• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Arrow Locking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
I'm not the one who named it "locking". You can't tech during initial Hitstun in Brawl. The arrows are given insane hitstun.

And finally THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH TAUNTING! It's the same as Samus' suit and Samus' Homing Grapple in Melee.

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
lol Well I admit I was talking out my butt there. But it's becoming difficult to get these dorks to understand. Let's assume he could tech. He'd've been screwed had I pegged him while he was airborne.

aish

Smash Journeyman
I was there at undr's pool matches and saw the ROB player not being able to tech, unless he's a real bad techer xD there was lots of chances there to tech

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
I'm not the one who named it "locking". You can't tech during initial Hitstun in Brawl. The arrows are given insane hitstun.

And finally THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH TAUNTING! It's the same as Samus' suit and Samus' Homing Grapple in Melee.
i played melee for 7 years i know how to do the lock on grab with samus. you use the taunt buttons to activate it. those inputs do nothing for this FAKE "arrow lock". come on guys, you getting the little kids hyped up over nothing.

its not a lock and the rob had a chance to tech after every single shot unlike the vids i posted or the falco laser lock or pikas QAC lock.

and lets say (for the sake of arguing) it IS a lock. it ends at the edge of the stage and you cant land a kill move from it so why is this SOOOO amazing.

Fake vid.

fake tech.

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
Eye witnesses are already here. Do I need to track down everyone that was there? lol But even if it is techable, what if it were done in the air? Could aerial lock the person to their death.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
This cant be true.... Besides, My arrow Loops and rain is good enough.

Now if this did Existed, i can imagine my overpowered arrow tricks that could beat Metagay in no time. Unfortunately, I see this as an April Fool's trick. Actual fight or it didnt happen.

Xyro77

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
Lock or not it's real. Take it how you want. I've never seen anyone tech it and that R.O.B. was trying.

Tianxiazhai

Smash Journeyman
Lol this is so fail. Nice joke though.
Really, if you can air lock, then do it
In the immortal words of /b/
Vid or it didnt happen

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
But I did post a vid... Though not of the aerial lock. Anyway I'm going to bed. I've handed this over to the Smash Researchers group. Expect a thread or something on it within a few days.

Xyro77

Lock or not it's real. Take it how you want. I've never seen anyone tech it and that R.O.B. was trying.
well if it isnt a LOCK then it means its techable and this thread is worthless. if it is a LOCK then why does it not look EVEN CLOSE to any of the othe rlocks i have posted? ALL locks have things in common with them. this vid doesnt .

fake vid
fake tech

another vid of REAL locks

mario/samus/squirtle/falco

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wIP7QY0anuw

oh and for the heck of it, ill throw in a QAC lock

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JWSeg_rfm4M

codefelp

Smash Cadet
If this wasn't a joke, why the hell would you post it on April Fool's of all days?

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
Tournament happened on the 29th.

As for no timer? Blame Inui, he was the Pool Leader.

EDIT: XYRO! LISTEN! YOU CAN LOCK PEOPLE IN THE AIR! WHERE THERE ARE NO TECHABLE SURFACES! /head a'slodes

Psymon

Smash Sweetheart
April fools day is over...it's not
A joke
Best quote ever, well done Kown.

Undr, why don't you just make a video of you doing it and how you input the controls? Get a video camera or camera phone if needs be and video the timing on the d-pad inputs so that we can all test it the way you do?

Crew

Smash Apprentice
If this wasn't a joke, why the hell would you post it on April Fool's of all days?
This is what I was thinking.

I returned to this topic hoping to find out if it's truly fake or actually real. Seems like I still don't know.

._.

Psymon

Smash Sweetheart
Lmao Phaigne =P

I know a guy that maturbates to shoot them....we don't talk much....

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
He has a video. Check the 1st page. Question is...is the video legit? What I mean is that could be a short replay of a Brawl+ video. What with Brawl+ being able to change the attributes of attack damage and knockback, making the game faster and giving you wave-dashing, anything is possible. It's possible to use a cheat device to make Pit's Arrows do 999% damage and KO instantly.

Lezard

Smash Journeyman
He has a video. Check the 1st page. Question is...is the video legit? What I mean is that could be a short replay of a Brawl+ video. What with Brawl+ being able to change the attributes of attack damage and knockback, making the game faster and giving you wave-dashing, anything is possible. It's possible to use a cheat device to make Pit's Arrows do 999% damage and KO instantly.
yeah but that doesn't tell us anything

silver0p

Smash Journeyman
well i think that if this truly was a joke then it would clearly be over by now, and to me it looks like it hits with the power of a fully charged shot only with the knock back of an un charged one kinda. idk i am going to test this out some more and if i can get it to work i'll tell you, trust me if i tell you its real then it will be

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I want to take a different approach at this to see if u r telling the truth. 1 at a time, I'll be asking a request, and i want to see it, starting with this one:

Show me a replay, and at the beginning of the match, shoot the arrows at the opponent to see if they are normal arrows. THEN after u do ur little sequence and whatever, shoot arrows at the opponent again to see if this works.

And if I cant do it, then im not believing it easily.

kown

Smash Lord
undr has multiple accounts...this is now a joke...what pool leader forgets to put time on...thats a huge mistake.. ggs undr.

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
I do have multiple accounts. Though my first account hasn't been used since '03. ^_^

But really, the SBR will be making a thread on this sooner or later.

kown

Smash Lord
undr...the thread will be under brawl +...or something...if you would just get in the angel chat room so i can discuss this live.
EDIT: undr: you did get me...but now your just being retarted and letting the pit players fail more thann they already have...good job.

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
This was alot of fun, Even though I had nothing to do with it (other then leaving it open) I got several good laughs out of it. All the testing people did, the deep looks into it by several people, and the fact that we left it open for an extra day convincing people that it is real. I think my fav thing that happened because of all this is someone say "Corrupt, I tried for 20 minutes but couldn't get it. Its fake right?".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom