe.

stealthsushi

Smash Apprentice
I play best on Battlefield since the platforms are just the perfect height for hitting opponents on the platform above you when using Sheik's U-Tilt, U-Smash (Tip), and the occasional F-Tilt (which I find a little harder to land on the opponents). There's also some curvature on the edges that makes allows for more friendly Vanish recoveries.

Yoshi's Island, Smashville, and Halberd are also pretty good levels for the reasons listed above :D Gotta love levels with platforms.

Go Sheik!!

slickmasterizzy

Smash Apprentice
i like a bunch but halberd is probably one of my favorites oh another thing you can do on halberd. you can use shieks UP+B to teleport through the ground platform. usually you can surprise people with the explosion. or they will shield which knocks them to where they have to grab on to the edge. and from there you got options =)

i hate FD. i just hate all the running i like the danger of more offstage play.

AnAardvark

Smash Journeyman
Ooh cool, glad to hear of all your opinions. :) If I couldn't pick Temple, I would probably pick Smashville as my next favorite stage. Love the music. :) Plus, it's basically like a small Final Destination with a little platform. When I really wanna make someone mad, I choose Final Destination. I throw em off and Edge-Guard them. :)

Keep the opinions coming, and I would like for some reasons, because who knows, I might choose a new favorite stage. :)

AlCaTraz644

Smash Apprentice
my stages would be smashville, FD, battlefield and PS1, oh anyone plays skyworld as shiek .

I think that maybe an okay stage for sheik .

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
Battlefield - works well for me no lag glide vanish is neat the platforms are great for connecting with upsmash tippers. needle spam is amazing here since the platforms make an aerial approach that much more difficult, and ironically the platforms give sheik an answer to a lot of projectile spammers in the game that a lot of other stages can't offer in it high platform to ground ratio. The platforms also keep foes above you a large percentage of the time. Good stuff all around.

frigate orphand is becoming my favorite stage, very similar to Battlefield in just about all the aspects I mentioned. Great for gimping off the right side. needle cancel to grab and tilts and crap, a wall for jab combo and whip lock. Metroid stage!

I don't like big flat stages with a low platform ratios; FD, Smashvillie, pokestadium, halbred (1/2 of it)

Rogue

Smash Cadet
I like any neutral stage with Sheik. Platforms or no, finding an approach isn't too frustrating, so I like the change in scenery the most.

Conversely, playing Ike on battlefield frustrates the hell out of me. The platforms seem to completely ruin my approach options (though I'm probably just missing something). Stuff like that hasn't bothered me yet with Sheik.

Mega-Japan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shonendo
3DS FC
0791-4753-3390
Final Destionation, pretty obvious >.>'
Plus I love Vanish Gliding there more than I do in other stages, lol.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
Though I really like people's reasons for choosing Yoshi's Island or even Halberd...

I'd go with Battlefield as the best choice. Sure, a LOT of characters are good there, but for good reason. Sheik should go there too because the platforms are the perfect height for her. Easy usmash tippers, as aforementioned. The utilt also reaches someone standing on the side platforms. And basically, because of the low lag on her aerial landings, she's good with platforms in general.

9bit

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'd go with Battlefield as the best choice. Sure, a LOT of characters are good there, but for good reason. Sheik should go there too because the platforms are the perfect height for her. Easy usmash tippers, as aforementioned. The utilt also reaches someone standing on the side platforms. And basically, because of the low lag on her aerial landings, she's good with platforms in general.
Pretty much this.

And Battlefield is my favorite stage overall.

Wildfire393

Smash Journeyman
Sheik can fight just about anywhere. I've found though, that Sheik does well with a platform, as you can stick under it and uptilt to hit people on top of it, which can lead to some nasty chases.

Yoshi's Island is probably the best, due to the wall-cling aspect
Halberd is also good
Smashville can be good
Battlefield is good
Final D is pretty neutral
Frigate Orpheon has a great platform in the one side, and a decent wall-cling opportunity on the other
Pokemon Stadium 1 has good height platforms, but they're a little small

And those are basically the stages I play on.

Villi

Smash Lord
Battlefield and Yoshi's Island. Battlefield is awesome and I like that I can wall cling for extra vertical air for low recoverers on YI.

Qzzy

Smash Journeyman
Seems like sheik does well wherever. Any stages you guys avoid and ban? I never know what to ban.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
Haha, yeah, same. It's always in my head that Sheik's good on every stage.

I'd ban Lylat, I suppose. I just don't like it, and my secondaries don't work very well there either.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
Battlefield for personal reasons (simply a nice stage for basically any character) and Halberd since "down b" kills pretty early there.

Subeinu

Smash Rookie
Final Destination: Its neutral, nothing special, and a perfect stage to kill for me :]
Battlefield: Love the Platforms.
Smashville: In a wierd way it has always been good to me o_o
Shadow Moses ( don't think many saw that one comming ): My favorite stage to "****" on. I really love this stage mostly couse it got it all, platforms, awsome walls (most people hate them but :)) Hitting them from wall to wall, then the wall crush and boom DSMASH! :laugh:

I really dislike the "Summit" Stage...

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
Alright guys, new thing:

Sheik/Zelda freaking ***** on Luigi's mansion.

You can tilt lock even more characters on this, and when they're at like 130%, your tilts freaking **** even more. Who cares if people tech? Just put them under the ceiling and tilt even more.

Zelda's hitlag is increased when you hit the pillars, a lot of people run into her usmash and fsmash if you spam it on them. Punishable? Whatever. Just DI into the ceiling and live.

Subeinu

Smash Rookie
Alright guys, new thing:

Sheik/Zelda freaking ***** on Luigi's mansion.

You can tilt lock even more characters on this, and when they're at like 130%, your tilts freaking **** even more. Who cares if people tech? Just put them under the ceiling and tilt even more.

Zelda's hitlag is increased when you hit the pillars, a lot of people run into her usmash and fsmash if you spam it on them. Punishable? Whatever. Just DI into the ceiling and live.
After reading your post then i found out that i had to try that.. and OH MY CHEESECAKE it *****!

Did that to a lvl 9 ROB cpu and he was all over the 200% number ;D
Great discovery ! I'm so loving this stage :laugh:

Top Bottom