• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Articuno Confirmed For Brawl" Saturday July 12 Appleton, WI

Vinodh

Smash Apprentice
bad ledges make it really bad for some chars
It should still be random because it's a predictable stage-
It doesn't move, nothing random can hit you, it doesnt have glitchy ledges, and you cant pull any infinites on it or get any random glitchy kills.
Even if it's bad for some characters, that doesn't mean you should ban it from random-
That's like saying dreamland shouldve been banned from random in melee because it was good for peach and jiggs, and that yoshis story shouldve been banned because a tipper from marth on that stage meant death. Even if the ledges are "bad" ( i dont know what u mean), they cant be as bad as the ledges from the old battlefeild or something.
If its a personal preference that you dont like it (ik caleb hates it) then just have it as your 1 ban. It should be on random not CP.
(BTW i dont either like or hate this stage, i just think its dumb its a CP stage)

Chexr

Smash Ace
Its not banned its just not neutral. It gives a horrible disadvantage towards some characters with shotty recovery's or tethers. If we were allowed one neutral reset and a ban then I could see it and PS1 on but you shouldn't have to burn a ban on a neutral stage thats the point of it being neutral. With PS1 and Lylat on (which are both equally bad) it's not even worth picking Wolf for me first round because you're almost certainly going to get gimped at least one of the 3 stock. It's generally given in the community for PS1 and LC to be unpopular stages anyways and normally both people just ban the two stages every set and if everyone just bans them why even have them on neutral.

Quaz

Smash Master
Tsen wanna come with me to this since your Brawl skills > your melee skills? lolz I guess I need a team mate so yeah.

Im still not sure if Im gonna come to this tho

Seanson

Smash Ace
chexr we can team. sdm says he doesn't plan on going so it can be our first team evar, and we'll win of course

i can probably drive if nobody else is going to

Eci4

Smash Ace
okay, so potentially I have a car full of people going.... this is assuming Swan gets friday/saturday off...

we are looking for housing friday night (plan on driving back after the tournament) can anyone hook us up

lonejedi

W.I.T.T.Y
BRoomer
okay, so potentially I have a car full of people going.... this is assuming Swan gets friday/saturday off...

we are looking for housing friday night (plan on driving back after the tournament) can anyone hook us up
I can't speak for JS, but I'm sure if you asked him he'd be willing to house if he went.

Zicore

Smash Champion
I concur with ethan. Just because he sucks at the level doesn't mean it should be banned.

lonejedi

W.I.T.T.Y
BRoomer
You know what, I'm going to rant right now, I'm really getting sick of it. We all know most of you hate this game, it's obvious, but im tired of you guys going on and on andon about the same stupid things. If you think Brawl sucks then don't come, I don't care, go host a melee tourney. I'm not going to hear people complain about brawl all day at my tournament and whine for melee.

Seriously, you guys are playing a dying game, you want to keep hosting melee tourneys and refuse to get good at brawl,that's fine by me. But at some point, melee will die. You can continue to deny this, but it will, new people who have never played competatively will join brawl, because it's the newer game. You'll have your small group of people, and that number will either stay the same, or get smaller. Brawl has been out for freaking 3 months, and it's already starting to pick up, if you hate it go play something else, but don't whine about it everytime you post about the game seriously.

Top Bottom